Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
  1. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

2. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

From last night's news....

Ch 9 did a piece about some of the Holtzclaw documents now being unsealed...

3. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

From last night's news....

Ch 25 did a piece about some of the Holtzclaw documents now being unsealed...

Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

I pray that the truth comes forward on this, but the judicial system along with the police dept have every reason to not want to come out wrong in the end. Not only would an innocent man have gone to jail, but it would also mean there is deep corruption within the system that affects anyone who lives here.

Brian - I saw the riff raff you had about a year ago when that joke of a local blog tried to "dispute" your claims. Have you seen any new info on this case or have people started questioning the verdict?

I suspect there is a heavy social stigma in this case and siding with Holtzclaw somehow means you're against the supposed victims, but that is not true.

5. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

Quote Originally Posted by skwillz View Post
    I pray that the truth comes forward on this, but the judicial system along with the police dept have every reason to not want to come out wrong in the end. Not only would an innocent man have gone to jail, but it would also mean there is deep corruption within the system that affects anyone who lives here.

Brian - I saw the riff raff you had about a year ago when that joke of a local blog tried to "dispute" your claims. Have you seen any new info on this case or have people started questioning the verdict?

I suspect there is a heavy social stigma in this case and siding with Holtzclaw somehow means you're against the supposed victims, but that is not true.
    The truth is all that I want and was what I was originally hired to seek out. People have to remember, I was first hired by Holtzclaw's defense attorney (not by the Holtzclaw's themselves) to try and figure out what Daniel was lying about and what he had actually done. It wasn't until I couldn't find a single piece of evidence of a single crime committed by Daniel that the family asked me to be a part of the defense team and hired me directly.

Honestly, if someone could just prove Daniel committed a single one of the allegations made against him, it would be a great relief to me. I would drop my advocacy (that I do at my own cost since his conviction) and it would lift this huge cloud regarding our criminal justice system that weighs heavy on me.

I am still very much "in the loop" of what is going on as far as Daniel's appeal. Right now we are forced to sit and wait while the latest round of secret hearings plays out and we eventually get a decision from the Court of Criminal Appeals.

One bright spot is that there is now a very large and growing percentage of the population that has been willing to look at the facts and determined for themselves that something is amiss with this prosecution and conviction. During the trial you couldn't fill a room with Daniel supporters, but now those supporters number in the thousands.

Being a Daniel Holtzclaw advocate has not benefitted me at all. I've actually lost some 'friends' and clients because of it. I'm called a racist and a rapist apologist. Much of the public simply wants a poster boy for police abuse and they don't want to admit they picked the wrong cop to hang that title on.

Everything I do I do at my own cost in time and real money. The unfortunate reality is, that IF this can ever even be undone it will take many years.

6. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

Tomorrow in Enid, Michelle Malkin returns to debate season two of her CRTV program Michelle Malkin Investigates - RAILROADED: Surviving Wrongful Convictions.

The event starts at 10am and includes a special screening, meet-and-greet, special guests and panel discussion.

Special guests include former law enforcement officers who were previously convicted of crimes only later to be exonerated due to malicious prosecution and lying accusers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21430617_10102703798079211_839206846867683023_n.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	14125

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    The truth is all that I want and was what I was originally hired to seek out. People have to remember, I was first hired by Holtzclaw's defense attorney (not by the Holtzclaw's themselves) to try and figure out what Daniel was lying about and what he had actually done. It wasn't until I couldn't find a single piece of evidence of a single crime committed by Daniel that the family asked me to be a part of the defense team and hired me directly.

Honestly, if someone could just prove Daniel committed a single one of the allegations made against him, it would be a great relief to me. I would drop my advocacy (that I do at my own cost since his conviction) and it would lift this huge cloud regarding our criminal justice system that weighs heavy on me.

I am still very much "in the loop" of what is going on as far as Daniel's appeal. Right now we are forced to sit and wait while the latest round of secret hearings plays out and we eventually get a decision from the Court of Criminal Appeals.

One bright spot is that there is now a very large and growing percentage of the population that has been willing to look at the facts and determined for themselves that something is amiss with this prosecution and conviction. During the trial you couldn't fill a room with Daniel supporters, but now those supporters number in the thousands.

