Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urban Farmhouse

Farmers Market Urban Farmhouse

How have we not talked about this?

Massive, cool store near Farmers Market.

http://www.urbanfarmhousedesign.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	181 
Size:	2.74 MB 
ID:	11953

Default Re: Urban Farmhouse

I drove by this place a couple days ago but didn't realize it was a store. It looks abandoned on the outside. Will definitely have to check it out now!

It's pretty amazing and *huge*

It's undoubtedly my favorite home furnishings place in the metro.

Blog Entries

It's an amazing place and has grown and imroved in a really short period of time. We went there several months ago and then again about a week ago and couldn't believe how it has grown and changed in terms of inventory, the upstairs area, etc. Great stuff.

6. Default Re: Urban Farmhouse

I drive by a lot and have been meaning to check it out. I love those pieces, but would probably only be able to buy for my office, owing to the mid-century modern thing I have going on at home.

Western Avenue in that area is taking an interesting and funky turn, which I think is spillover from both downtown and Plaza District activity nearby. But lots of interesting stuff has popped up in recent years between NW 13th and I-40. Blue Sage and Istvan were pioneers, but now there is an eclectic group of interior places, junk/antique shops, OKC Kayak and the like, and some interesting building stock yet to be redeveloped. Hopefully it will REALLY take off when places like 21c and Sunshine Cleaners and Laundry come online a block over.

You would simply not believe how big it is inside; this is one of those "this can't be OKC" places.

Also, as you first walk in through the two huge exterior wooden doors, they have this big workshop you walk past where they are making a lot of the tables and different pieces they sell.

Then, you open sliding glass doors into the showroom (2nd picture below -- look at those doors!) and you are in this massive first floor space with a bunch of separate side rooms. Once you go upstairs, it's a huge open space that has furniture and accessories for as far as the eye can see.

Generally speaking it's not my style, but they have cool stuff. Found a bunch of light fixtures that I really like, for example.

Everyone should go just for the experience. It's an amazing place and you could spend a lot of time just wandering around.

I will need to check this out this week as I haven't started any of my Christmas shopping yet.

Everyone is clamoring for Restoration Hardware and Arhaus and here we have a local store that has many similar things, is about 5X the size of those stores and most of us have never even been in it!

I'm embarrassed to say I didn't even know about it until someone took me there yesterday.

It is nothing less than stunning -- pictures do not do it justice.

This is just part of the upstairs.

Look at the ceiling...

What are prices like?

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    What are prices like?
    Ever been to Hemispheres? Take that times 25% , but that have a long waiting list for their products, so someone is buying it.

I just stopped by and this place is pretty awesome. Exactly my style.

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    What are prices like?
    About the same per square foot prices of higher end granite... Didn't realize reclaimed box car floors were so expensive.

Been there several times, love it. One time I noticed a sold ticket to Toby Keith.

Holy crap - I had no idea this place existed. I'm definitely checking it out this week.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptDave View Post
    Holy crap - I had no idea this place existed. I'm definitely checking it out this week.
    Add me to that list - no idea! On the list to do next week as well.

Stopped by today. Very well done, friendly staff. You can see into the workshop which I thought was cool. Décor items were average boutique prices -$85 for a pillow. Had a lot of gift items upstairs for under $30. Most of the larger furniture pieces were $1300 on up.

This is great information provided by Pete for the majority of us who didn't know about this place. Thank you. OKC often has hidden gems that just need a little publicity to really take off.

I used to drive by it on my way to work everyday. They held this "wood and waffles" event, and I thought it was a restaurant.

My parents mentioned this store today and aside from this thread I had never heard of it. I purchased furniture for my place a year ago and looked around at a lot of places and this place never and showed up on my radar.... looks awesome.

22. Default Re: Urban Farmhouse

This is one of our favorite local stores. We used to order from R.H. or find pieces occasionally in IO Metro, but this place has so much more to choose from and take home that day.

23. Default Re: Urban Farmhouse

I want to check this place out, even though it doesn't really fit the style of my house.

A couple friends here in Fort Worth (both from California) who are big fans of Fixer Upper were talking about this as being a cheaper version of the Gaines' extremely popular store in Waco, so the word is out!
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

^

It's not my style either although they have some pretty cool light fixtures.

It's a pretty amazing place and *huge*.

^^^^^

Yep, not our style either, although I can see perhaps a piece or two blending in with our more traditional eclectic mix of things.

Still drawn to go there from time to time just to walk through the "experience" of it all. And the sales staff is always extremely cordial. I think it's awesome that they located where they did, too.

Thread Information