Widgets Magazine

Thread: Newcastle - Where to eat?

Default Newcastle - Where to eat?

I am aware there are several chain locations in the community.

Beyond those, what are the better local eateries in this town?

Default Re: Newcastle - Where to eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    I am aware there are several chain locations in the community.

Beyond those, what are the better local eateries in this town?
    LaLunas not to bad if you're in the mood for Mexican

Ribs and more isn't bad either, other than that not much else.

3. Default Re: Newcastle - Where to eat?

There are a couple of decent mom & pop places in Newcastle proper... Not much in what I still refer to as the Tri-City area that Tundra mentioned... The little General Store there at Tri-City is interesting and the food is decent. They also carry a lot of Amish products.

There was a burger place in Newcastle that was located in the old Pizza Hut and was making some really awesome burgers but it has been a couple of years since I was there. So not sure if it is still in business.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    There are a couple of decent mom & pop places in Newcastle proper... Not much in what I still refer to as the Tri-City area that Tundra mentioned... The little General Store there at Tri-City is interesting and the food is decent. They also carry a lot of Amish products.

There was a burger place in Newcastle that was located in the old Pizza Hut and was making some really awesome burgers but it has been a couple of years since I was there. So not sure if it is still in business.
    If a guy wanted to drive a little further southwest to Blanchard , there's a place called Dakotas that is serving up some great eats... Probably the best around those parts of the TriCity area.

WELCOME TO OKLAHOMA RESTAURANTS OKLAHOMA HOTELS & MUSEUMS
    Last edited by Tundra; 11-08-2015 at 10:14 AM. Reason: added website

A. Dakota's in Blanchard looks rather interesting. thanks for that.

B. Big thanks on that site you linked. I think it and I will become good friends. I am beginning to end up
    in places that are new to me or it's been so long they may as well be. This is going to be a useful site.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    A. Dakota's in Blanchard looks rather interesting. thanks for that.

B. Big thanks on that site you linked. I think it and I will become good friends. I am beginning to end up
    in places that are new to me or it's been so long they may as well be. This is going to be a useful site.
    Call ahead and make sure some of these restaurants on the site are still in Business, Ive noticed on some that they are not.... And Dakotas is really good home cooking...

7. Default Re: Newcastle - Where to eat?

Yeah... I started to mention Dakota's too but since you specifically said Newcastle... I left Blanchard out of the equation.

Yeah, I could have been a tad clearer on the request. I was looking for places to enjoy decent food without going on up into the city.

I've got some things going on there, and sometimes, coming back to Norman for a bite just won't be worth the RT time, despite it being a hop, skip, & jump away.

Thread Information