Widgets Magazine
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. Default DA David Prater Accused Criminal Behavior By Former Investigator

    This just broke this week - and not by accident the same week Oklahoma County District Attorney David Prater is personally prosecuting a high profile trial.

    10/24/2019 - KFOR News4 'Former investigator drops bombshell allegations against Oklahoma County DA David Prater.'

    10/25/2019 - The Purcell Register 'Oklahoma County DA accused of improperly investigating leader of criminal justice reform effort.'

    I have posted the actual Tort Claim at this link.

  2. Default Re: DA David Prater Accused Criminal Behavior By Former Investigator


  3. #3

    Default Re: DA David Prater Accused Criminal Behavior By Former Investigator

    The story has been picked up by the Washington Post. That can’t be good. https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...127_story.html

  4. Default Re: DA David Prater Accused Criminal Behavior By Former Investigator


  5. Default Re: DA David Prater Accused Criminal Behavior By Former Investigator

    Funny Prater crying over the timing of the filing of the tort claim.... He and his office DO THE EXACT SAME THING to defendant's all the time - inconvenient timing.

    Filing charges and effecting arrest warrants and arrests on a Friday to force a defendant to remain in jail for unnecessary days. Filing on the eve of a holiday. Making comments to the media and THEN requesting gag orders to keep the other side from talking. Piling on of charges simply to get the bond as high as possible. Having arrest warrants signed by judges so they don't have to follow the jail bail guidelines and can set whatever bail they want. He's a hypocrite to the highest order. Unfortunately, I think most anyone who seeks that office is soon corrupted by it.

    The 'evidence room' allegations should concern any criminal defense lawyer and defendant facing the wrath of Prater's office.

  6. #6

    Default Re: DA David Prater Accused Criminal Behavior By Former Investigator

    Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Funny Prater crying over the timing of the filing of the tort claim.... He and his office DO THE EXACT SAME THING to defendant's all the time - inconvenient timing.

    Filing charges and effecting arrest warrants and arrests on a Friday to force a defendant to remain in jail for unnecessary days. Filing on the eve of a holiday. Making comments to the media and THEN requesting gag orders to keep the other side from talking. Piling on of charges simply to get the bond as high as possible. Having arrest warrants signed by judges so they don't have to follow the jail bail guidelines and can set whatever bail they want. He's a hypocrite to the highest order. Unfortunately, I think most anyone who seeks that office is soon corrupted by it.

    The 'evidence room' allegations should concern any criminal defense lawyer and defendant facing the wrath of Prater's office.
    I hope they nail him and the rest of that corrupt office. It's all about getting convictions and it doesn't make any difference if defendant is guilty or not. Hell is there for people like him and his cronies.

  7. #7

    Default Re: DA David Prater Accused Criminal Behavior By Former Investigator

    Granted I don't do felony jury trial defense work, but I generally have nothing but positive things to say about most of his ADAs. I had one really go out of her way for me the other day. I've had another dismiss a slam dunk possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony just so we could get a kid into RID. Common sense isn't lost on most in that office.

    Of course if it's being run the way Bates says it is--and I don't have any reason to doubt him because every time I've seen him make an outlandish claim, it's turned out to be true.

    The evidence room stuff I'd more likely blame on funding if that's a true story. That said, I've spent plenty of time in offices on the 5th floor and I've never heard of or seen anything like what is being described. Most of these issues would be corrected if the DA would just stay in his own lane.

  8. Default Re: DA David Prater Accused Criminal Behavior By Former Investigator

    Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Granted I don't do felony jury trial defense work, but I generally have nothing but positive things to say about most of his ADAs. I had one really go out of her way for me the other day. I've had another dismiss a slam dunk possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony just so we could get a kid into RID. Common sense isn't lost on most in that office.

    Of course if it's being run the way Bates says it is--and I don't have any reason to doubt him because every time I've seen him make an outlandish claim, it's turned out to be true.

    The evidence room stuff I'd more likely blame on funding if that's a true story. That said, I've spent plenty of time in offices on the 5th floor and I've never heard of or seen anything like what is being described. Most of these issues would be corrected if the DA would just stay in his own lane.
    I don't mean to imply that nothing positive ever comes out of the Oklahoma County DA's office. There are some good people in that office and some outstanding lawyers (though one is not synonymous with the other). The problem is consistent application of the law in the best interests of justice.

    The trick seems to be what mood the DA or ADA is in on any given day and how far off the radar a defendant is. Unfortunately, DA Prater's skin is a thin as his hairline.

  9. Default Re: DA David Prater Accused Criminal Behavior By Former Investigator

    And, if true, here is a good example of how slimy DA Prater can get.

    Prater is obviously (according to him) too busy to fully publicly respond to the allegations before him, but not too busy to order one of his henchmen to try and dig up dirt on his accuser/whistleblower - and at tax payer expense too.

