Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pasteur Flats (formerly L2)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Midtown Pasteur Flats (formerly L2)

Milhaus, an Indianapolis-based developer of urban apartment properties, is planning its second project in Oklahoma City.

Dubbed L2, the 27 units will be a companion to the under-construction LIFT directly to the west.

L2 will be constructed in an L-shape on a surface parking lot on the southeast corner of NW 11th Street and Shartel Avenue, adjoining the Pasteur Building and its parking structure.

The 4-story buildings comprising 36,800 square feet will feature one, two and three bedroom units.

The design by Gardner Architects calls for brick veneer on the first floor.

LIFT hopes to open its first units before the end of the year as the large complex will be completed in multiple phases.

The addition of L2 represents yet more living units in a booming Midtown area. In addition to the 329 units at LIFT, The Frank is well under construction and will offer 43 units, Lisbon Lofts is wrapping up to the south with 7 condominiums and The Edge recently completed 252 apartments.

For a complete breakdown of all the downtown housing projects completed, under construction and planned, see our comprehensive summary.

Default Re: L2

It seems like just about every day there is a new development announced.

Great Times.

Dang, too many developments to keep track of!

Midtown is really exploding.

I hope they find a way to spruce up the western-portion of the north elevation…It's blandness at the corner, which is never a good thing.

Other than that, looks excellent. Nice to see them incorporate an already existing garage for the development.

Super happy to have Milhaus in the market!

[Small correction to the article, L2 is to the EAST of LIFT.]

Here comes another dense urban canyon for OKC.

Some better renderings:

Any word on this?

Oh man, I completely forgot about this.

There are issues with the plan to build this so close to the existing parking garage, and variances would have to be obtained.

However, the guy that Milhaus brought in to help aid future development has now been transferred to another city and I'm not sure they are still planning to go forward with more projects in OKC.

They took a run at several and couldn't find anything that fit their model (i.e. full return in 7 years or less).

So, basically... the project is dead? That's disappointing.

Not saying it's dead.

Just no longer definitely going to happen.

I heard from several guys that worked on their last job site that Milhaus is a PITA to work with.

13. Default Re: L2

Well I hope it does end up happening. I thought how awesome it was that they were infilling these small, awkward lots next to this parking garage. It would really change the dynamic of the area, by further complementing all the residential going on while also adding density and hiding the parking structure.

At least now we know not to get our hopes up. Sorta disappointing because I feel these lots won't be developed otherwise; but what do I know!

At this point, it may not be a bad idea to take a breather on the amount of new rentals coming online.

Default Re: Pasteur Flats (formerly L2)

This project has been resurrected and slightly changed and is now called Pasteur Flats.

Rather than Milhaus which built LIFT directly to the west, this time it's a group that bought the Pasteur Building and the parking garage. Gardner is still the architect.

Will be 78 micro-units ranging in size from 408 to 514 square feet. 4-story building with a bridge connector at each level to access the parking structure.

To be located on the site of the surface lot on the SE corner of NW 11th & Shartel.

Awesome!

Blog Entries

This is fantastic, micro units are what's needed downtown.

If the floorplans are well-designed and the occupant resourceful, you can fit everything you need in that size of space.

I hope this will make the rents somewhat affordable. It seems there is a market for this type of place.

More housing plus one less surface lot in the core. Huge win.

I hope they are priced accordingly, rather than this becoming a trend of building "micro apartments" that are priced not much under regular apartment sizes. I've seen that start to happen in other metros...

Nothing wrong with a small apartment though. It would get old living in what feels like one room after awhile I think. Wouldn't want to be cooped up in one for an extended covid lockdown. I got enough cabin fever in my 3 bedroom house.

Work has commenced on this project.

They've started removing the surface parking lot.

It's always nice to see surface parking torn up for mid-rise housing. I assume it's the same design as the plans from 2021? I like the brick.

I hope they consider adding some sort of facade to the parking garage at some point.

How old is this parking garage?

25. Default Re: Pasteur Flats (formerly L2)

Quote Originally Posted by cinnamonjock View Post
    How old is this parking garage?
    As old as the Pasteur Bldg. so 60 years-ish.

Thread Information