Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Earthquake Discussion

Default Re: 2016 Earthquake Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by BlackmoreRulz View Post
    big one
    Biggest one I have ever felt.

Biggest earthquake I've ever felt or been through, and seemed to go on forever. Pictures are still shaking....

Was basically just rattled right out of bed.

MASSIVE in the downtown/midtown area. We were asleep and it woke us both up. Seemed to go on forever. We could physically see our house, the chandelier, etc., shaking.

No kidding big one, can't wait to see the location/magnitude info on this one. When I say felt it in Mustang, I mean FELT IT. Whole house shook for a full minute.

6. Default Re: 2016 Earthquake Discussion

That was the biggest and longest one I've ever felt. I'm in SW OKC, I wonder where the epicenter was.

Was awoken by the sounds of stuff falling off shelves in the living room, have a few broken things

Based on my Facebook friend's responses, it felt just as strong in Ponca City and Bartlesville.

ETA: Also felt in Wichita!

That was a big one.............
    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  4.5 KB

My husband said he thought he felt a few small bumps through the night. Did anybody notice anything before this last night? I seem to remember real small something about 3:00 a.m. But I could've easily been dreaming.

Holy $#!? that was intense. My bed was rattling across the floor here by Belle Isle.

Was outside. Thought the brick wall in backyard was coming down! Also, watched the garden plants swaying with the force. Wow.

North Edmond here, must have been a large one if it was felt that wide. Didn't seem to have quite the intensity of the 5.1 of a few years ago but seemed to last longer and shake side to side more.

Holy Crum!.... West Edmond over by 178th & Western. That was the strongest one I've felt since the "big one" in 2011 and lasted 6-8 seconds. Our pendant lamp over the dining room table was swinging back and forth .

Goodness! Just felt it a while ago. I was sitting on the couch in the living room. The couch started swaying back and forth, and I thought my husband had sneaked up behind me and was trying to scare me! The shaking lasted a pretty good time. My husband was still in bed. He said it woke him up and the bed was moving too. We live in Duncan. This is the strongest and longest one we have experienced! Wow!

Felt stronger and longer than the one a few years ago when the OSU game was on. That was my previous big one and this one felt stronger. I bet there going to be a lot of brick veneers cracked this morning.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov

USGS has an earthquake tracker. You can see the info there on it. The one we had is not on there yet.

Ch 4 is saying 5.8 near Pawnee

Quote Originally Posted by BlackmoreRulz View Post
    Ch 4 is saying 5.8 near Pawnee
    usgs says 5.6 14km NW of Pawnee, Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by emtefury View Post
    http://earthquake.usgs.gov

USGS has an earthquake tracker. You can see the info there on it. The one we had is not on there yet.
    I've been keeping an eye on it, and about the time we had ours, Wyoming and Nevada have one listed, Wyoming's was pretty deep. Cluster of earthquakes, or was ours felt that far?

EDIT: And now the Wyoming report has disappeared. Conspiracy theorists, assemble!

That's the biggest quake I've felt since the 6.7 Northridge earthquake in 1994.

I could fell like some small rolling force then suddenly pretty big and violent jerks followed by more rolling.

22. Default Re: 2016 Earthquake Discussion

My friend (in LA CROSSE, WISC.) just texted me and told me it woke him up this morning. No kidding.

I was brushing my teeth in front of the bathroom mirror when it hit; suddenly everything in my field of vision became wavy because of the mirror's movement. Quite disorienting.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    My friend (in LA CROSSE, WISC.) just texted me and told me it woke him up this morning. No kidding.
    This one had some legs, just like the last 5.6 we had in '11.

25. Default Re: 2016 Earthquake Discussion

Heard reports from deep in the heart of Texas too

Thread Information