Widgets Magazine

Thread: Moore City Council 2016 Election

Moore Moore City Council 2016 Election

Anyone have any interesting thoughts on the race for Moore Mayor and council seats?

Default Re: Moore City Council 2016 Election

I guess I will vote for Glen Lewis again if he is running, he has been a pretty good mayor for us.

4. Default Re: Moore City Council 2016 Election

After giving it a good bit of thought over the past year, I decided to throw my name in the hat for Ward 1. We are looking forward to an exciting and informative few weeks ahead interacting with our Ward 1 neighbors.

If you have any questions, concerns, or general feedback about our city, please don't hesitate to reach out.

maxwellformoore@gmail.com

5. Default Re: Moore City Council 2016 Election

Wanted to follow up on the post above with a link to our Facebook page and also a handout discussing a few of the things I plan on prioritizing. Please give me a shout if you have any questions.

2016_01_20_15_47_26.jpg2016_01_20_15_48_04.jpg

What would it take for Moore to become a place where we can see some large corporations/employers setup base? I know there is a bit of it going on at the Fritts Farm development, but I still see Moore as a bedroom community to OKC and Norman.

I think the city is doing fine bringing in restaurants and stores, as the traffic on 19th street should be quite the testament to that.

I just think with all this land and the expected growth, it would be nice to have some high paying employers setup in the city. I'm probably way off base here, but sort of like how in the DFW metroplex, you'll see some large business parks in areas like Carrollton, Irving, Frisco, etc..

OKC still needs to build itself up and hopefully when oil prices rise up, we'll see more explosive growth downtown, but I don't see any reason why all the high paying jobs have to be in one spot in a city.

Quote Originally Posted by s00nr1 View Post
    Wanted to follow up on the post above with a link to our Facebook page and also a handout discussing a few of the things I plan on prioritizing. Please give me a shout if you have any questions.

2016_01_20_15_47_26.jpg2016_01_20_15_48_04.jpg
    I wish you luck! Oklahoma really needs fresh ideas on every level!

8. Default Re: Moore City Council 2016 Election

Just a reminder for all of my Moore neighbors the election is tomorrow. Mayoral and council elections usually have low turnout, so every vote WILL count, and I'd be honored to have your support!

https://www.facebook.com/MaxwellforMoore/

Thread Information