Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ma Der Lao Kitchen (formerly Goro)

Default Re: Goro

Many trucks winterize.

Which is understandable. But to me, there is no better time to eat a delicious, hot bowl of ramen than during the winter. Guess it'd it be difficult for the customers though; trying to sit outside somewhere in the cold eating ramen. Brick and mortar would probably make the most sense.

Food trucks have it hard in OKC. They're not really meant to travel like that. 1 hour, 2 hour parking meters downtown? They need more parks to setup symbiotic food courts. When I go to food truck Mecca towns like LA Portland or Austin. The traveling trucks make rotations throughout the week/month like chasing unicorns. But these are the ones that cut the lines at 150 people because that's all the food they can carry and sell out in minutes. I'm still trying to track down peach in Austin 3 years later.

Vent hood going in; from https://twitter.com/GoroRamen :

Does anyone have an update on when we can expect Goro to open? If I recall correctly, they were hoping to open late spring of 2016. I drive by daily and it looks like there is a fair bit of work to complete. I can't wait for this place to open up!!

They were shooting for this month but it may end up being in July.

They are moving along and hopefully the final details will come together pretty quickly.

7. Default Re: Goro

From Twitter:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CkcRKUjUYAYzSsI.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	213.4 KB 
ID:	12671

From their FB page... They are planning a soft opening next week:

Very close now; should be opening in the next week or so.

They had so!e sort of soft opening or tasting from evidence I saw on Facebook

Looks like they're open tonight from 5pm - 2am with a limited menu, Saturday from 5pm-2am and Sunday from 5pm-10pm.

13. Default Re: Goro

I ate there over the weekend, and it was delicious. Definitely a good place to order a bunch of appetizers and share them around the table. I still prefer the ramen at Tamashii, but just based on the style, not the quality. The service we had was great even though the place was packed, no hiccups there at all. I'll definitely be coming back.

Are they officially opened? I called the number on their FB page yesterday and it rang and rang.

15. Default Re: Goro

I think it's a softish opening. They open at 4:00 p.m.

This place is amazing. Go try it.

Has anyone done/seen a side by side review/foodblog of the 2 ramen shops in town, whats what etc., I know there was a Gazette review for Tamashii a couple weeks ago.?

2Lanez Guest

I like Tamashii, but from my first experience at Goro, Goro would win, hands down.

I swung by goro today. The best thing I had was the chicken steam bun. Ramen costs more, but you get less. Not as greasy/salty. Pork belly wasn't crispy, and was a bit tough. If I wanted variety, go for Goro. Else, I'd take Tamashii. Usually only going for ramen.

We liked that right off the bat, Goro had vegetarian options. That wasn't the case at Tamashii (they do have some now, however). Both are good but we'll probably favor Goro from now on. By far the most authentic Japanese cuisine I've had in OKC. Their drinks and beer selection are amazing as well. Seems as though business at Goro has been quite brisk. At our 2nd visit they'd removed a couple of items from the menu as they couldn't keep up with demand!

Blog Entries

Wanted to give a shout out to this place...went last night and it was spectacular. One of the best meals I've had recently. Very cool place, lots of activity in Plaza, great little district.

HangryHippo Guest

Wasn't this supposed to be yellow? That green is terrible.

I think it looks sharp and adds to the eclectic Plaza vibe.

Ate here last week and loved it. Can't wait to go again!

Thread Information