Widgets Magazine

Thread: Remaking Rocky Horror Picture Show

Default Remaking Rocky Horror Picture Show

Blasphemy I say......... What is the need to take a classic movie and remake it?

(The Hollywood Reporter)Following a lengthy casting process, Fox has found the star of its upcoming "Rocky Horror Picture Show."

"Orange Is the New Black" star Laverne Cox will take on the iconic role of Frank-N-Furter in the network's upcoming movie event "Rocky Horror Picture Show" remake, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

The character was made famous by Tim Curry in the 1975 cult classic, which celebrated its 40th anniversary this year and continues to be screened at midnight in theaters across the country. The two-hour Fox special, due in fall 2016, will be directed, exec produced and choreographed by Kenny Ortega ("High School Musical") and filmed in advance.

Ortega, Gail Berman and Lou Adler, who produced the original film, are attached as exec producers. The new "Rocky" will be produced by Fox 21 Television studios and Berman's The Jackal Group. Adam Lambert and Lady Gaga previously were offered the part.

Default Re: Remaking Rocky Horror Picture Show

I don't like it. I've heard a Shining Remake is in store and they are already remaking It. I don't see why they have to remake all of these classic movies. Well, I'm assuming they're going to make money from it, so take what you want from that.

Maybe they could call it Rocky Horror Picture Show 2 electric boogaloo, where FrankNFurter bonds with a group of streetwise breakdancers to save a decrepit old castle.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    Maybe they could call it Rocky Horror Picture Show 2 electric boogaloo, where FrankNFurter bonds with a group of streetwise breakdancers to save a decrepit old castle.

If they toss in some rap or hip hop to make it current, I will throw up.

Boo! RHPS was lightning in a bottle, a one time thing. The movie itself is terrible. And that's what is great about it. To try to remake it, modernize it? People aren't going to be doing shadowcasting with the new more nor are they going to be seeing new versions of the stage musical.

I think the important part to note is it's a TV movie. So unless the tweets love it as much as high school musical. We probably won't have to pay much attention to it.

Blog Entries

Saw a group interview with the cast on Today show last week - was really good and interesting. Susan Sarandon talked about getting sick during filming because it was so damp and cold all the time. They told some good stories about the process and how times have changed in terms of making movies - then v now.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    Saw a group interview with the cast on Today show last week - was really good and interesting. Susan Sarandon talked about getting sick during filming because it was so damp and cold all the time. They told some good stories about the process and how times have changed in terms of making movies - then v now.
    This is what you saw.

It was kind of rough seeing Tim Curry like that. Great Scott! Remake RHPS! I throw a roll of TP at that.

Blog Entries

Susan Sarandon still looks great!

Thread Information