Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    No problem. My primary goal is to see that Daniel at least gets a new trial. I also want to educate the public that this case was in no way how it was portrayed by the media and the prosecution.

On a positive note, the investigative video above was just last night announced as a Manhattan Film Festival award recipient for their "Film Heals" award.

From their website. "Every year Manhattan Film Festival honors three filmmakers with a Film Heals Award. This awards is given to filmmakers that use the power of film to promote peace, justice, equality, and humanity. Film has the unique ability to raise awareness and bring change. All submitting filmmakers will be eligible for this award."
    Sadly, this is actually kind of surprising that it won that award specifically, especially with the anti-police sentiment that seems to be so pervasive in culture today.

2. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

May 11, 2018 "Secret Proceedings in Holtzclaw Case Raise Serious Issues" -- by Attorney Oscar Michelen

3. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

Pretty good update from Michelle Malkin regarding Daniel Holtzclaw's case and the award she received at the Manhattan Film Festival.

4. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

I did a two-hour podcast interview with Ed Opperman of The Opperman report, regarding the Daniel Holtzclaw case. You can listen to it at this link... https://www.spreaker.com/user/opperm...ator-holtzcl_1

5. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

9/20/2018 FORBES

Framed By Your Own Cells: How DNA Evidence Imprisons The Innocent (by Marina Medvin)

Really good article on the pitfalls of touch or transfer DNA.

Specifically mentions the Daniel Holtzclaw case, near the end of the article.

In 2014, Oklahoma City police officer Daniel Holtzclaw was charged with various sexual assault crimes stemming from accusations of women he encountered while on patrol. While the case initially appeared brittle, from ever-changing victim accounts to evidence contradicting the stories altogether, a speck of DNA from one of the accusers was found on the officer's uniform pants. Unlike a visible sample of identifiable DNA (think Monica Lewinski's blue dress stain), the DNA found on Holtzclaw's pants was instead invisible, touch-transfer DNA. In fact, his patrol car's door handle produced four times as much DNA as the speck on his pants. The evidence also confirms that Officer Holtzclaw searched the accuser's purse for evidence on behalf of the police department, before he was swabbed for DNA, rummaging through her personal belongings, his hands plausibly coming into contact with a plethora of her DNA. He also used the restroom, touching his pants in the process. Consistent with touch-transfer DNA properties, an unaccounted-for and unknown male's DNA had also been found on Holtzclaw's pants together with the female's DNA. Nevertheless, the prosecutor told the jury that the speck of female DNA evidence was conclusive proof of sexual contact between Holtzclaw and the victim, and then, unsupported by his own evidence, claimed that the particular DNA came from the victim's ******—a scientifically impossible conclusion. The jury found Holtzclaw guilty and sentenced him to 263 years in prison. His appeal is presently pending. Daniel Holtzclaw currently sits behind bars and maintains his innocence.

These are just three examples of a yet unknown total amount of criminal prosecutions based on the government's reliance on touch-transfer DNA evidence at trial. At least one of the affected defendants, Daniel Holtzclaw, is still imprisoned. Many others may be charged in the future.

6. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

Daniel Holtzclaw's sister, Jenny, hosted a Facebook Live event on January 1, where Daniel called in and addressed his supports.

You can watch and listen to Daniel's portion of the Facebook Live event below....

7. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

Kathleen Zellner Tweeted this update the other day.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kathleen Zellner Daniel HOltzclaw Tweet 2019-01-23.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	15135

Reads: "Have taken 9 federal depos in Daniel Holtzclaw's civil case. Beware America cuz u can be convicted on testimony of mentally ill drug addicts, improperly joined (as a gang) who are backed by fabricated lab results by Joyce Gilchrist's protege. Nightmare reality."

8. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

This morning celebrated defense attorney Kathleen Zellner was a guest on the Pat Campbell radio show - where she spoke specifically about her involvement in the Daniel Holtzclaw case and her efforts to win him a new trial.

Starts at the 2-minute mark. https://www.1170kfaq.com/story/39964...n-ok-rape-kits

9. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

In preparation for the release of my podcast about the Daniel Holtzclaw case, I've just create a subreddit on the topic. Hopefully a moderated place to discuss the case (for and against)....

https://www.reddit.com/r/DanielHoltzclaw/

10. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

Rally planned for March 14, 2019 at the State Capitol.

Overall Theme is "Wrongful Convictions, Excessive Sentencing, 85% Rule, Inmate Abuse, Prison Conditions, Prison Reform."

Two speakers are currently scheduled to specifically address the wrongful conviction of former Oklahoma City police officer Daniel Holtzclaw; Erica Fuchs (forensic expert) and Jason Angel (Tulsa Police office).

