Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beer

Default Beer

After seeing the turn that the Rock & Brew thread took I decided to start a dedicated thread to wonderful stuff that is beer.
    What's your favorite, what won't you drink on a dare, what's new, and where did you get it?

Default Re: Beer

Thursday 11/05 is International Stout Day. Tapwerks has quite a line up planned.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tapwerks list.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	138.6 KB 
ID:	11749

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Thursday 11/05 is International Stout Day. Tapwerks has quite a line up planned.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tapwerks list.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	138.6 KB 
ID:	11749
    That Goose Island BCBS is really really good.

My go-to beers are usually Coop F5, Horny Toad, Native Amber, or Anthem Golden One.

Here in Oklahoma I stay away from 3.2 domestics.

great brewfest tomorrow night at the ballpark. all local breweries.
    OKBio BrewFest

here's the beer lineup:
    http://okbio.org/2015-okbio-brewfest-vendor-card/

One of my pet peeves is the locally popular misleading terminology equating "domestic" with 3.2. . "Hey bartender, Sam Adams is a domestic beer, so give me that domestic price that you are offering".

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    One of my pet peeves is the locally popular misleading terminology equating "domestic" with 3.2. . "Hey bartender, Sam Adams is a domestic beer, so give me that domestic price that you are offering".
    Sam Adams is technically domestic, but most people everywhere equate the term "domestic" with the offerings of the big brewers like Bud, Miller, and Coors. It isn't really a unique thing to Oklahoma.

8. Default Re: Beer

My tastes aren't too exotic, in terms of brands I've sampled. As for styles, I like a light lager for hanging by the pool, porters and malty stouts for savoring, wheat beers, oktoberfests, belgian whites and trappists. Not much of an IPA fan though, but I'm trying to get into it.

A few of those that I'm partial to:
    Hoegaarden
    Fat Tire
    Chimay blue label
    Samual Smith Oatmeal Stout
    Newcastle Brown Ale
    Rogue Dead Guy Ale
    COOP DNR & Oktoberfest
    Shiner Bock and Shiner Light Blonde
    Anchor Porter

Cheap lake/pool beers - Bud Light, Dos Equis, Tecate, Modelo Especial, etc.

Are any of you beer fans members on BeerAdvocate or use the Untappd app?

Love Coops DNR and severalof there other ones. Don't know if any of you know but they have a tap house on SW 44th just West of Council they do free beer tastings and tours of the brewery almost every Saturday. Roughtail is another local one that is pretty good.

Our locals turn out great stuff. We are really lucky! Also it is pretty easy to find good local stuff on tap around, especially in Deep Deuce and Midtown. Looking forward to the OKBio Brewfest tomorrow (posted above).

Some of my favs:
    Mustang Wa****a Wheat
    COOP DNR
    Anthem Arjuna
    Guinness
    Hoegaarden
    Blanche de Bruxelles
    Anthem Wild Brew Tripel
    Roughtail Hoptometrist
    Elk Valley Sweet Revenge
    Franziskaner Hefe
    Black Mesa ESB

I use Untappd. It is so much better now that you don't have to spell everything exactly right (hard to type after a couple pops, ya know...)

The COOP Oktoberfest was great, and I just had a chance to try the Mustang Udderly Awesome Peanut Butter Stout, which I really enjoyed.

Currently hooked on Coop Oktoberfest but since I'm trying to keep the calories down I've been drinking Point Drop Dead Blonde Ale. Not bad for 110 calories.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    Currently hooked on Coop Oktoberfest but since I'm trying to keep the calories down I've been drinking Point Drop Dead Blonde Ale. Not bad for 110 calories.
    I really liked Coop Oktoberfest until I discovered Anthem Ogletoberfest. It's probably the best Oktoberfest I've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I really liked Coop Oktoberfest until I discovered Anthem Ogletoberfest. It's probably the best Oktoberfest I've ever had.
    I tried Ogletoberfest but I didn't like it as well as the Coop. Coop nailed it as far as I'm concerned.

