Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breakfast Sandwiches - who serves the best?

Default Re: Breakfast Sandwiches - who serves the best?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    The Mexican place in the stockyards make a pretty mean breakfast taco.I'm also a big fan of Carl Jr's breakfast sandwiches as I like their made from scratch biscuits in the morning. Unfortunately, they aren't always consistent on keeping them well made and hot and fresh. But, when they are.....yummy

On a side note. over the last couple of years, I have grown to love breakfast hash whether it be corned beef hash, roast beef hash, or brisket hash. I find that very few places actually offer let alone offer it fresh and not from can. Any recommendations on places serving good hash?
    Joey's cafe has some pretty good corned beef hash!

Went all out country for Sunday breakfast for myself and a guest. I had smoked boneless pork loin chops from Buy for Less, about 3/8" thick. Got those going sous vide (40 minutes in a freezer bag with a bit of butter in a pot of water at 143 fegrees F) . Meanwhile I whipped up a batch of Cathead Buttermilk Drop Biscuits and some sausage gravy. When the smoked pork was warm, I breaded them in a knock-off KFC Original breading I keep around and deep fried them and made farm eggs over easy. Assembled with gravy on biscuit bottom, pork chop next, a bit more gravy, sharp white cheddar and finally an egg and the biscuit top.
    A bunch of effort, but it hit nearly all my cravings for Southeastern U.S. breakfast I n one fantastic messy breakfast sandwich next to a pile of fried potatoes!

Can't believe I didn't take any photos, but I was pretty busy getting this done and plated.

^
    it's nice to see that somebody else here is playing around with sous vide. i bought a unit early this year and have really enjoyed experimenting with it. -M

I loved the Frisco breakfast sandwich from Hardee's as a kid. Denny's moons over my-hammy is also pretty nice. Nowadays I'm more of an omelette & hash browns guy, but I'm tempted to try the breakfast sandwich offerings at Boom-A-Rang Diner in Bethany (a frequent breakfast stop of ours).

5. Default Re: Breakfast Sandwiches - who serves the best?

Carl's Jr is serving a breakfast sandwich on an Auntie Anne's pretzel bun right now that is pretty tasty..... Only drawback is the sodium content in it is about a weeks recommended allowance.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Carl's Jr is serving a breakfast sandwich on an Auntie Anne's pretzel bun right now that is pretty tasty..... Only drawback is the sodium content in it is about a weeks recommended allowance.
    Eh, just drink more water and you'll cancel that out. Sodium is one of my least concerns when eating since I try to drink a gallon of water every day (don't always succeed, but that's the plan).

7. Default Re: Breakfast Sandwiches - who serves the best?

Quote Originally Posted by White Peacock View Post
    Eh, just drink more water and you'll cancel that out. Sodium is one of my least concerns when eating since I try to drink a gallon of water every day (don't always succeed, but that's the plan).
    To paraphrase Chief Brody from the movie Jaws.... You're gonna need a bigger gallon.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    To paraphrase Chief Brody from the movie Jaws.... You're gonna need a bigger gallon.
    Some meals definitely call for it! haha

9. Default Re: Breakfast Sandwiches - who serves the best?

If it's still open, my favorite is from the Golden Dragon in FNC. Sausage/egg/cheese bagel/biscuit. Hnng.

Quote Originally Posted by zefferoni View Post
    If it's still open, my favorite is from the Golden Dragon in FNC. Sausage/egg/cheese bagel/biscuit. Hnng.
    I believe it still is, but probably not for long.

Not throwing any shade on Oklahoma, it has it's own set of good local eats, but everywhere I've lived for any time except for Florida has taken breakfast sandwiches to an art form. Tennessee has Bacon/Egg/Cheese on white toast, every possible permutation of meat/egg/cheese on a perfect drop biscuit, and what amounts to any kind of omelette you want stuffed into steamed pita halves. Michigan doesn't really seem to be that focused on ingredients, but their offerings span an impressive gourmet array like pastrami, fried egg and feta on Rosemary toast. They're invested. West Virginia has a whole chain of restaurants called Tudor's Breakfast World. With that in my head, Okllahoma doesn't seem to put much effort int breakfast on the go.

Thread Information