Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shoppes at Cheyenne Plaza

Default Re: Shoppes at Cheyenne Plaza

I keep hearing of restaurants, entertainment venues selling 'the experience' and how consumers are looking for various ways to enjoy 'the experience'. If that trend holds true it seem like those in the retail world, along with retail developers, would take in to serious consideration how today's retail shoppers seek out unique things. I'm sick to death of the same o same retails strip malls, ad nauseam.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I suspect POAG has pulled out entirely of the Spring Creek project. It seemed like for a minute they were considering revising plans after the public vote to shut the project down, but those seemed to have stalled. I don't blame them. Now the continuing endless strip center development is marching on. Bryant Place is doing good and some of the existing shopping centers seem to be doing healthy. I can only imagine as Edmond keeps shooting down developments that are innovative and unique the real activity will remain around the core and thriving retail scene won't be in Edmond's near future. If Chisholm Creek, OAK, and various other developments around the metro come to fruition, why would retailers choose Edmond's strip malls over those? Especially when wealth is seemingly growing in OKC proper along with the more trendy developments being located there?

This is a nice strip mall. I suspect it finds tenants soon but alas, another saga in the "edmond way."

Right! The “experience” is a real thing. I know it’s a stretch to compare shopping almost anywhere to LA, but those developments are incredible and I’ve been spoiled by them. Now Chisholm Creek(if built out to it’s full vision), OAK, and downtown development are the most promising retail in raising the bar. There are a few others like UNP(Norman), Town Centre(Mustang/Yukon), Classen Triangle development, etc. that are a possibility to build this type of innovative retail development as well. Currently the only one proposed in Edmond other than downtown development is at Covell and I-35 between Showbiz and Garden Inn. With the new mayor(who was behind the springs creek expansion opposition) I am not confident that will happen but we shall see.

Ellis Island has had signage up for a while, but minimal activity. I'm not thinking they would move from downtown, so maybe they hope a second location here will capture the church crowd.
    There was a sign up for "Joey's Cafe" in the anchor spot, but it appears to be gone now. Maybe someone could convince The Sandwich Club to open an Edmond location here?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    This place seems to have taken awhile to fill up. I think there are only one or two tenants. It is a pretty nice shopping center for the most part.
    I asked the people at downtown Ellis Island location about the delay, because their interior has looked complete for a while. They thought they might open this week and blamed the delay on missing permits on the part of the landowner. No idea on the veracity of this, but they implied they have been ready to open for a while.

Thought I saw a Joeys Cafe sign on the building and then its gone. Am I imagining that or is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Thought I saw a Joeys Cafe sign on the building and then its gone. Am I imagining that or is that true?
    It comes and goes. It was up two days ago.I wonder if it's a similar problem to Ellis Island?

Would this be for the same Joey's Café open at May and 122nd?

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    Would this be for the same Joey's Café open at May and 122nd?
    Yes, second location.

Ellis island is now open. Great interior design layout. Friendly staff.Highly recommend.

Thread Information