I mentioned in the Rock and Brews thread that I really enjoyed Anthem's Juan Pedro. I like every Anthem I have tried. Black Mesa's ESB is excellent as well.
    C. T.

As on overall, drinkable beer, Native Amber is by far my favorite. Coop in general is great. As a specialty beer, Prairie is the best in Oklahoma. I'm not one, but my friends that trade beer through sites like beer advocate, Prairie is one of the most desirable around the country from this region (which makes sense because of the low production). If you like sours, the funky gold amarillo is great and has been on tap occasionally at oak and ore.

Coop F5 and Green Flash IPA are my favs.
    I do drink Kona Longboards at home.

COOP Native Amber is near the top of my list for the locals.

Still busy sampling a bunch of others but really like most of what I've tried from COOP and Anthem.

18. Default Re: Beer

COOP Native Amber
    Roughtail 12th Round
    Dead Armadillo Amber
    Prairie Standard farmhouse ale
    COOP F5
    COOP GranSport Porter
    Anthem Arjunta
    Anthem Golden One

Those are my go-to beers, and usually I can find one or more available anyplace I'm likely to go. I rarely drink non-Oklahoma beers these days, because anyplace where I might care to drink that might have other good beers will also offer one of these. All are excellent.

I've been on a bit of a German kick of late. Drank my far share of the Warsteiner Oktoberfest when it was readily available but mainly a lot of Erdinger. Really, Really like their Dunkel.

A current local fave is the Mustang peanut butter stout. If you can get it on tap someplace its really good.

Here is a (hopefully accurate) schedule for some of the local brewers tap rooms.

Mustang: Friday 4-7
    COOP: Saturday 1-5
    Anthem: Mon-Fri 1-5, every other Sat 1-5
    Roughtail: Fri 4-10 Sat 12-8 & Sun 12-8 not 100% on these guys...their hours seem a bit erratic

Mustang also has Elk Valley coming out of their location as well.
    Havent been there myself but I've heard really good things about the Marshall tap room in Tulsa.

Blog Entries

I love the title of this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Here is a (hopefully accurate) schedule for some of the local brewers tap rooms.

Mustang: Friday 4-7
    COOP: Saturday 1-5
    Anthem: Mon-Fri 1-5, every other Sat 1-5
    Roughtail: Fri 4-10 Sat 12-8 & Sun 12-8 not 100% on these guys...their hours seem a bit erratic

Mustang also has Elk Valley coming out of their location as well.
    Havent been there myself but I've heard really good things about the Marshall tap room in Tulsa.
    Do you know the prices on any of these do they do tastings? I know Coop does free tastings and tours at theirs.

23. Default Re: Beer

I got married and had kids...My beer consumption has dropped to near-nil, as a result, I tend to not branch out much any more.

Mowing - Bud Light Lime
    Working in shop - Smithwicks, or whatever is free because I'm working on somebody else's stuff for beer lol
    Hanging out with the wife, or having a nice meal - Chimay Grande Reserve (blue label). It's all I'll drink in the house, and I keep a few liter bottles around.

In the past, John Courage Irish Amber was a favorite, as was (like MadMonk mentioned above) Anchor Porter.

IPA's taste like prison beer that has been strained through a sock, and anybody that likes them is WRONG WRONG WROOOOOONG.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie1 View Post
    I love the title of this thread...
    But it is somewhat vague lol

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    I got married and had kids...My beer consumption has dropped to near-nil, as a result, I tend to not branch out much any more.

Mowing - Bud Light Lime
    Working in shop - Smithwicks, or whatever is free because I'm working on somebody else's stuff for beer lol
    Hanging out with the wife, or having a nice meal - Chimay Grande Reserve (blue label). It's all I'll drink in the house, and I keep a few liter bottles around.

In the past, John Courage Irish Amber was a favorite, as was (like MadMonk mentioned above) Anchor Porter.

IPA's taste like prison beer that has been strained through a sock, and anybody that likes them is WRONG WRONG WROOOOOONG.
    Agree with ya on IPA's. The only one I like is the Abita Grapefruit IPA because the grapefruit removes most of the IPA Taste lol

Thread Information