Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Select Committee on Benghazi

I'm shocked......

Las Vegas (CNN)Another Republican lawmaker says the House Select Committee on Benghazi is meant to go after the reputation of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Rep. Richard Hanna, R-New York, said Wednesday on New York's' WIBX 950 said "Sometimes the biggest sin you can commit in D.C. is to tell the truth."

"This may not be politically correct, but I think that there was a big part of this investigation that was designed to go after people and an individual, Hillary Clinton," said Hanna, who is not a member of the committee. "After what Kevin McCarthy said, it's difficult to accept at least a part of it was not. I think that's the way Washington works. But you'd like to expect more from a committee that's spent millions of dollars and tons of time."

GOP congressman says panel meant to hurt Clinton - CNNPolitics.com

Default Re: Select Committee on Benghazi

Maybe if we had a non-bias media it would not have come to this? In any event, I'm glad her secret ermail server came to light and in the end I believe the investigation will be good for the US.

I'm confused on how a non-biased media would have changed the Select Committee on Benghazi. Can you explain your post? Oh and her email server wasn't secret, most everybody knew about it.

Did the media go along with the story on the video and random demonstration evolving into the assault on the embassy compound? Yes they carried the adminisitrations and water looked the other way while Susan Rice made the rounds to all the networks with the adminstrations cockamamie story. Only Fox looked close and once the story line began to crumble did the public begin to ask questions.
    Most everybody knew about the server? Do you have something to support that?

Benghazi has been much ado about nothing since the beginning. The email server thing, that's a legit concern, but the Benghazi investigations have been a massive waste of energy.

Quote Originally Posted by stick47 View Post
    Did the media go along with the story on the video and random demonstration evolving into the assault on the embassy compound? Yes they carried the adminisitrations and water looked the other way while Susan Rice made the rounds to all the networks with the adminstrations cockamamie story. Only Fox looked close and once the story line began to crumble did the public begin to ask questions.

That still doesn't explain your post how it would have changed the Select Committee on Benghazi.

I would imaging since Clinton's email address wasn't her government account it was pretty obvious to everybody that had contact with her it wasn't a government account, plus I don't think she every had a state.gov email account. According to Clinton "Her usage was widely known to the over 100 State Department and U.S. government colleagues she emailed, consistent with the practice of prior Secretaries of State and permitted at the time." I should have said everybody that had any email contact with her. It probably wasn't the smartest thing to do but I don't believe she broke any laws or rules

explain your post how it would have changed the Select Committee on Benghazi
    I don't think any words I put down here is going to change anything in Washington DC.

Seriously though, when little Johnny tells his Mother that the dog is the one who scribbled crayon marks on the hallway walls his Mother is going to seek out the truth. The phoney video story was like Johnnys story.

I don't think any words I put down here is going to change anything in Washington DC.

Seriously though, when little Johnny tells his Mother that the dog is the one who scribbled crayon marks on the hallway walls his Mother is going to seek out the truth. The phoney video story was like Johnnys story.
    There were numerous news reports that the riots in Egypt were sparked by the video, and it was a very similar situation in Libya just hours later. It was obviously incorrect, but it was a very normal reaction to believe they were related, initially.

But after they knew the truth the false story continued. Is that what you want from your government?

But after they knew the truth the false story continued. Is that what you want from your government?
    On what day did they know the truth?

Tell me an American administration that had never propagated falsehoods. Or a state government administration for that matter. Earthquakes anyone?

Two wrongs make it right. OK. So you never blamed Bush. I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadanth View Post
    I believe they knew the truth as soon as the mortars hit the roof of the compound.

Two wrongs make it right. OK. So you never blamed Bush. I get it.
    You're projecting here. Not saying anything about two wrongs here, just pointing out the business practices of American politics. As far as you bringing up Bush - if the cowboy hat fits, wear it.

Not projecting at all. You said
    Tell me an American administration that had never propagated falsehoods.
    That's excusing this admin b/c others did something.

Not projecting at all. You said That's excusing this admin b/c others did something.
    How's that? If I said tell me an American administration that had live in the White House is that excusing this admin for living there?

Well the one about Benghazi was a coverup to avoid responsibility for not providing security to prevent the attack on the compound. If it was a spntaneous attack as their narrative claimed they'd be less culpable in many ppls opinions. Since this attack was so well planned even down to the ambassador reporting that guards were taking photos of all the area. So I believe te admon knew it was planned prior to it's occurance. Why didn't they protect the ambassador? The American ppl would like answers.

Well the one about Benghazi was a coverup to avoid responsibility for not providing security to prevent the attack on the compound. If it was a spntaneous attack as their narrative claimed they'd be less culpable in many ppls opinions. Since this attack was so well planned even down to the ambassador reporting that guards were taking photos of all the area. So I believe te admon knew it was planned prior to it's occurance. Why didn't they protect the ambassador? The American ppl would like answers.
    I don't know if the attack came spontaneously or if it was planned, either way it was a surprise to both Ambassador Stevens and to others. If I remember right the early information said it was a spontaneous attack and that was revised after more data came in.

