Widgets Magazine

Thread: Car wash near the CENTER of town.

Default Car wash near the CENTER of town.

Not Edmond or south side, not even red carpet 1 & 2 on the north side. But central OKC car washes. I need to wash my babies today.

#1 I have a baby of a car and no one can wash it but me. Where's the coin operated DIY wash? The newer the better.Not Edmond or south side, not even red carpet 1 & 2 on the north side. But central OKC car washes. I need to wash my babies today.

#2 where the detail shop? I have a truck too tall to pass through a machine and needs to be hand washed. My guy at bricktown auto bath was downsized by the development on 4th & walnut and can't do the big trucks anymore.

2. Default Re: Car wash near the CENTER of town.

The closest I can think of is NW 23rd and Villa. There used to be a couple more on 23rd closer to Broadway, but they're gone. There is a drive-thru no-touch at th gas station in Bricktown across from Bass Pro, but I prefer the one on Classen about 30th, which is a bit of a hybrid. Not quite as full-service as Red Carpet, but more so than a gas station, plus multiple vacuums before you pull in.

Regarding details, the only one I am aware of is the guy in Deep Deuce, though I think there have to be more. There is a mobile detail that routinely hits the lot of the law firm(?) behind Coffee Slingers. You could probably book with them and have it done wherever is convenient.

Default Re: Car wash near the CENTER of town.

Yes, last week I went looking for a coin-op car wash near downtown and the closest one I found was the one at NW 23rd & Villa.

Blog Entries

There was a guy doing hand wash detail work behind the OKC Public Schools Administration Bldg., @ 9th & Western Avenue. Don't know if he's still in business.

I use the car washes at N.W 16th & May Avenue behind Jimmy's Egg & the one @ 17th & Meridian Avenue (north of 7 Eleven); they are pretty decent.

If you ever catch yourself near cattleman for lunch, on the southside of their event center is a guy named DJ Skillz doing hand washes for $20, inside and out while you're having lunch. He does an amazing job.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    The closest I can think of is NW 23rd and Villa. There used to be a couple more on 23rd closer to Broadway, but they're gone. There is a drive-thru no-touch at th gas station in Bricktown across from Bass Pro, but I prefer the one on Classen about 30th, which is a bit of a hybrid. Not quite as full-service as Red Carpet, but more so than a gas station, plus multiple vacuums before you pull in.

Regarding details, the only one I am aware of is the guy in Deep Deuce, though I think there have to be more. There is a mobile detail that routinely hits the lot of the law firm(?) behind Coffee Slingers. You could probably book with them and have it done wherever is convenient.
    Pats downtown Tire just started doing washes and details. Haven't tried them but got a flyer sent to my office

Is Bricktown Auto Bath still around? I know their former site is still under construction but I would think they are still in business.

IMO, I was not impressed with the car washes in OKC in general. Sorry Red Carpet fans, but I've had better. When I lived in Midtown, the coin wash at 23rd and Villa was *okay* but my car tended to draw attention from the little 19 year old street racers that like to congregate there. And a lot of the coin washes around there are, for a lack of a better word, gross.

I would recommend the coin wash at 23rd and Independence and if I was feeling adventurous, Industry Car Wash off 50th and N Warren (this is also a dog wash FYI). I'd also hit up the multitude of mobile washes around town.

8. Default Re: Car wash near the CENTER of town.

Yeah, I wasn't really testifying to the quality of those places; merely proximity. That said, the drive-thru no-touch hybrid on Classen is not terrible. I call it a hybrid because you get a pre-wash brush scrub from an attendant on your windows and wheels, and often someone hits you with a chamois when you pull out. I agree that car wash options generally stink in OKC and especially in the core. There is a great opportunity for someone to put a new place in, I think, considering the influx of thousands of residents to specifically downtown and the daily presence of many tens of thousands of workers.

The Bricktown Auto Bath was mentioned previously; but the OP's truck is too big for his temp location. And for those who don't know, Bricktown Auto Bath USED to be located in Bricktown, but for years has been in Deep Deuce, just to head off any confusion.

There is Capital Car wash on NW 31st and May and right behind it is a detail shop I believe as well. have never used them but pass by there all the time.

I go to Classen Green and Clean at 28th and Classen. Great car wash at a very reasonable price. Free vacuuming. I take micro-fiber towels along to detail my baby. It has brushes and is a tunnel.

There is also a brand new car wash a couple blocks east of I-44 and 23rd street. It is also a tunnel and just replaced a coin wash.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Pioneer View Post
    There is also a brand new car wash a couple blocks east of I-44 and 23rd street. It is also a tunnel and just replaced a coin wash.
    That's Victory Car Wash, and where I go, and a good wash for the (relatively cheap) price. The coin-op washes in OKC are the worst.

Thanks for all the posts. I've driven by the coin op on villa maybe a hundred times and never noticed it! Yes Larry with brick town is awesome, but he can't do my work truck right now. Plus I'm no longer officing downtown so it puts me outside his drop-off/pick-up area. He used to like taking the big cars early so he could get them off his lot by lunch.

So 7'4" puts me out of every auto-wash in town. You'd think with all the pickups in town someone would build an oversized one. I'd gladly pay extra. I might try this Hispanic detail shop I spied on my recent trip to Hugo's on 23rd near I-44. But getting a ride back to work is troublesome. I'm very interest about Pat's Goodyear doing washes. That's my go-to tire shop.

I'll vouch for the super green on classen as well. I take my wife's sedan through it regularly. But it definitely touches, there's "massagers", and if you're a freak about swirls there's undoubtably dirt in those puppies.

23rd and villa is perfect for my babied car. I take a bucket with special soap and mit, then use the wash and rinse from the coin op, it's more neurotic car freak than cheap skate, I always keep a $5 handy to subdue the owner/manager if I'm caught. Speaking of my baby. It turned 10 and the headliner instantly fell down. Anyone know of a GOOD repair, not cheap, not fast, but goooood. Cheap and fast are just bonuses.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	11778

Thread Information