Widgets Magazine

Thread: Best Place in OKC for Gourmet/International Cheeses

Default Best Place in OKC for Gourmet/International Cheeses

I participate in a semi-annual social gathering in which we all contribute and sample exotic, gourmet, international cheeses. I feel like there must be sources for cheese that are broader and more extensive than the places I have tried--a Mediterranean deli on May just north of NW expressway, and Whole Foods. Would anyone be able to recommend another place to find high-quality international cheese? I am willing to go most anywhere in OKC, and I'm willing to pay for good cheese. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Default Re: Best Place in OKC for Gourmet/International Cheeses

I participate in a semi-annual social gathering in which we all contribute and sample exotic, gourmet, international cheeses. I feel like there must be sources for cheese that are broader and more extensive than the places I have tried--a Mediterranean deli on May just north of NW expressway, and Whole Foods. Would anyone be able to recommend another place to find high-quality international cheese? I am willing to go most anywhere in OKC, and I'm willing to pay for good cheese. Thanks for any help you can provide!

if you're willing to go down to norman, this is pretty much the place to go... Forward Foods | Cheese >> Grocery >> Coffee >> | Norman & Oklahoma City

-M

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    if you're willing to go down to norman, this is pretty much the place to go... Forward Foods | Cheese >> Grocery >> Coffee >> | Norman & Oklahoma City

-M
    I see that they have a location on north Western in OKC... Is the selection there just not as extensive?

Quote Originally Posted by RickOKC View Post
    I see that they have a location on north Western in OKC... Is the selection there just not as extensive?
    That location has been closed for a good minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    That location has been closed for a good minute.
    Gotcha.

Uptown Market in Edmond has a nice selection of International cheeses and other gourmet foods. Also Whole Foods has nice selections too. Those would be my first choices as far as stuff that is not common atlleast for Oklahomans. They really do have a bunch. I noticed that they also have Parma Ham and other stuff like that.

I agree with Oklip, I think Whole Foods, Uptown Grocery, and possibly even Homeland at Britton and May are about the best you will find. I have no idea about the place in Norman.
    C. T.

My friend who gets cheese frequently swears by the Buy for Less on NW Expressway. And I think that she also goes to Homeland on Britton and May.

10. Default Re: Best Place in OKC for Gourmet/International Cheeses

I will second Forward Foods in Norman.

And as odd as it sounds, and I don't shop at the Homeland's here in OKC so I don't know if they have as large of selection but, the Homeland in Ardmore has an impressive cheese selection..... So it might be worth it to check out a Homeland here... Maybe the one at Britton and May.

Ill second Mediterranean Imports and Deli on May just north of NW exwy. Plenty of good cheeses and they also cut it off the wheel, so you can get just the right amount you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Ill second Mediterranean Imports and Deli on May just north of NW exwy. Plenty of good cheeses and they also cut it off the wheel, so you can get just the right amount you are looking for.
    ^^

Whole Foods is fantastic for that, and has only one of (I think) two Certified Cheese Professionals in OK working there. We spend about $100 every 6 months there on cheese (that's almost all we get from there, though, aside from olives, some chocolate, and some frozen things).

Thread Information