Why didn't you ask these questions when under during the George W. Bush period, there were 13 attacks on various embassies and consulates around the world. Sixty people died.

1. The US embassy in Athens, Greece, was attacked in 2007.
    2. The US embassy in Serbia was burned down early in 2008?
    3. The US embassy in Sanaa, Yemen, were attacked in September 2008
    4. A suicide bombing at the US consulate in Karachi, Pakistan, in 2006 killed a US diplomat.
    5. In 2006, a car bomb was set off outside the US embassy in Damascus.
    6. Assailants set off bombs outside the US embassy in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, in 2004, at a time when the Uzbek government was allied with Bush in the ‘war on terror’ and was trying 15 persons it accused of al-Qaeda ties. Bush should have known.
    7. The US consulate in Jiddah, Saudi Arabia, was attacked in 2004.
    8. Anti-American Iraqis were regularly shelling the Green Zone in Baghdad where the US embassy is, in 2008.
    9. In April 1983, radical Shiite suicide bombers blew up the US embassy in Beirut, killing 63. Reagan did nothing to prevent this attack, and his ultimate response to it and a later deadly attack on US Marines in Beirut was to quietly withdraw from Lebanon (he called it “redeploying offshore”). Democrats at the time controlled Congress but they didn’t have endless hearings on how Reagan failed our diplomats by not being prepared, not about whether it was wise for Reagan to shell Lebanese villages from the sea and kill 1,000 people.
    10. The American embassy in Kuwait was attacked under Reagan in 1983 by radical members of the Da`wa (Islamic Mission) Party. George W. Bush later presided over the election of one of the bombers to the Iraqi parliament. The Da`wa Party, which has since given up terrorism and become a democratic party, has ruled Iraq since 2005, courtesy of Bush.

Shall we talk about the 1983 Beirut barracks bombing which happened under Reagan where 299 American and French servicemen were killed.

Your first sentence was a complete rejection of the facts so the rest of your post isn't worth the time to comment. If your won't admit to 2 + 2 = 4, I'll just put you back on ignore.

Your first sentence was a complete rejection of the facts so the rest of your post isn't worth the time to comment. If your won't admit to 2 + 2 = 4, I'll just put you back on ignore.
    If you can't answer just say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadanth View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/17/wo...ings.html?_r=0

David H. Petraeus, the former director of the Central Intelligence Agency, told lawmakers on Friday that classified intelligence reports revealed that the deadly assault on the American diplomatic mission in Libya was a terrorist attack, but that the administration refrained from saying it suspected that the perpetrators of the attack were Al Qaeda affiliates and sympathizers to avoid tipping off the groups.

Mr. Petraeus, who resigned last week after admitting to an extramarital affair, said the names of groups suspected in the attack — including Al Qaeda’s franchise in North Africa and a local Libyan group, Ansar al-Shariah — were removed from the public explanation of the attack immediately after the assault to avoiding alerting the militants that American intelligence and law enforcement agencies were tracking them, lawmakers said.

Feds Arrest Fox News Commentator, Allege He Lied About CIA Past
    Simmons has been interviewed by Sean Hannity, Neil Cavuto and has appeared on "Fox & Friends." He has discussed a wide range of issues on the network, including CIA interrogation techniques and, ironically, a former CIA official found guilty on fraud charges. He is a member of the "Citizens Commission on Benghazi," a panel created by the conservative media organization Accuracy in Media that has trafficked in in conspiracy theories about the 2012 attack on a U.S. compound in Libya, in which several officials were killed

I believe they knew the truth as soon as the mortars hit the roof of the compound.
    Why would that be? Libya is littered with weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/17/wo...ings.html?_r=0

David H. Petraeus, the former director of the Central Intelligence Agency, told lawmakers on Friday that classified intelligence reports revealed that the deadly assault on the American diplomatic mission in Libya was a terrorist attack, but that the administration refrained from saying it suspected that the perpetrators of the attack were Al Qaeda affiliates and sympathizers to avoid tipping off the groups.

Mr. Petraeus, who resigned last week after admitting to an extramarital affair, said the names of groups suspected in the attack — including Al Qaeda’s franchise in North Africa and a local Libyan group, Ansar al-Shariah — were removed from the public explanation of the attack immediately after the assault to avoiding alerting the militants that American intelligence and law enforcement agencies were tracking them, lawmakers said.
    That article is from November 2012, so we figured out the truth sometime in the 2 months between. I wouldn't argue with that assertion at all.

Of course, we learned that the truth is much more nuanced later on...

A Deadly Mix in Benghazi - The New York Times

Thread Information