Widgets Magazine

Thread: Driving Forward OK - Oklahoma Turnpike Improvements and New Construction

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Re: Driving Forward OK - Oklahoma Turnpike Improvements and New Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    That is complete BS. Not your statement, but the fact that they are trying to say that. I-35 has room to be 40 lanes if they wanted it to. ODOT just uses cheap lines to make it look like they are doing all they can do.

They try and use these lines also when saying we can't build flyovers because there isn't any room when other cities somehow are able to do it.

Like I said, a good temporary solution would be to remove the left hand shoulder on I-35 from downtown OKC to Norman and paint in an HOV and add a foot or so of cement on the right hand shoulder being that the right lane will likely have to be moved over an inch or so. You basically just repaint the lanes to have 3 regular lanes and one HOV lane in each direction at the expense of the left shoulder.
    Or they could build up. Stack the highway to 6 lanes each stack. Make one HOV, one a rail shuttle from OKC to Moore to Norman, and the others for regular traffic.

Default Re: Driving Forward OK - Oklahoma Turnpike Improvements and New Construction

Quote Originally Posted by tfvc.org View Post
    Or they could build up. Stack the highway to 6 lanes each stack. Make one HOV, one a rail shuttle from OKC to Moore to Norman, and the others for regular traffic.
    Seriously???? GO look at the cost of the LBJ rebuild, then come back to this forum and see how that cost could be justified on I35.

3. Default Re: Driving Forward OK - Oklahoma Turnpike Improvements and New Construction

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    Seriously???? GO look at the cost of the LBJ rebuild, then come back to this forum and see how that cost could be justified on I35.
    It is just as costly as a 40 lane rebuild.

Thread Information