March 14, 2019 - Oklahoma State Capitol Bldg. - First Floor Foyer - 7 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Name:	52905706_10215380745204879_3190040388773609472_n.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	15165

11. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

Today at the state capitol, two individuals addressed the public, advocating for Daniel Holtzclaw; Erica Fuchs (biologist who first discovered DNA discrepancies in the case) and Jason Angel (Tulsa Police Officer).

A video was posted of their public comments...

Noticed this story on Newson6. Scratching my head as to why none of the media outlets in OKC picked up on it.

http://www.newson6.com/clip/10554160...ased-from-jail

13. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Noticed this story on Newson6. Scratching my head as to why none of the media outlets in OKC picked up on it.

http://www.newson6.com/clip/10554160...ased-from-jail
    I don't know why that story is popping up on their website. It's happened there and on their sister station in OKC. That's an old news story from BEFORE his trial. When it first popped up, I got several calls from media outlets trying to confirm his release from jail - they fell for it too.

They really need to standardize putting the original air/publish date on ever story/video/etc.

14. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

KOKH Fox 25 reported on the rally at the state capitol yesterday and the fact there were speakers there advocating for Daniel Holtzclaw....

Journey to Justice (3/14/2019)

OKLAHOMA CITY (KOKH) — A group gathered at the capitol today, hoping to shed light on wrongful convictions and excessive sentencing in Oklahoma.

Some keynote speakers you might be familiar with are Daniel Holtzclaw’s team and Leigha Glossip.

"We want to talk about those that are doing wrong and making it right." organizer Tanya Hathaway said.

She was talking about wrongful convictions.

Hathway said, "This isn't an anti-government thing. This is for us to work with others that are willing to work with us and not turn their backs on us."

A group gathered on the first floor of the rotunda to talk about the 85 percent rule, inmate abuse, prison conditions and prison reform.

Several spoke at the capitol Thursday and brought unique stories.

One speaker you might be familiar with is Leigha Glossip, the wife of Richard Glossip.

The Glossips got married last September while he is serving his life sentence for the brutal murder of his boss.

"It is so awful what happened to him. And once people hear the story and hear the details that I'll be sharing today, they'll realize how it actually is and hopefully get people talking about it." Glossip shared.

Daniel Holtzclaw’s advocates said flawed forensic science led to his wrongful conviction.

An officer with the Tulsa police department said now is the time to stand up for him.

"Some of the claims that have been made about Daniel Holtzclaw that have absolutely no basis in fact, yet they keep getting told over and over again without anybody having a powerful enough voice to combat the false statements." said Jason Angel with TPD.

Hathaway said she'd like to talk with law makers not to point fingers, but to come to a common ground about wrongful convictions.

"It's time to get real. It's just time to get real. And I hope... no... we're going to do this. We're going to do this because there are too many people that are in pain." siad Hathaway.

15. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

16. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

I'm surprised the Plaintiff settled that low. Shows a low degree of confidence in her case.

18. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    I'm surprised the Plaintiff settled that low. Shows a low degree of confidence in her case.
    I 100% agree and tried to express to Holtzclaw's supporters that this is not a "win" for accuser Campbell. You take her $25,000 settlement and minus $14,000 in medical and her lawyer's 30% and all you've accomplished is breaking even. This was a no brainer for the City Council. Further litigation (regardless of outcome) would have cost the taxpayers more.

I'm shocked her lawyer didn't think they could get much more from a jury. Regardless of one's opinion of Holtzclaw's innocence or guilt, you'd have thought she was in a good position for a much larger verdict; Alleged attacker with 19 previous use-of-force allegations AND 18 convictions for sexual assault related crimes against 8 accusers - result in 263 years in prison. Then throw in the medical bills and the medical staff who would testify they are the one's who convinced Campbell to file her original complaint. Kind of mind boggling actually. The only thing I saw that really hurt her credibility (and it's a biggie) is the fact she revised her use-of-force complaint to a sexual assault complaint AFTER Holtzclaw was featured on the news. The other thing that hurt her case was the reality that the city may have legally not been liable for any sexual assault because that would have been outside the scope of Holtzclaw's job. So, she sort of had to abandon the sexual assault claim.

This is also a fairly big defeat for all the other accusers who have federal civil lawsuits pending. They really needed to establish Campbell as Holtzclaw's first sexual assault victim because that would have established 'notice' given and ignored by OCPD.

19. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

I've been utilizing MuckRock.com to submit some FOI requests regarding the Holtzclaw case in preparation for my podcast launch. I want to be as transparent as possible, so I am requesting items that support both his innocence and his guilt.

I created a 'OCPD Daniel Holtzclaw Investigation' project on MuckRock so all my requests and subsequent responses will be public.

