Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Construction on Douglas

Default New Construction on Douglas

Does anyone know what is being built on south Douglas on the west side across from Sonic? Better yet, is there a way to search building permits?

Default Re: New Construction on Douglas

Word is they are expanding the shopping center N to the garage.

What kind of this planning?

4. Default Re: New Construction on Douglas

That was my guess to Quapaws. Just stretching out the shopping center to a third section. whoopee...sarcasm. Oh look....ANOTHER strip center.

We went passed to S. Douglas Blvd and S.E 29th. I noticed were planning to building? Just wonder curious what kind of this planning? The heavy equipments and just empty dirty land already.

farther on down north and next to the bank (s side), a lot is being cleared and lots of dirt work going on ... Hear a " Jimmy Johns" is going in somewhere around S.E. 29 & Douglas .. Is this it ?

7. Default Re: New Construction on Douglas

my guess is it would go in the new strip center just north of the existing ones. I dont think ive ever seen a free-standing Jimmy John's. But then again, we never used to see free-standing chick-fil-a's either.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    my guess is it would go in the new strip center just north of the existing ones. I dont think ive ever seen a free-standing Jimmy John's. But then again, we never used to see free-standing chick-fil-a's either.
    The Jimmy John's in Moore is freestanding. That was my first, but I can't say I'd seen more than handful prior.

9. Default Re: New Construction on Douglas

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    The Jimmy John's in Moore is freestanding. That was my first, but I can't say I'd seen more than handful prior.
    Pete just announced a free standing Jimmy Johns being built in the Uptown/23rd Street thread..... So it very well could be the same coming to MWC.

I was passed other day ago. I saw it other new buildings sites not know what kind of new business and next across the street other new building beginning now close by sonic restaurant. So anyway I think looking for new restaurant like as JIMMY JOHNS DELI or ZAXBY'S CHICKEN? But I heard said will coming soon new add Bbq not know what name is? I wonder it.

In between the Kfc and Bank is suppose to be a Custard place? On down South where the old Grimes Real Estate Building was is suppose to Jimmy Johns, we'll see how true my sources are on this one

Yes, I suspect should be Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Midwest City – COMING SOON! 2820 S Douglas Midwest City, OK 73110. The other next across to the street new building should be Jimmy Johns? but, I think so not sure just guess and I am sure my guess.

North on Douglas Blvd up @ NE 23 .....Where the Old Chinese Food Place USED to Be Next to KFC ....Its' Rumored that a ON-Cue is going in there on the SW crn

Mid-Del Re: New Construction on Douglas

The Golden Goose Bldg...used to be a TG&Y bldg in the 60"s is Gone...Down to rubble and the NW crn has extensive dirt work going on....NE 23 & Douglas Blvd

15. Default Re: New Construction on Douglas

Quote Originally Posted by QUAPAW5 View Post
    The Golden Goose Bldg...used to be a TG&Y bldg in the 60"s is Gone...Down to rubble and the NW crn has extensive dirt work going on....NE 23 & Douglas Blvd
    Some of that work is an OnCue.

What kind recommended to bring new building?

Quote Originally Posted by QUAPAW5 View Post
    I can't wait for the OnCue!!! lol I'm gald that SOMETHING is being done w/ that corner... , I'm hoping it'll bring some more devlpmnt out this side of MWC , which IS neglected, I wonder if they did a car count how surprised they'd be at the volume of traffic on NE 23rd?

Back Down south to the SE 29 Street area ....Word is that Swadleys is going to build around Finley Rd and 29 (1 blk east of Douglas) so I'd suspect the old tinker truck lot would be the site.

19. Default Re: New Construction on Douglas

That'll be interesting to see if it sticks being a larger name. We've had 3 or 4 different BBQ places there over the years and they never took. I think one was called Legends, and was in the current site of the burger joint. I think then they moved across the street to the newer strip center or something. Memory is fuzzy. I remember it being pretty good and fairly priced, but NO ONE ever in the building. I liked their ribs because they were the fall-off-the-bone type, unlike Spencers (which everyone seems to love for some weird reason) where you have to chew it off like a freaking dog. And Spencers is so dang expensive for the amount you get.

I've never been to Swadleys, but they appear to be popular around town at other sites. I'm all for more things to keep the development going east on 29th there and clear out some of the last remaining crap (come on Frog Pond and trailer park redevelopment). Best thing about locations like this is Tinker traffic. As long as they can fork out the food during lunch, they're set.

20. Default Re: New Construction on Douglas

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    That'll be interesting to see if it sticks being a larger name. We've had 3 or 4 different BBQ places there over the years and they never took. I think one was called Legends, and was in the current site of the burger joint. I think then they moved across the street to the newer strip center or something.
    I know there was a Gary Dale's there for a brief time.

Last Saturday we went to N. Douglas Blvd and NE 23rd st. So I see that said banner coming soon Storages and I don't see post about on cue?

Freddie's Sign is going up ... They were drilling sign mount this PM

Saw a sign on the west side of Douglas in this area saying a Zaxby's is coming.

Does OKC build anything other than fast food joints? Aren't Oklahomans fat enough?

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    Does OKC build anything other than fast food joints? Aren't Oklahomans fat enough?
    Yes. If you haven't noticed, we constructed the 850 ft tall Devon Tower, a 27 story modern office building is under construction, a huge Central Park is under way, streetcar system, a massive convention center, tons of modern homes have gone up, thousands of new downtown residential units are completed, thousands of new hotel rooms are on the market. A 10 story office building was proposed for Bricktown, a massive expansion to Tinker is about to begin, and Boeing just built a very large office building at Tinker. A massive mixed use development with golfing, restaurants, entertainment, and retail is being built on Memorial. Warehouses and heavy industry in SW OKC have been expanding very rapidly. The airport is about to construct the east concourse.

But please, inform us more that OKC is a crap city with only fast food joints, crap roads, and fat people. I'm sure we are all ready to hear more of your distaste for OKC.

Thread Information