Being a Daniel Holtzclaw advocate has not benefitted me at all. I've actually lost some 'friends' and clients because of it. I'm called a racist and a rapist apologist. Much of the public simply wants a poster boy for police abuse and they don't want to admit they picked the wrong cop to hang that title on.

Everything I do I do at my own cost in time and real money. The unfortunate reality is, that IF this can ever even be undone it will take many years.

Thank you for the update. It does not surprise me that you have suffered the stigma associated with taking the position you have on this case.

Can we expect you to keep us updated in this thread as things progress, or do you have a more official place you are tracking this?

8. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

Thank you for the update. It does not surprise me that you have suffered the stigma associated with taking the position you have on this case.

Can we expect you to keep us updated in this thread as things progress, or do you have a more official place you are tracking this?
    Yes, I will definitely provide important updates to this thread. Not every crumb along the way, but definitely important information.

I also maintain a website dedicated to the Holtzclaw case at www.HoltzclawTrial.com

I've stop posting to my website for a bit because I'm getting ready to launch an in-depth podcast about the case - talking about each allegation and releasing ALL of the discovery information as the podcast progresses. However, there still is some excellent material on the website now.

Maybe we can get a "Making a Murderer" style documentary done with all the content that Mr. Bates has.

Honestly I haven't been following this to close other than what you post here. I do think there has been prejudice on all sides causing cases like this to be in a constant cloud of doubt. No one trusts anyone anymore, and I think Daniel was the first to be "made an example of" following some of the recent backlash about (admittedly) some pretty poor examples of policing.

I thank you Mr. Bates as I'm sure what you are doing is rather thankless. Everyone (guilty or not) deserves representation dedicated to them.

10. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Maybe we can get a "Making a Murderer" style documentary done with all the content that Mr. Bates has.

Honestly I haven't been following this to close other than what you post here. I do think there has been prejudice on all sides causing cases like this to be in a constant cloud of doubt. No one trusts anyone anymore, and I think Daniel was the first to be "made an example of" following some of the recent backlash about (admittedly) some pretty poor examples of policing.

I thank you Mr. Bates as I'm sure what you are doing is rather thankless. Everyone (guilty or not) deserves representation dedicated to them.
    Speaking of 'Making a Murderer'..... Steven Avery's former attorney, Kathleen Zellner, has shown interest and has been tweeting about Holtzclaw's case.

Speaking of 'Making a Murderer'..... Steven Avery's former attorney, Kathleen Zellner, has shown interest and has been tweeting about Holtzclaw's case.
    Zellner is Avery's FORMER attorney? I guess I didn't realize she was no longer representing him. I guess his appeals weren't working out.

13. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

Yesterday marked an important date. Dec. 10th was Daniel Holtzclaw's 31st birthday and marked the two year anniversary of his conviction. Daniel will be spending another birthday and another Christmas behind bars for crimes he did not commit. Crimes in which not a single witness was presented by the prosecution. Crimes which not a single piece of direct evidence was presented by the prosecution. 62 of the years he was sentenced to came as a result of an accuser who could not pick him out at trial and swore her attacker was a short black man.

Important Notes:
    1.) Much of the highly promoted GPS evidence did not match the accuser's allegations and was simply dismissed by the prosecution as "I guess they just couldn't remember it correctly."
    2.) The DNA evidence in the trial was intentionally misrepresented by the OCPD. DNA expert Elaine Taylor found both male and female DNA on the fly of Holtzclaw's uniform pants. However, she did not disclose that at trial.
    3.) A panel of highly respected independent DNA experts from around the country has all weighed in an agree the DNA was mishandled and misrepresented at trial.
    4.) It has now been revealed that DNA expert Elaine Taylor is the mother-in-law of lead prosecution investigator Detective Rocky Gregory. Neither Taylor nor Gregory revealed this to the defense nor jury at trial. Det. Gregory was given several awards and a promotion because of this case. When questions were raised about Taylor's handling of the DNA she quickly and suddenly retired. Taylor is also the mother of a Springlake division OKC police Lt. who worked on the Holtzclaw case. That too was never revealed to the defense or jury.
    5.) Famed defense attorney Kathleen Zellner (also represents Steven Avery of Netflix's Making A Murderer) is now a part of Holtzclaw's new defense team.

