Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bryant Square

Edmond Bryant Square

Drove by Tuesday Morning in Bryant Square and saw a going out of business sign in the window. I went in and got talking to the employees. They said that their lease was not renew so they have to close by January. They are actively seeking another location in Edmond for another store but still don't have one. They said the Avon store had the sane thing happen. I'm thinking its about time to start a Bryant Square thread since it seems something is in the works with that place.

Default Re: Bryant Square

Cool. Perfect scenario. . . it is completely redeveloped into parking that is leveled, divided so you can't drive 80MPH across the entire lot, and less parking. I would also like to see the tire shop go and a Whole Foods on the corner. More pad sites and a two or three story shopping complex to generate more tax revenue for the city.

In a super perfect scenario, it'd be cool if they added a level or two of residential units on top, but I doubt they're even going to be what I would like to at least see, so if residential mixed-use happened, I'd be amazed.

Yah, it needs lots of work and not just a cheap face lift. They had some stuff in the back room for sale. I walked back there and the stench of I don't know what it was, was bad. The back was shabby. I'm with you the front part needs to be leveled and redeveloped, maybe the Old Navy side can be saved. Bed bath and beyond could move into another rebuild lease space along with a few more of the stores. Basically its long in the tooth. I'm not sure I'm for mixed residential from the fire fighting standpoint. The Bryant Square apt are located behind it. Would be nice if that complex was built a bit nicer. Also the newer just approved appartments across the street and down a ways could be part of something along those lines (I can dream can't I)

Heck, I would settle for a Trader Joe's.

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    Heck, I would settle for a Trader Joe's.
    I might be happy with that.

6. Default Re: Bryant Square

I have fond memories of Bryant Square. Growing up I often stayed with my Grandmother, who managed and lived at the apartments on the NE corner of 2nd and Bryant - back then it was called East of Eden Apartments.

She'd give me a few dollars and I'd venture across 2nd street to the arcade that used to be where the Hallmark store was. I'd spend a couple of hours there meeting with friends and playing games. Can't remember the other stores that were there. But it was good times for a 11-year-old.

Since I live just a couple of miles from there now, I'd love to see the place undergo a major remodel. I have zero desire for a whole foods, but something more similar to a Sprouts would work since we end up driving by there on our way to Sprouts at least once a week.

7. Default Re: Bryant Square

^^^^^^^
    Loved that arcade.

The center needs some kind of food ancher store. About the only thing I could imagine would be a Trader Joe's. A would like a Costco in Edmond but think some place like 33rd and I-35 would be a better location. A nationally known clothing store that has no other location in OKC would be nice. I would like an LL Bean as a first choice, Lands End comes in second. Pendleton pulled out of Edmond/okc area due to low sales. I don't think we are really ready for a lot of high end but at least with LL Bean you get quality.

Also Trader Joe's would be a good supplement to shopping at Sprouts and Natural Grocers. We don't need any more Walmart anything. We need variety. Also I think Homeland's days are numbered. I don't think they can compete with as few of stores against the like of the newer stores coming in.

There are a lot of details here - http://www.okctalk.com/edmond/40879-2nd-bryant.html

They are doing some rebuilding and shuffling around a bit.

Looks like there's an Ulta and Zoe's Kitchen on the way:

http://x.lnimg.com/attachments/9F0E0...E7E6C15D24.pdf

This weekend a customer in Tuesday Morning asked an employee why the store is closing. The employee said the company is looking for a new Edmond location as Costco is coming in. Any truth?

Quote Originally Posted by jdcf View Post
    This weekend a customer in Tuesday Morning asked an employee why the store is closing. The employee said the company is looking for a new Edmond location as Costco is coming in. Any truth?
    That rumor has been going around for quite a while. It was originally shot down on this site, but I have been hearing it more and more. Would be great if it turned out to be true. I think if Costco comes to OKC, the only location that would be better than that is the original Chisholm Creek location they had nailed down before losing it to St. Anthony's.

Absolutely, positively no way Costco is coming to Bryant Square.

They only do free-standing stores for starters and it would never, ever fit there.

Plus, I know the broker who represents them.

Trust me, this isn't even in the realm of possibility and to keep suggesting it makes this entire site look silly.

How do you know for a fact Costco is not coming here?

Re-read the post above yours.

I have no clue how I missed that. Thank you.

I would venture a guess that if Costco where to come in, they would be building from the ground up and at a location that is high traffic. (not to say this location is not high traffic for Edmond) . I would be guessing more of a Memorial rd location or an interstate location. I could see a big box store going Maybe a grocery store, but no idea.

This intersection would be perfect though. IF Costco did go in I'd assume they'd virtually tear down the entire corner which is what I'd wish they would do anyways. I'm very curious what they have in store anyways.

This is the current lease plan from the brokers marketing the property:

duplicate post. sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

This must be pretty old. They treated Bob March of House of Vacuums like crap in informing him they were not renewing his lease. He'd only been there 35 years. Anyway, he had to move and is already at the new location, but it's still shown on the map above.

Daylight Donuts and Jazzercise are still showing as well but they were told they aren't being renewed either. Oh, and Tuesday Morning is still on their map - so this is really outdated.

^

Right, but the point was to show how the center will be expanded, particularly in answer to anyone thinking Costco was a remote possibility.

I wonder where so many people got the idea Costco was moving in and furthermore, why business owners in the center seem to be convinced of it. This rumor didn't start on OKCTalk. You are right though, Costco wouldn't be remotely possible at that location without significant re-configuring of the shopping center.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

That is an outdated plan. Two of those new expansions were built several years ago and are already not looking good.

Thread Information