Widgets Magazine

Thread: Kqob 96.9

Default Kqob 96.9

what's going on over there? they're only playing xmas music and are running a promo about unveiling okc's next great radio station on dec 28th

Default Re: Kqob 96.9

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    what's going on over there? they're only playing xmas music and are running a promo about unveiling okc's next great radio station on dec 28th
    Jack and Ron are moving to this station and there is going to be a new format.

This has been a part of this larger discussion.

http://www.okctalk.com/ask-anything-...tml#post922363

Cumulus is shaking things up in this market, which I expected after Jan Jeffries was ousted as their CEO.

Joey and Heather going to 98.9 Kiss FM. From what I am hearing, 98.9 is going to play more current music instead of being the hybrid Top 40/80s station that it is today.

Jack and Ron going to 96.9 and there will be a new format. Does anybody know what it will be?

Unknown what will happen with mornings on Wild 104.9, but everything I've seen indicates that the format will stay the same.

9.69 will be Duesenberg station only fit for those who own Duesenbergs to listen to and the Duesenberg only.

96.9 The Duesenberg.

ps, I want to buy a 1937 Duesenberg J Type. Mark my words. I just need several million dollars.

5. Default Re: Kqob 96.9

Sounds like the format changed again. What used to be ALICE 96.9 is now talk. Website still active, but their FB & Twitter is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCbyTRANSFER View Post
    Sounds like the format changed again. What used to be ALICE 96.9 is now talk. Website still active, but their FB & Twitter is gone.
    Flipped to conservative talk radio. 96.9 The Eagle.

https://1640theeagle.com/

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...-comes-to-end/

7. Default Re: Kqob 96.9

That's it, thanks. Definitely was conservative from the parts I heard, no judgement, just commenting.

Seems like there only 2 types of talk radio nowadays-Sports Talk and Conservative Talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Seems like there only 2 types of talk radio nowadays-Sports Talk and Conservative Talk.
    Who listens to it, though I think I find Sports Talk more interesting to listen to than Conservative Talk?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Who listens to it, though I think I find Sports Talk more interesting to listen to than Conservative Talk?
    Millions of people listen to talk radio

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    There is also NPR and podcasts.

But with two all music stations The Brew and Alice flipping to talk formats, there is probably a bigger push since music is becoming so much more accessible through other mediums.

Blog Entries

Alex Jones is on the schedule? Really?

Complete garbage.

Thread Information