Below is brief overview/update video from Lighthouse Project Founder Diana Davison...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT56Ve2SsUk&t=

14. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

The HoltzclawTrial.com/thepodcast is getting close to launching. Should be starting the first part of 2018. This will be an in-depth series that will cover the investigation into Daniel Holtzclaw using the OCPD investigative timeline. Episodes will cover each accuser and their allegations and how OCPD conducted their investigation. The narrative will be based on the actual never before released OCPD police files. At the conclusion of each episode, the corresponding discovery evidence will be made public on the HoltzclawTrial.com website. By the end of the series, every piece of discovery evidence will have been discussed and made public.

I've setup a voicemail number for people to voice questions, concerns, criticism, or comments regarding the allegations, investigation and trial of Daniel Holtzclaw. Voicemails will be considered for future podcast episodes.

(405) 466-5622

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Holtzclaw Podcast Voicemail Square 01.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	534.7 KB 
ID:	14333

15. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

A Series by Michelle Malkin regarding Daniels case and some new happenings....

Pyongyang on the Prairie, Part I

Pyongyang on the Prairie, Part 2

Pyongyang on the Prairie, Part 3

16. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

My good friend Michelle Malkin of Michelle Malkin Investigates on CRTV - who is the most devoted advocate to free wrongfully convicted former OKC police officer Daniel Holtzclaw has just released a new video updating everyone on his flawed criminal case, trial and appeal....

This is new and a MUST WATCH...

17. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

Brian any updates on this?

19. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

Brian any updates on this?
    Still waiting on the courts to resolve their secret hearings and for the CCA to make a ruling.

My podcast on this case (and release of all discovery items) is set to begin in June on the anniversary of the Jannie Ligons traffic stop.

Other than that, it's been stagnate. I talk to Daniel on a regular basis and he's holding in there. He did win the prison weight lifting competition.

20. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

Daniel Holtzclaw's sister, Jenny, hosted a Facebook Live event last night where Daniel called in an answered questions from those who tuned in.

It's below for those interested...

I heard Michelle Malkin on the KTOK evening drive with Lee Mathews as she discussed the Holzclaw case as well as her upcoming appearance at the Manhattan Film Festival.

https://www.conservativereview.com/a...tival-weekend/

22. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

Michelle Malkin's "Railroaded: Surviving Wrongful Convictions" was screened over the weekend in NY at the Manhattan Film Festival.

While highlighting 3 exonerated individuals, she also focuses this video on Daniel Holtzclaw too....

23. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

Michelle Malkin's "Railroaded: Surviving Wrongful Convictions" was screened over the weekend in NY at the Manhattan Film Festival.

While highlighting 3 exonerated individuals, she also focuses this video on Daniel Holtzclaw too....
    I can't remember your involvement (if any) with the case, but what is your overall take on it, and what is your take on the work Michelle Malkin is doing here?

Edit: nevermind, all I had to do was scroll up...duh.

24. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

I haven't been keeping up with this thread because it is in the politics forum so I had missed all of your commentary. Now that politics is showing up when you click "latest posts" - hopefully this is only temporary - it was brought up in my search. I'll have to go back and read through your comments and those of others.

25. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I haven't been keeping up with this thread because it is in the politics forum so I had missed all of your commentary. Now that politics is showing up when you click "latest posts" - hopefully this is only temporary - it was brought up in my search. I'll have to go back and read through your comments and those of others.
    No problem. My primary goal is to see that Daniel at least gets a new trial. I also want to educate the public that this case was in no way how it was portrayed by the media and the prosecution.

On a positive note, the investigative video above was just last night announced as a Manhattan Film Festival award recipient for their "Film Heals" award.

From their website. "Every year Manhattan Film Festival honors three filmmakers with a Film Heals Award. This awards is given to filmmakers that use the power of film to promote peace, justice, equality, and humanity. Film has the unique ability to raise awareness and bring change. All submitting filmmakers will be eligible for this award."

Thread Information