Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 45 of 45
  1. Default Re: New Construction on Douglas

    I think id tend to agree with dcsooner. We do, in fact, have the most fast food per capita in the country. So it's a fair question. I wonder why Oklahoman's are so fat....hmmmmmmm

  2. Default Re: New Construction on Douglas

    Looks like Freddy's is open today. I'm ready to have one of the hot dogs.
    C. T.

  3. #28

    Default Re: New Construction on Douglas

    Fat people??? I live east of I-35 in Edmond, I see lots of very fit bike riders out on the rural roads. I doubt that they have an oz of fat on them. I doubt they are living on fast food. There are a few people who shop/eat food from Sprouts, Natural grocers, Whole Foods and the like. I'm not saying all of Okc metro people are the picture of fit but like most areas, there are the ones who struggle with their weight and those who live and breath fitness.

  4. Default Re: New Construction on Douglas

    Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    Fat people??? I live east of I-35 in Edmond, I see lots of very fit bike riders out on the rural roads. I doubt that they have an oz of fat on them. I doubt they are living on fast food. There are a few people who shop/eat food from Sprouts, Natural grocers, Whole Foods and the like. I'm not saying all of Okc metro people are the picture of fit but like most areas, there are the ones who struggle with their weight and those who live and breath fitness.
    Consider the source of your information given the area you're looking in. I'm not making it up that we have more fast food percapita than any other state. And until OKC "went on a diet", we were one of the fattest states too. We're still not in the top half of the "fit" states, but we did gain a lot of ground thanks to that program....and especially OKC. But we got "credit" for the program too, not that everyone suddenly dropped 50 pounds because part of the criteria for the placings is if there are programs...so it sort of falsely inflates the positive.

    And let me just say, just because you shop at Whole Paycheck, doesn't mean you're health. It just means you spend a lot on your food.

    My family and I walk a lot and are very active....we're not the norm. Check out how many people drive from one store to the next in a shopping center. Somehow because it's outside and there is an option, they drive. Put it inside in a mall, where walking is the only option...and they walk. Magic.

  5. #30

    Default Re: New Construction on Douglas

    OK Fat people ...Get this ... Word is a Dunkin Donuts and a Dairy Queen are going in somewhere on Douglas Blvd or near 29Th & Douglas ...ummm

  6. #31

    Default Re: New Construction on Douglas

    it'd be nice to have a DQ back in MWC.... then I can get my occsnl Blizzard fix w/o having to eat it all before going home lol & dunkin donuts as well hmm?
    well I guess it'd give Paradise Donuts some competition..

  7. Default Re: New Construction on Douglas

    Quote Originally Posted by Trisha View Post
    it'd be nice to have a DQ back in MWC.... then I can get my occsnl Blizzard fix w/o having to eat it all before going home lol & dunkin donuts as well hmm?
    well I guess it'd give Paradise Donuts some competition..
    Trisha,
    Did you know that there is one just down the street (29th) in Del City? It's about .2 mile West of Midwest City (Sooner road).
    C. T.

  8. #33

    Default Re: New Construction on Douglas

    long time lurker.
    between 15th and 29th, does anyone know what the new building is going to be that is just south of the KFC? it looks like it has a drive-thru window.
    Also, what about the construction just north of the new Zaxby's, anyone know?

  9. Default Re: New Construction on Douglas

    i though the building just south of KFC was a re-do of the real estate office? Maybe she just put up the sign because she was the one that sold the land?! LOL. A drivethrough wouldn't make sense for real estates hahahaha.

    North of Zaxby's is just another small strip mall...5 shops or something. zzzzzz

  10. #35

    Default Re: New Construction on Douglas

    Quote Originally Posted by WitWhy View Post
    long time lurker.
    between 15th and 29th, does anyone know what the new building is going to be that is just south of the KFC? it looks like it has a drive-thru window.
    Also, what about the construction just north of the new Zaxby's, anyone know?
    North of Zaxbys is definitely a strip center.
    Hopefully whatever is going by KFC is something awesome! It does have a drive-thru window.

  11. Default Re: New Construction on Douglas

    We are working with Nina (Really Rick) to find a home right now. She said that they are not rebuilding an office, but that the current developers have just not removed her sign, said it's been a boost because people think she is having her office rebuilt. Word is, it's suppose to be a Jimmy Johns.

  12. Default Re: New Construction on Douglas

    Makes sense mmonroe as that was what people had been talking about here recently.

    If Grimes is looking for a new spot, there's plenty of new space being built on Douglas right now LOL.

  13. #38

    Default Re: New Construction on Douglas

    Dunkin Donuts and Baskin Robbins going in the strip center north of Zaxbys! Woohoo! I love both of those more than I should lol.

    I comment on Swadleys FB all the time about building in the Mid-Del area so hopefully it happens one day soon.

  14. #39

    Default Re: New Construction on Douglas

    Also going into the strip mall with BR/Dunkin Donuts is a liquor store which is moving from 15th street. It’s going to be very nice.

  15. Default Re: New Construction on Douglas

    I believe the liquor store is the same one that's the new name of Andy's from 29th, currently next to Penny and Irenes. I would bet they needed more room to spread. The current spot is smaller than Andy's was, and it's hard to get the wine selection in that spot that they used to have. I'm very glad the same knowledgeable folks still work there.

  16. #41

    Default Re: New Construction on Douglas

    Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    I believe the liquor store is the same one that's the new name of Andy's from 29th, currently next to Penny and Irenes. I would bet they needed more room to spread. The current spot is smaller than Andy's was, and it's hard to get the wine selection in that spot that they used to have. I'm very glad the same knowledgeable folks still work there.
    The liquor store is going to have a tasting room. It will be ready to go when the new law goes into effect.

  17. Default Re: New Construction on Douglas

    Sweet!

  18. #43

    Default Re: New Construction on Douglas

    Its Official In Todays Business section of the Oklahoman ...Dunkin Donuts and Baskin Robbins are Opening 2 dual-brand stores in OKC ..One in Moore @ 630 SW 4th and One in Midwest City @ 2301 S Douglas Blvd On Dec 20 (same Bldg as Midwest Wine next to Zarbys Chicken)

  19. #44

    Default Re: New Construction on Douglas

    Firehouse Subs Sign is up Next to Midwest wine ...

  20. #45

    Default Re: New Construction on Douglas

    Went by the liquor store the other night, really nice and laid out, super friendly staff and they already have refrigeration in place (not turned on obviously) for when the laws change. Including a count down to when the law goes into effect!

    Also swung by Baskin/Dunkin, it's totally a ice cream shop / donut place. Nice to have a dessert place in MWC though, we usually take the kids by Cold Stone when we're in the city.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New Building at 15th and Douglas
    By goodfriday in forum Midwest City/Del City
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-14-2015, 02:36 PM
  2. What's Going on at I-240 and Douglas?
    By dismayed in forum Midwest City/Del City
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-23-2011, 08:21 AM
  3. 10th and Douglas
    By usmbubba in forum Midwest City/Del City
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-07-2010, 05:09 PM
  4. 29th and Douglas
    By grandshoemaster in forum Midwest City/Del City
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 08:07 AM
  5. Douglas Blvd
    By usmbubba in forum Midwest City/Del City
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-10-2010, 11:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO