Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuzzy's Taco Shop

Default fuzzy's tacos

does anyone know when this is opening?

Default Re: fuzzy's tacos

nada clue. Where is it going in?
    Glad to hear about it. Lawd knows two things in short supply here are taco places and OU hats

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    nada clue. Where is it going in?
    Glad to hear about it. Lawd knows two things in short supply here are taco places and OU hats
    Fuzzy's was a brief fad here in DFW. Decent enough food, but the hot sauce is out of a bottle! Not much more than a Tabasco-style condiment.

Where is it going in?
    Taking over the old Pepe Delgado's spot on the west side of Asp, immediately across from Seven47. Looks to have set up a sizeable back patio (maybe cutting into some of Brother's space by the looks of it).

i liked fuzzy's when i've eaten there in denton and lewisville. i've only had the migas plate, but it was pretty tasty.

I really like Fuzzys and every time I go to Denton, that place is PACKED!

I have ate at the one in Lewisville. I hate to sound like a downer, however the chips were not fresh and "way to salty" salsa was nothing to brag about. The guacamole was flavorless and I could tell it was not made with fresh avocados but with boxed avocado you find in your store refrigerator shelve. I had the fish tacos and they were very bland and did not have much flavor to them. I felt like I was eating frozen Van de Kamps, "not good quality" I also had a shrimp taco and the shrimp was not fresh at all. Even though Chipolte is a chain, I much prefer them and they have better quality and their ingredients are "fresh"

8. Default Re: fuzzy's tacos

I was at the new Fuzzy's Taco Shop in Bricktown yesterday (former Falconi's Pizza location) The place looks really fun. The manager told me that they will be opening in 2 weeks. I will definately give it a try.

9. Default Re: fuzzy's tacos

Ate at the Bricktown location yesterday afternoon with a group of 12. It was about 1pm and the place was really busy. Really like the grilled fish tacos, grilled shrimp tacos and pork tacos. My only real gripe is their salsa - it literally had the consistency and taste that more closely resembled marinara! GROSS.

Quote Originally Posted by sidburgess View Post
    I've been wanting to stop in there and try their fish tacos. I love a good fish taco.
    I'm assuming you've tried the Deep Deuce Grill fish tacos? Theirs might be my favorite ones in town. Least favorite are those at 1492. I'll be interested in hearing about Fuzzy's fish tacos as I too love a good fish taco.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Ate at the Bricktown location yesterday afternoon with a group of 12. It was about 1pm and the place was really busy. Really like the grilled fish tacos, grilled shrimp tacos and pork tacos. My only real gripe is their salsa - it literally had the consistency and taste that more closely resembled marinara! GROSS.

I can't say anything about their salsa (haven't had it), but their queso is fantastic. Anything involving their queso is my favorite thing.

Blog Entries

Fuzzy's Bricktown is closed today for a renovation. Surprised nothing has been posted about what that entails...

Blog Entries

^It was closed the other night in Norman too but then Saturday it was rocking during the KSU game so just a quick clean up or something.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Fuzzy's Bricktown is closed today for a renovation. Surprised nothing has been posted about what that entails...
    The sign on the window just said "maintenance," not "renovation."

"We are CLOSED for the next couple of days for minor re-design and maintenance projects. Follow us here for updates!" - from their Facebook page

Blog Entries

I interpreted "re-design" as renovation

The only change I noticed by Saturday night was their menu is now a huge electronic screen, which was kind of cool.

Bricktown3 Fuzzy's Taco Shop

Went yesterday for the first time before the movies at Harkins. It was later Sunday evening and as usual, there was a long line, almost out the door and stayed that way the entire time I was there.

I ordered the taco plate with crispy, spicy pork tacos and their black beans and Mexican rice. Also a Modelo beer.

It was all okay. The only thing that saved it for me was the spicy habanero salsa that I had to ask for... Otherwise all the food had little flavor. And wish they did the lime pulp on the beer goblet like they do at so many of the Okie-Mex places in town.

Place was busy but the reason there is a long line is their ordering process is super slow. I don't understand why order-at-the-counter places don't use a mobile Point of Sale device to go up and down the line and take orders while people are standing there. As it is, people stand in line forever then get to the counter and take a long time to communicate what they want. Had the exact same experience at Pei Wei and it's super inefficient.

They must be doing something right because the place is always packed.

However, I'd much rather go to Casa Perico or Abel's and get much better food for about the same price.

19. Default Re: Fuzzy's Taco Shop

FYI - take advantage of their app if you go very often. It has a feature that allows you to snap a pic of your receipt and they give you points towards free food. We are averaging a free taco every two visits. Might not mean much to some, but we are often super frugal.

Really wish the Edmond location would allow call in orders.

Default Re: Fuzzy's Taco Shop

FYI - take advantage of their app if you go very often. It has a feature that allows you to snap a pic of your receipt and they give you points towards free food. We are averaging a free taco every two visits. Might not mean much to some, but we are often super frugal.

Really wish the Edmond location would allow call in orders.
    I thought they are doing call in/to go orders now that they have been open for a bit. Might be wrong though. The line does take a while to get through, but you do get food delivered pretty quick after ordering. However, I would prefer shorter line and do my waiting at the table.

21. Default Re: Fuzzy's Taco Shop

I think the ordering process is intentionally paced that way because it pretty closely coincides with table turns. You'll notice that most of the time the tables are full, but rarely if ever is anyone waiting for a table. I think psychologically most people would rather wait in line to order than have placed their order and suddenly be panicking about getting a table AFTER ordering. That would potentially cause the whole system to break down, as people would start saving tables, essentially cutting in front of people on line. That could lead to anarchy. I think most people who have been there before understand that by the time they order there will be a table open for them, and they will have their food very quickly thereafter. I'm saying there is probably a scientific method to the madness.

Regarding flavor, I think the thing it most has working for it is that everything usually tastes really fresh. Most Tex-Mex places around here keep quite a bit of their food pre-made, under heat lamps, and it tastes that way. But I agree that as far as seasonings go it is on the bland side. Places around here unfortunately tend to dial down the spicy to appeal to lowest-common-denominator palates. I recommend putting the habanero sauce on everything.

I also recommend a couple of hacks:

1. Get the grilled shrimp enchiladas, order sides of Latin fried potatoes and cilantro-lime rice. Ask for an extra cup of the verde sauce they put on the enchiladas. Smother your potatoes and rice. You're welcome.
    2. Order a taco plate (my choices are grilled shrimp and shredded pork), and for sides get Latin fried potatoes and mix-Mex rice. Ask for a side of queso. Smother potatoes and rice in queso. Mmmmmm, delicious.

I agree it is kind of bland, but their target demographic seems to be quick lunch crowds and fast family dinner. It is certainly not a culinary adventure. Seems like they want their food to taste good to the differing palates of the family, or be an easy target for business lunch crowds because the food is friendly to most people and would be easy for everyone to agree to.

In other words, they want to be neutral and not lean too far to any one flavor preference.

23. Default Re: Fuzzy's Taco Shop

^^^^^^
    Totally agree. Again, I think the thing that makes it really appealing to me is the relative freshness. I can always manage to punch up the flavor a bit.

24. Default Re: Fuzzy's Taco Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I think the ordering process is intentionally paced that way because it pretty closely coincides with table turns...

I would agree with this. We only ran into an issue once so far. The other night when we arrived for dinner at the end of a Thunder game (v. Orlando - game went into double overtime). This was the first time I noticed patrons 'parking' at their table long after they had eaten, so they could watch the game and drink. Anyone know if this is common during sporting events? If so, we may avoid eating there during those times.

I would agree with this. We only ran into an issue once so far. The other night when we arrived for dinner at the end of a Thunder game (v. Orlando - game went into double overtime). This was the first time I noticed patrons 'parking' at their table long after they had eaten, so they could watch the game and drink. Anyone know if this is common during sporting events? If so, we may avoid eating there during those times.
    I was there last night during the Thunder game and very few people there were even paying attention to it, so I doubt this is much of an on-going issue.

Thread Information