Widgets Magazine

Thread: OPUBCO / Oklahoman Business Practices

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: OPUBCO / Oklahoman Business Practices

This is the length that Steve Lackmeyer often goes to in order to avoid providing one shred of credit to this site, and how he directly lifts info from OKCTalk without attribution.

This question was asked based on our exclusive story on this new bar just yesterday. Nothing on this had previously been reported. If Lackmeyer knew all this before yesterday where was his story?

Rather than saying "OKCTalk reported" he goes way out of his way to avoid any reference to us whatsoever.

Several people have told me he will edit out the name "OKCTalk" if contained in a question posed during these chats.

At the same time, when he or any other journalist writes a story of interest, the link gets posted here with full credit at every turn.

The issues between Oklahoman / Lackmeyer and OKCTalk are not merely a 'feud' or a 'misunderstanding' as they would like to characterize things. It is the stealing of our content and the deliberate, outrageously unethical behavior exclusively on their part. This, coupled with scores and scores of comments in social media with the direct intent to discredit this site.

It's nothing but taking advantage of their inherited bully pulpit and my own strong sense of ethics which prohibits me from retaliating in kind.

Default Re: OPUBCO / Oklahoman Business Practices

So what else is new, Pete? There's a C&W song about "An Old Family Tradition" that's quite applicable here. In 1958 my city editor, the late Chan Guffey, told me in so many words 'It's not news until we print it." More than 100 years ago a failed chamber of commerce administrator moved here from Colorado Springs, bought into a struggling new newspaper, and built it into an empire. The second generation of his heirs sold off most of it to an out-of-state promoter who proceeded to downsize things. But the Old Family Tradition remains, even though the print editions are now less than 1/8 as many pages as they were some 50 years ago. The more things change, the more they remain the same. Fortunately, technology has given us other information sources, that may or may not prove to be more reliable in the long run. It all depends on individuals like yourself; keep up the good work!

3. Default Re: OPUBCO / Oklahoman Business Practices

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This is the length that Steve Lackmeyer often goes to in order to avoid providing one shred of credit to this site, and how he directly lifts info from OKCTalk without attribution.

This question was asked based on our exclusive story on this new bar just yesterday. Nothing on this had previously been reported. If Lackmeyer knew all this before yesterday where was his story?

Rather than saying "OKCTalk reported" he goes way out of his way to avoid any reference to us whatsoever.

Several people have told me he will edit out the name "OKCTalk" if contained in a question posed during these chats.

At the same time, when he or any other journalist writes a story of interest, the link gets posted here with full credit at every turn.

The issues between Oklahoman / Lackmeyer and OKCTalk are not merely a 'feud' or a 'misunderstanding' as they would like to characterize things. It is the stealing of our content and the deliberate, outrageously unethical behavior exclusively on their part. This, coupled with scores and scores of comments in social media with the direct intent to discredit this site.

It's nothing but taking advantage of their inherited bully pulpit and my own strong sense of ethics which prohibits me from retaliating in kind.
    #Sad

Thread Information