So far OCPD has been very responsive and have released a 911 call directly related to this case that had never previously been made public and was not used at trial, nor a part of the discovery. It's the 911 call placed by accuser Morris' boyfriend. This is before the Ligons traffic stop that started the investigation. You can clearly hear Morris reference her assertion that she had been raped by an Oklahoma City police officer in the background of this 911 call. I find it amazing the DA's office didn't use this call during the trial as it could have swayed the jury (Holtzclaw was acquitted of Morris' allegations).

Below is that 911 call. I recently uploaded it to YouTube.

OCPD also released identifiers regarding Holtzclaw's use-of-force incidents. This clarifies a previous miss-interpretation. Previously the thought was that approx. 19 individuals initiated use-of-force complaints against Holtzclaw and that he was cleared of all 19. In reality, OCPD policy dictates that the officer (Holtzclaw in this case) is to report anytime force is used in an arrest so that it can be internally investigated. There appears to have been approx. 19 such incidents self-reported and one incident that Holtzclaw failed to report, but was cleared of (a letter was placed in his personnel file).

The Oklahoma County Jail on the other hand is so far not responding to the FOI request(s).

I will be submitting more requests in the near future for previously undisclosed information.

20. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

I'm treading into uncharted waters for myself and I'm taking up podcasting.

My first attempt at the true crime genre is the Daniel Holtzclaw Case.

You can listen to the preface to my new Bates Investigates: The Daniel Holtzclaw Case here.

*I've submitted the podcast to Apple for approval on Apple Podcasts. Should be available soon wherever you get your podcasts.

It's not great production, I'm a one-man-show with zero experience. But, I just want to get the facts out there and then others can use those facts for better versions.

Name:	Daniel Holtzclaw Podcast Square Title Working 02.jpg 
Size:	811.4 KB 
ID:	15337

I'm treading into uncharted waters for myself and I'm taking up podcasting.

My first attempt at the true crime genre is the Daniel Holtzclaw Case.

You can listen to the preface to my new Bates Investigates: The Daniel Holtzclaw Case here.

*I've submitted the podcast to Apple for approval on Apple Podcasts. Should be available soon wherever you get your podcasts.

It's not great production, I'm a one-man-show with zero experience. But, I just want to get the facts out there and then others can use those facts for better versions.

Name:	Daniel Holtzclaw Podcast Square Title Working 02.jpg 
Size:	811.4 KB 
ID:	15337
    Not sure what the format is going to be, but if it's anything like Slow Burn or the new one from This Land Press I'll be listening to them all. Multi-episode series on one topic, where we get to deep dive and hear form people that have rarely been heard from is so riveting.

22. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Not sure what the format is going to be, but if it's anything like Slow Burn or the new one from This Land Press I'll be listening to them all. Multi-episode series on one topic, where we get to deep dive and hear form people that have rarely been heard from is so riveting.
    Thanks! I love long form podcast. Slow Burn, Cold, To Live and Die in LA, Sh*t Town, Big Savage, Man in the Window..... so many great one's.

I could only hope to story tell like they do. Unfortunately, I'm a one-man-show with ZERO budget, working full time, on my last semester at UCO so I can apply to law school and still trying to figure out how to podcast properly. I really just hope to get all the information out there and not embarrass myself. What I can promise is that you will hear FACTS supported by the release of the corresponding discovery evidence that you've never heard before. I'm being so transparent that Daniel and his family and closest and most high profile supporters stopped participating in my podcast, or even talking to me, a long time ago. It's a story that needs to be told but it won't be all rah, rah Daniel.

Thanks! I love long form podcast. Slow Burn, Cold, To Live and Die in LA, Sh*t Town, Big Savage, Man in the Window..... so many great one's.

I could only hope to story tell like they do. Unfortunately, I'm a one-man-show with ZERO budget, working full time, on my last semester at UCO so I can apply to law school and still trying to figure out how to podcast properly. I really just hope to get all the information out there and not embarrass myself. What I can promise is that you will hear FACTS supported by the release of the corresponding discovery evidence that you've never heard before. I'm being so transparent that Daniel and his family and closest and most high profile supporters stopped participating in my podcast, or even talking to me, a long time ago. It's a story that needs to be told but it won't be all rah, rah Daniel.
    Wish I could help with some knowledge, but unfortunately I am just a consumer. I truly wish you all the best. At minimum I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread due obviously to you.

24. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

KWTV News 9 did a story last night regarding my new Daniel Holtzclaw podcast and the fact Kathleen Zellner is representing him in federal court.

You can now subscribe to the podcast on Apple, Spotify and many other podcast streaming platforms.

25. Default Re: OKC Cop Gets 263 Years For Sex Crimes

I've posted a new episode of my podcast, Bates Investigates: The Daniel Holtzclaw Case

EP02: The Jannie Ligons Traffic Stop

You can subscribe on most major podcast streaming services (search "Bates Investigates")

It's not great, I truly have no idea what I'm doing. But, nobody else is apparently going to do it. I just want to set the record straight on this case.

Thread Information