Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: OKC Development on Google Maps

Default OKC Development on Google Maps

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this but I'm going to be adding stuff to this off and on all day long. I've already included a couple projects and will include more. I will eventually try and include everything including street and highway project, new light rail lines, and projects in Norman and Edmond as well as the other burbs. Feel free to add to it as I left it open for editing. I just colored blue for proposed and orange for U/C but feel free to make changes if you have a better idea. :)

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/ed...0.k6VwEG_cmKNg

2. Default Re: OKC Development on Google Maps

Not sure if you intended it, but I had to request access to even view the map (pending).

Default Re: OKC Development on Google Maps

How do I fix that?

Edit: I think I fixed it.

Ditto. Access denied without requesting.

I think I fixed it. Here's the new link: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...Ng&usp=sharing

That works. I'm excited about this. I love maps and being able to view everything on the map as it relates to each other. It think it gives a cool view of how the city is being developed. I loved the old one that we had.

Wow! This is great! I love it. One suggestion: Half of the streetcar route is a dark thin line instead of a wide brown line. Thanks for sharing this.

8. Default Re: OKC Development on Google Maps

also, a few projects are missing including the Cummings Building, the new flag hotel for Andy Patel, the Criterion Music Hall, so on.

Honestly, this is not a slam but instead it just shows how much is going on downtown even during this 'slump' in the economy.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Yeah I'm going to be constantly adding new projects and feel free to add any of your own the map is open to editing

Cool project. I like it a lot. Just from a quick glance you can add the Residential Colleges being added just across Lindsey from the stadium at OU, soon all of West Lindsey between I-35 and Flood, and a lot more to come now that Norman Forward has passed. Maybe at some point I'll try to add in some more Norman stuff.

Thanks. I know there a few pretty nice new residential developments going around OU. If no one else does, I'll dig them up later and add. I tried to add a couple Campus Corner projects. I didn't know if the 5 story one has finished up or not.

The maps car is in town. Seen twice in the past two weeks

Here's the link again: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...Ng&usp=sharing

I've added tons of stuff and I noticed some others have as well. Thank you. Feel free to add whatever I missed and I'm going to keep looking through to see what I missed and will add more to OU Campus area later.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Thanks. I know there a few pretty nice new residential developments going around OU. If no one else does, I'll dig them up later and add. I tried to add a couple Campus Corner projects. I didn't know if the 5 story one has finished up or not.
    The 5 story project on Campus Corner still has a ways to go.

I did notice a modern apartment project finishing up off Imhoff west of Chautauqua behind the 7-Eleven. Surprisingly, there haven't been many modern residential designs in Norman.

Is the urban project list still getting updated?

I know it's hard with the 100 article cap..

Great job on the map! Any idea of a timeline of the expansions of the freeways?

Quote Originally Posted by KayneMo View Post
    Great job on the map! Any idea of a timeline of the expansions of the freeways?
    Not too sure though I believe ODOT wants to prioritize the widening of 240 and I-40 pretty quickly so I'd guess within the next 5 years one of those highways gets widened.

They need to fix pinch points like the Crossroads interchange, not increase capacity. If they really need to blow a bunch of money, fixing 40/44 will be very expensive. 44 is easily the worst freeway in OKC.

That's not development though...

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    They need to fix pinch points like the Crossroads interchange, not increase capacity.
    I do agree with this. Before they add any capacity to freeways, the interchanges need to be fixed bad. I would also like to see money diverted to funding a light-rail system to give people the option before any new capacity is added as well.

Blog Entries

The map is cool but I'd make separate layers for certain types of developments so you can turn off the layers you don't want to see. For example I see you have some color coding going on. Well put each of those colors on a different layer maybe....

Blog Entries

Looks like you forgot the build north of Louie's that will be renovated and expanded.

What is Gigglez?

Blog Entries

new bar/comedy club to replace the midtown saturn grill

I added a bunch of more stuff and huge thanks to whoever grouped everything. Looks a lot better.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/ed...0.k6VwEG_cmKNg

25. Default Re: OKC Development on Google Maps

Great job. Thanks

Thread Information