    10/25/2019 Cease And Desist / Indirect Harassment of William Muller with Contact with Former GE Employees.

  10. Default Re: DA David Prater Accused Criminal Behavior By Former Investigator

    Below is a link to the 10/22/2019 letter to Oklahoma Attorney General Mike Hunter regarding Oklahoma County District Attorney David Prater and his alleged criminal and/or unethical actions.....

    https://www.scribd.com/document/4322...e-David-Prater

  11. #11

    Default Re: DA David Prater Accused Criminal Behavior By Former Investigator

    From my experience Prater’s performance & records are a mess. A former employee embezzled from me years ago, made partial restitution and was allowed to change her name & have her record expunged. She was hired by a prominent real estate person, embezzled close to $100,000. I spoke with the ADA who told me she wouldn’t have known of this woman’s previous name & embezzlement if I hadn’t called and told her. That’s sloppy work. BTW, you won’t find any history of this woman’s name change or prior felony record in either OSCN or an OSBI criminal record check. I blame that on Prater for not objecting when these requests are made to judges.

  12. Default Re: DA David Prater Accused Criminal Behavior By Former Investigator

    FilterMag - 10/28/2019 'Oklahoma Prosecutor “Launched Malicious Probes Against Criminal Justice Reformers”'

    A 2015 article from the Oklahoman recounts Prater’s reputation for “tackling crime,” or at least defendants he is prosecuting. He ignores the political decorum expected of prosecutors, having once endorsed Reverend Paul Blair, a hateful fundamentalist who spreads Islamophobic conspiracy theories, for state senate. He has been accused by fellow lawyers, most notably those working on Richard Glossip’s potential innocence case, of witness intimidation.

    And he despises even the mildest positive changes to the criminal justice system, as exhibited by his war against his own voters. When Oklahomans, including his constituents, voted by ballot initiative in 2017 to make drug possession a misdemeanor (rather than a felony), Prater unsuccessfully labored alongside anti-reform allies like former Sen. Ralph Shortey (who shortly thereafter went to federal prison for child sex trafficking), to reverse the popular mandate.

  13. #13

    Default Re: DA David Prater Accused Criminal Behavior By Former Investigator

    Crazy the lengths that DA's have gone to to avoid any criminal justice reform. I know they get a ton of their funds from fines and fees, and money makes the world go around, but they have fought any changes as if their jobs were ending.

  14. Default Re: DA David Prater Accused Criminal Behavior By Former Investigator

    nm

  15. #15

    Default Re: DA David Prater Accused Criminal Behavior By Former Investigator

    Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Crazy the lengths that DA's have gone to to avoid any criminal justice reform. I know they get a ton of their funds from fines and fees, and money makes the world go around, but they have fought any changes as if their jobs were ending.
    It's like they don't care about justice they just want convictions, evidence be damned. I have heard more than a few stories. Trumped up charges are the norm from I have heard. Whatever it takes. Have to keep the prisons full so they can build more.

  16. #16

    Default Re: DA David Prater Accused Criminal Behavior By Former Investigator

    https://www.kgou.org/post/whistleblo...d-jury-process

    This story questions the process by which Prater has obtained grand jury subpoenas. In this instance, attorney Robert Gifford says that Prater lacked probably cause and even reasonable suspicion of illegal activities at Oklahomans for Criminal Justice Reform - he simply made the request for a subpoena which was granted.

    That would certainly tempt a rogue DA into abusing the process.

  17. #17

    Default Re: DA David Prater Accused Criminal Behavior By Former Investigator

    Quote Originally Posted by CloudDeckMedia View Post
    https://www.kgou.org/post/whistleblo...d-jury-process

    This story questions the process by which Prater has obtained grand jury subpoenas. In this instance, attorney Robert Gifford says that Prater lacked probably cause and even reasonable suspicion of illegal activities at Oklahomans for Criminal Justice Reform - he simply made the request for a subpoena which was granted.

    That would certainly tempt a rogue DA into abusing the process.
    He learned it all when he was an ADA under Bob Macy.
    Macy ran one of the most corrupt DA offices in all of America.

    Look who was defending Bob Macy back in 2001:
    https://www.tulsaworld.com/archive/c...f778a1665.html
    We need a “good government” housecleaning in this county.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-01-2018, 11:12 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-20-2017, 04:31 AM
  3. DA David Prater clears three OHP officers accused of beating deaf man
    By BBatesokc in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-01-2014, 07:27 PM
  4. Grand jury clears Oklahoma County District Attorney David Prater
    By BBatesokc in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-20-2012, 02:26 PM
  5. Congratulations David Prater!
    By writerranger in forum Politics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-13-2006, 08:34 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO