Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
Yeah I doubt that would be the price.

Also, if you read the article it says

And I am not suggesting OG&E goes and raises 30 billion to bury every power line right now. It can be done over time and in phases.

Tornado takes out a bunch of power lines? Work with the city to identify whether the road is going to be widened soon and bury the lines that were destroyed accordingly.

New road? Bury the utility lines.

Reconstructing or widening a road? Bury the utility lines.

Doing anything that requires the utility lines to be relocated? Bury the portion that was relocated.

Pros

Overtime, it'll save costs to OG&E that can be passed onto the consumer(which OG&E doesn't seem to like to do).

Won't have to worry about someone hitting the poles with their cars, a windstorm knocking them down, ice storm, tornado. . . etc.

Huge aesthetic boost for Oklahoma and Oklahoma City.
I agree with all this last part. Definitely needs to be something done going forward, and over time it will take care of itself and really help speed getting power restored when things like this do happen. I think the big problem is when stuff like this happens, people just want power, so they are more than willing to just patch and fix what's there. I can't say I blame them, but at least it's something more people are paying attention too.