Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breakfast Sandwiches - who serves the best?

Default Breakfast Sandwiches - who serves the best?

I love breakfast sandwiches any time of the day. At times I crave the salty, smoky, cheesy goodness of a Waffle House Bacon, Egg and Cheese Melt on Texas Toast. But..., there must be some other great examples served around the metro. Let's hear about 'em!

Default Re: Breakfast Sandwiches - who serves the best?

kamp's 1910 does a pretty good job with their breakfast sandwiches... while not strictly a sandwich, my 'go to' is their breakfast burrito. -M

Don't eat too many breakfast sandwiches but around 2:30AM a Whataburger Breakfast On A Bun is an awesome choice.

Blog Entries

picasso cafe has a GREAT one on their brunch menu. Have had that on Sunday and its fantastic.

Bagel Cafe breakfast sandwich is always good for a something quick before work.. so are Big Truck's breakfast burritos.

Rudys bbq , brisket, egg,bacon, cheese, bbq sauce on a tortilla is pretty awesome.

Old School Bagel has excellent bagel sandwiches. If you're okay sitting and eating at a restaurant and not on-the-go (not sure if your intention of question is eating on-the-go or what) but Kitchen 324 has the best open faced sandwich that just might blow your mind. It's called the Open Faced Toast. Well okay, I may be stretching it calling that a sandwich.

I prefer to make my own. I use the Ciabatta Rolls from Walmart and add whatever meat to egg and cheese.

This one is ham, sausage, bacon, egg and cheese ...

Dang! Very nice!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	122 
Size:	847.2 KB 
ID:	11716

The pump does this brunch menu cheese burger on a bagel with bacon hash browns and a poached egg on top with a mustard hollandaise. I'm told the hash browns are actually smashed and griddled tater tots...Jesus. They also recently switched to the old school bagels from the rise, which I thought was pretty cool of them to spread the love and get bagels made fresh across the alley a few hours ago to boot. If you can finish it you're left with this mix of emotions ranging from euphoria, to catharsis, to guilt. That photo is from their Facebook.

Why is everything on a bagel? How about a good croissant?

Just buy one of these and make your own, best Christmas gift we were ever given

https://www.hamiltonbeach.com/breakf...ker-25490.html

Whoa! That's cool!

incredibly easy, we buy the Thomas English muffins and use those.

There are no other English Muffins as good.

Here's something I do at home. Lebanon Bologna, Vermont Farmers Cheddar and two eggs with mayo. The Bologna give it an awesome smoky campfire taste.

Views:	125 
Size:	733.1 KB 
ID:	11723

17. Default Re: Breakfast Sandwiches - who serves the best?

Quote Originally Posted by Paseofreak View Post
    Here's something I do at home. Lebanon Bologna, Vermont Farmers Cheddar and two eggs with mayo. The Bologna give it an awesome smoky campfire taste.

Views:	125 
Size:	733.1 KB 
ID:	11723
    My father in law loves Bologna. I'll send this over to him.

But man I don't know what it is but I just can't bologna.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    But man I don't know what it is but I just can't bologna.
    Lebanon Bologna is a whole different animal. Go to Sprouts deli. They will give you a taste. It really comes alive when heated. I love it diced in scrambled eggs as well.

I had one of the West Bend Egg and Muffin toasters for years... absolutely loved mine. My only gripe was that the teflon wasn't bonded well to the teflon-coated egg pan, so I'd have to buy a new one every so often. But it made some fantastic sandwiches, and didn't take much more counter space than a normal 2-slot toaster. They also make a 4-slot version that can do two eggs at once.

Now, as for restaurant breakfast sandwiches... My preference tends to be a Sausage, Egg, and Cheese on a Jalepeno Cheddar biscuit from Whataburger. I haven't gotten any breakfast sandwiches from a non-fast-food joint.

Man what I wouldn't give for one more Coits maxi steak biscuit sandwich and a root beer......

Blog Entries

It might not be the overall best in the city, but it's local, and is definitely the best VALUE in the city, breakfast sandwhich wise, and that's Someplace Else Deli. Give it a try if you haven't already. I can't believe how cheap those things are, two bucks if I recall.

Blog Entries

^Love Someplace Else but have never been for anything but lunch. Thanks for the tip!!

The Mexican place in the stockyards make a pretty mean breakfast taco.I'm also a big fan of Carl Jr's breakfast sandwiches as I like their made from scratch biscuits in the morning. Unfortunately, they aren't always consistent on keeping them well made and hot and fresh. But, when they are.....yummy

On a side note. over the last couple of years, I have grown to love breakfast hash whether it be corned beef hash, roast beef hash, or brisket hash. I find that very few places actually offer let alone offer it fresh and not from can. Any recommendations on places serving good hash?

24. Default Re: Breakfast Sandwiches - who serves the best?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    On a side note. over the last couple of years, I have grown to love breakfast hash whether it be corned beef hash, roast beef hash, or brisket hash. I find that very few places actually offer let alone offer it fresh and not from can. Any recommendations on places serving good hash?
    I have not been but this might be a place to begin your search....

https://www.zomato.com/oklahoma-city...riginal-edmond

Picasso's used to have one on Saturday and Sunday during brunch service. I found it terribly bland until mushrooms, Bell Peppers and onions were added by request.

Thread Information