Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
  1. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

I've begun posting discovery materials from episode one of my Daniel Holtzclaw podcast.

Podcast Home Page (HoltzclawTrial.com)

Episode 02 Home Page

Episode 02 OCPD Reports

Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    I've begun posting discovery materials from episode one of my Daniel Holtzclaw podcast.

Podcast Home Page (HoltzclawTrial.com)

Episode 02 Home Page

Episode 02 OCPD Reports
    finished the first episode today at lunch. good audio mix, keep up the good work. i'm trying to keep an open mind and listen to more than just what i got on the news about this, so i can make an informed opinion.

3. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    finished the first episode today at lunch. good audio mix, keep up the good work. i'm trying to keep an open mind and listen to more than just what i got on the news about this, so i can make an informed opinion.
    Thanks.

At least if the podcast doesn't change one's opinion about Daniel's guilt or innocence, they can truly say their opinion is based on hearing ALL of the evidence.

Thanks for doing this podcast series. I've listened to all the episodes so far and can't wait for more.

5. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

I just dropped Episode 02: The Daniel Holtzclaw Interrogation. It's a long episode, but very interesting....

On the episode home page you can listen to the podcast, watch the video version of the interrogation and read the official OCPD transcript.

If you appreciate my effort to bring you the true story of Oklahoma vs. Daniel Holtzclaw, please subscribe to this podcast via your favorite podcast streaming app, give the podcast a 5-star review and share this podcast with your friends!

Next week's episode will be my in-depth take on Daniel Holtzclaw's interrogation and the details you may have missed.

https://www.holtzclawtrial.com/ep02-the-interrogation

I just dropped Episode 02: The Daniel Holtzclaw Interrogation. It's a long episode, but very interesting....

On the episode home page you can listen to the podcast, watch the video version of the interrogation and read the official OCPD transcript.

If you appreciate my effort to bring you the true story of Oklahoma vs. Daniel Holtzclaw, please subscribe to this podcast via your favorite podcast streaming app, give the podcast a 5-star review and share this podcast with your friends!

Next week's episode will be my in-depth take on Daniel Holtzclaw's interrogation and the details you may have missed.

https://www.holtzclawtrial.com/ep02-the-interrogation
    lol... thank you for the disclaimer about the length at the beginning of the episode. i normally listen to podcasts while driving to and from work... this one would have been a hard one to listen to while at work. lol. but did during my morning coffee and e-mail catch up... thanks for the minor edits for periods of silence, and for giving the whole interview in it's entirety.

Episode 2 is flat out terrifying. The questions made ME feel violated for how damn personal they are. (I get that LEO should expect to be held to these levels of scrutiny, but what the **** man)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by skwillz View Post
    Episode 2 is flat out terrifying. The questions made ME feel violated for how damn personal they are. (I get that LEO should expect to be held to these levels of scrutiny, but what the **** man)
    I didn't feel violated but sure as hell would have been if I was in Holtzclaw's place. I was surprised he didn't act a lot more upset about it. Maybe they wondered if he was having an infrequent sex life life to help explain accusations against him. No, he wasn't having an infrequent sex life.

9. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

I feel their line of questioning clearly shows the lack of training OCPD detectives go through. Most people have no idea OCPD has no formal training for detectives. They simply shadow another detective. If that detective is incompetent, then the cycle continues (and probably gets worse).

Detectives Davis and Gregory followed no known interrogation technique that I'm aware of. They certainly didn't follow the Reid technique (which is very popular amounts law enforcement - though controversial).

Their bizarre sex questions (which hand they masturbate with, grooming habits, etc.) were all an 'attempt' to relate to Holtzclaw. It's obvious they were WAY off the mark. Holtzclaw is very uncomfortable with that sort of talk. It shows both detectives had a huge bias and were stereotyping Holtzclaw from they moment they ID'd him.

Trust me, it only gets worse.....

10. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    I didn't feel violated but sure as hell would have been if I was in Holtzclaw's place. I was surprised he didn't act a lot more upset about it. Maybe they wondered if he was having an infrequent sex life life to help explain accusations against him. No, he wasn't having an infrequent sex life.

Det. Davis had Holtzclaw pegged as a steroid jock with raging testosterone. Ask surprising as it is, Holtzclaw did not use steroids. He's been tested over the years and he's actually bigger, in prison, that he was on the outside. He constantly wins the prison's weightlifting competitions.

