Widgets Magazine

Thread: Tulsa Tornado Tower Being Taken More Seriously

Default Tulsa Tornado Tower Being Taken More Seriously

“It’s been named as one of the best examples of ‘regional disasterism’ in the world. It’s taking something negative and turning it into a positive,” Kinslow said. - See more at: Proposed Tulsa Tornado Tower receives praise from European... | www.fox23.com

Default Re: Tulsa Tornado Tower Being Taken More Seriously

That's cool they are really wanting to build this..

It would be a better fit in OKC because of our tornado history, but good for Tulsa.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    That's cool they are really wanting to build this..

It would be a better fit in OKC because of our tornado history, but good for Tulsa.
    I would not have expected much statistical difference between the two cities on tornadoes, especially if adjusting for the different land areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    I would not have expected much statistical difference between the two cities on tornadoes, especially if adjusting for the different land areas.
    Tulsa has a slightly lower frequency of tornadoes than OKC does. The biggest difference between the two cities on tornado statistics is Tulsa has not had to deal with the onslaught of EF4 and EF5 tornadoes that have ransacked Moore since 1999. If you take Moore out of the equation, the risk is relatively similar in both cities.

I would love to see it built. Obviously because I live in OKC, I'd want to see it built in Norman, but if it did get built in Tulsa I'd still be excited. It'd definitely be an instant icon and really stand out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I would love to see it built. Obviously because I live in OKC, I'd want to see it built in Norman, but if it did get built in Tulsa I'd still be excited. It'd definitely be an instant icon and really stand out.
    What happened to LA?

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    What happened to LA?
    I'm out here now. I was in Oklahoma for a bit. I'm flying back today and leaving the 2 week of January. I'm starting at the New York Film Academy in May.

Would be great to see some developers pull through on this one. Just for the sake of Tulsa having something unique that visitors can go to and locals can be proud of.

I'm not holding my breath, though.

10. Default Re: Tulsa Tornado Tower Being Taken More Seriously

I'd be a little surprised if this actually happens. I mean it's happened before like with OKC's Citizens Bank on 23rd, so I could be wrong. The small (and weird) floor plates makes this a little odd. It's like living in a trailer with the long spaces with a hall on one side. So they basically get 1 layout. And that layout makes for a lot of wasted space with that hall down the middle of the floor too. I may be a little biased since i've always hated this building though. I always called it the flight controller building because it looked like it belonged at the airport. And the mismatched sides drive me nuts.

Just tear it down. No way it's still structurally stable.

I’ve been seeing quite a few RFQs going out for Remington Tower over the past month. Looks like they are serious about moving forward on the above proposal.

Thread Information