Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OKC Development on Google Maps

Default Re: OKC Development on Google Maps

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, and maybe it's been mentioned before, but I found this tool today that alerts you on locations you choose, when google has updated the imagery. It's pretty easy to use and you can select as many locations as you want. Thought this might be helpful for those wanting to also see updates on the map.

https://followyourworld.appspot.com/

Cool! I was looking at Google Maps yesterday in extensive detail and can't believe how much new growth has occured in NW and SW OKC. It's almost unreal. Not sure how many others cities the size of OKC has experienced that, but damn. Can't wait to see updated imagery.

I would like if it would be possible to add a second layer or something onto the development map where you could click on certain years like 2017, 2018, 2019 etc. and it would select everything that would be built and open by the year you selected.

OKC now has a development webpage on Skyrise Cities: http://skyrisecities.com/database/cities/oklahoma-city

What is the cummins building?

Cummins: http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=41114

But at least for now, this is stalled out. Were looking for tenants first, which rarely works.

When you open the map, you can click on the individual project names in the column on the left; this will open a popup window that describes the project, and most of them also provide a link to the relevant OKCTalk thread with further information.

In the case of the Cummins building, here's the thread on that: http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=41114

I have added and am still adding several projects. Thank you for heads up!

Edit: I was referring to these posts: http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=41877

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I have added and am still adding several projects. Thank you for heads up!

Edit: I was referring to these posts: http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=41877
    This is great work Plutonic.. how are you making these? Is it a Google maps feature or is there an external application you use?

Thank you. No anyone who has a Google account can do it. It is built into Google Maps Editor which has a section called 'My Maps.' They just need to message Pete, Baralheia, or Me to gain access to able to edit and add projects.

I added a new layer for single family home developments which include luxury homes, tract homes, etc. Only those that consist of single family homes. I added the new layer so it can be turned off for those that don't care for these developments. Me personally, I like sprawl but it is difficult to keep track of all of these as there are probably over 100 or more of them around the metro and I only have five listed.

I also keep adding projects but I might slack off when my school starts. It's amazing to see how much construction there is and OKC really isn't even booming yet. Get your sh!T ready because good stuff is ahead! I've also added a few things from the 2017 GoBond issue.

^

Thanks very, very much for your efforts!

Oh my pleasure it's very fun and exciting. I've been working at Chick-fil-A and going to school and will start another school at Musicians Institute for audio engineering and I'm going to LACC at the same time so I will be pretty busy but I'll try my best to keep it updated.

Trying to keep up with the residential developments. Updated and added a lot of stuff.

Added tons of projects over the last week or so. OKC is on fire! I am noticing more and more that the standard for almost every project be it residential, office, or whatever is raising and is raising fast.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to make it better please let me know. Also, if anyone knows where I can find out about more development in smaller cities around the OKC Metro, please tell or feel free to add them onto the map yourself.

I have updated this map to the best of my knowledge. I removed some recently completed projects as well. If there are any mistakes or I'm missing anything please let me know and I'll add it. As a reminder Pete, me, and a few other posters can add you to be able to edit if you wish. There are parts of the city like Norman and surrounding exurbs that is hard to keep track of. I left out MAPS 4 projects as they are still up in the air but if you think I should add them I can.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?h...185612956&z=13

I updated this map and moved some projects for some I thought were UC back to proposed. I jumped the gun on some of them and moved them back to the proper category. I added a few missing projects as well. I added several MAPS 4 projects and will add more as new details are revealed. If anything is missing please let me know.

I updated this map and moved some projects for some I thought were UC back to proposed. I jumped the gun on some of them and moved them back to the proper category. I added a few missing projects as well. I added several MAPS 4 projects and will add more as new details are revealed. If anything is missing please let me know.
    Really appreciate it!

I actually use it quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Really appreciate it!

I actually use it quite a bit.
    Thank you! I’m going to cruise the town sometime this week and use it to get some pictures of some developments. I went for a late night cruise last night and there was a lot going on but it was too cold, dark to get any photos.

Which link do I use? The one on page 1? I tried the one this page and no work

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    Which link do I use? The one on page 1? I tried the one this page and no work
    It works for me. If you use the menu bar at the top of the webpage I believe Pete has embedded the map. But try this link and if it doesn’t work I don’t know:

OKC Metro Development https://goo.gl/maps/e5TKTr9GfU9RdLHw8

It works for me. If you use the menu bar at the top of the webpage I believe Pete has embedded the map. But try this link and if it doesn’t work I don’t know:

OKC Metro Development https://goo.gl/maps/e5TKTr9GfU9RdLHw8
    I use iphone and all it does is open up a regular google map. Maybe it only works on desktop?

Ok when I use the one at top it starts to work. As I pinch/zoom all the projects disappear. Could be I clicked on something accidently and made it go away. Also when I click it beings me up so far away (from OKC) and zoomed way out. So I have to use 2 fingers to move in and around to find OKC. I most likely hot a wrong button and poofed the data on my view. Will try Tue. I have used it before its really great tool. Just can’t get it to work tonight likely operator error

I just updated the map. Lots of new developments added and others moved to completed. If I missed anything please mention it.

I just updated the map. Lots of new developments added and others moved to completed. If I missed anything please mention it.
    Appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Appreciate it!
    Thank you! Lots of stuff starting or completing right now. I’ll be in town for a year as I take a break from LA. I’ll be taking more pictures of various developments.

Added more projects. Every time I add more I realize there are so many that have been going on I couldn't keep track of them all. So much going on.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...9915937496&z=9

Thread Information