Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best nachos?

Default Re: Best nachos?

Since we are including Norman, I would vouch for Blackbird's pot roast nachos. They are melt in your mouth good...not so cheesy as to overwhelm everything. Wash it down with a Moscow Mule...you can thank me later LOL. Probably my go to summer food whenever I am in Norman.

I'll 5th Taco San Pedro. I usually do half beef/Half Chicken nachos and they absolutely hit the spot. They always have a great proportion of toppings to chips too, but the chips are really probably the best in the entire city. They are really thick & crunchy.

I always feel like Homer Simpson correctly pronouncing "nuclear" when discussing my favorite Mexican food in OKC (CSA). I know it's all subjective, but I love a dinner made from the nacho plates at Abuelita Rosas in Shawnee (US-177 and I-40). It's some of the best Mexican food I've had.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Had the Texadelphia version tonight... Quite good! Really like their chips which are light and crispy but can still hold up to some toppings:

Not enough cheese on those babies.....you can't be stingy with the cheese.

Not local, but when me and the wife travel to Dallas we always go to Mi Cocina and we get nachos, they do them a little different than places around here, as they layer each chip individually with the topping you choose. They are excellent no chips left behind....

6. Default Re: Best nachos?

Did anyone say taco San Pedro yet? With steak and a cup of extra cheese.

Three words: Yucatan Taco Stand.

Hands down best nachos anywhere, and half price during happy hour. Let me know when you are ready and I'll buy the nachos.

Fuzzy's version from last night.

I liked that they used queso with some melted cheese instead of just a mountain of shredded cheese. The best part of Fuzzy's is the hot sauce they have on the table.

Pete,
    Those look really good. I do prefer more jalapeños though. I'm sure they would add more on request. Not sure about the crumbled cheese even though cheese in any form is good. I prefer the stringy (lightly melted) cheese. But, since I wouldn't have to make them, I could learn to love Fuzzy's!
    C. T.

VZD's used to have "The Best Nachos". RIP

I can tell you that TapWerks has the worst nachos I've ever had. The layer of cheese was so thin, it disappeared on the chips. The chicken was just flavorless cubes. It was horrible!

I've never been able to find nachos in OKC that compare to anything I can make at home.

Beergarita Chicken Nachos

12. Default Re: Best nachos?

Quote Originally Posted by Em89 View Post
    VZD's used to have "The Best Nachos". RIP
    I haven't tried the nachos at VSDs since they reopened but the burgers, tacos and chicken tenders are as good as ever. I suspect the nachos are also.

13. Default Re: Best nachos?

I do like the Italian Nachos from Flip's.

Big Boys BBQ express on the SE corner of Rockwell and Britton makes some pretty good brisket nachos. Haven't had anything on their menu that wasn't pretty good.

Nachos at the pump bar are legit. Different though. No meat but a nice texture on a tostada so every bite is consistent. Definitely more a bar snack than a grande platter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160118_125138.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	3.93 MB 
ID:	12101 iron star, oh so good.

17. Default Re: Best nachos?

I love this thread so very much. I want to hug it.

The Super Nachos at The Warren are much better than theater nachos should be.

Thread Information