Is there a chance this goes to retrial? Forgive my ignorance on the law but it seems as if the trail wasn't fair and Holtzclaw might be innocent. If there is a shred of doubt he is guilty he should be up for retrial, no?

12. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

My podcast, Bates Investigates: The Daniel Holtzclaw Case, made it to Apple's 'New & Noteworthy' top 20!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Holtzclaw Bates Investigates Apple Noteworthy.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	490.6 KB 
ID:	15375Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 5.13.59 AM.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	15376

i had my girl friend listen to the part where the one detective goes out and calls Holtzclaw's gf and comes back in. her exact statement was, "If some womon who called me out of nowhere and said she was a detective with Sex Crimes, and immediately started to ask me if i had sex with my boyfriend the night before, i would have freaked out and probably said no as well... who does it that way?"

14. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    i had my girl friend listen to the part where the one detective goes out and calls Holtzclaw's gf and comes back in. her exact statement was, "If some womon who called me out of nowhere and said she was a detective with Sex Crimes, and immediately started to ask me if i had sex with my boyfriend the night before, i would have freaked out and probably said no as well... who does it that way?"
    EXACTLY. That's my wife said too. Additionally, there is some discrepancy as to exactly what Det. Davis asked and what exactly the girlfriend's response was. Det. Davis conveniently didn't bother to record the phone call with Holtzclaw's girlfriend. Not to mention, his girlfriend was on prescription sleep medicine and admitted she probably would not have made a mental note of brushing Holtzclaw off in the middle of the night. Regardless, why would the conclusion be that Holtzclaw lied and not his girlfriend? She is a pastor's daughter and the sister of a prosecutor at the Oklahoma County DA's office. Totally understandable her first inclination would be to simply say "no" to such intrusive questions.

...Their bizarre sex questions (which hand they masturbate with, grooming habits, etc.) were all an 'attempt' to relate to Holtzclaw. It's obvious they were WAY off the mark. Holtzclaw is very uncomfortable with that sort of talk. It shows both detectives had a huge bias and were stereotyping Holtzclaw from they moment they ID'd him.
    It was very bizarre. Some of their demeanor was so crude that I had a difficult time believing what I was hearing. You can even hear in his voice that discussing it made him uncomfortable.

Also, you've done very well with these podcasts so far. They're easy to listen to. Looking forward to the next round!

16. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

Nice recap on ep3. Can't wait for 4.

18. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

Dropped Episode 4 Today.

Bates Investigates: The Daniel Holtzclaw Case - Wrapping Up the Jannie Ligons Traffic Stop

Subscribe on Apple Podcasts

*FYI - If you are a subscriber. You might consider deleting the episode that automatically downloaded to your device early this morning. I updated it a few hours later with some additional information. Just delete and re-download if you want the newer version. Thank you (I'm brand new to podcasts and still trying to figure it all out

19. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

The Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals announced this morning that they will be publishing their opinion on Daniel Holtzclaw's appeal this Thursday.

The Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals announced this morning that they will be publishing their opinion on Daniel Holtzclaw's appeal this Thursday.
    Hopefully they make the right decision.
    Don't hassle me, I'm local.

Oklahoma appeals court denies former cop Daniel Holtzclaw’s appeal – KFOR.com
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/kfor.co...d-of-rape/amp/

Unanimous decision.

Will future podcast episodes cover this secret meeting that Holtzclaw's attorney wasn't allowed to attend?

23. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

Will future podcast episodes cover this secret meeting that Holtzclaw's attorney wasn't allowed to attend?
    I was surprised I didn't hear some of his most high profile advocates comment on the fact that they should now be able to request those files be unsealed and the transcripts revealed.

If they don't, I'm going to do my own request. Hard to know what they are going to do since they don't talk to me.

While unfortunate, the OCCA's decision shouldn't have been a shock to anyone.

I was surprised I didn't hear some of his most high profile advocates comment on the fact that they should now be able to request those files be unsealed and the transcripts revealed.

If they don't, I'm going to do my own request. Hard to know what they are going to do since they don't talk to me.

While unfortunate, the OCCA's decision shouldn't have been a shock to anyone.
    I would have been shocked if the decision went the other direction!

Thread Information