Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OKC Development on Google Maps

Default Re: OKC Development on Google Maps

That was me. I hope the choice of color scheme for the parks and for the transit items is acceptable?

Looks great! Thanks a million!!!!

Here's the link again without having to go back to the second page: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/ed...0.k6VwEG_cmKNg

So I just added the new mixed-use development at Lincoln and I-44. It is a bit inaccurate bc the news article has the development at 134 acres and the area I drew it at it 175 acres so someone else or I will redraw it when the exact boundaries are defined.

I think pretty almost every project is included now and WOW. So much going on it's exciting. Now I want to see some more stuff happening in Downtown Edmond, Norman, and Guthrie. I would like to add Stillwater to it which I probably will just for fun.

- https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/ed...0.k6VwEG_cmKNg

^ I drew the northern boundary to Deep Fork in Google Earth and that came out to be 134 acres.

Don't forget the new Supercenter at SW 104th and I 44 (even though I would like to forget it), the BBB redevelopment, and the new law firm on S Walker by the river.

7. Default Re: OKC Development on Google Maps

I added the WM in Norman being built (the walls are up) and the 77 widening in Slaughterville.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Don't forget the new Supercenter at SW 104th and I 44 (even though I would like to forget it), the BBB redevelopment, and the new law firm on S Walker by the river.
    I'm not sure what they BBB development is but I added the new 44 Walmart and the law firm thing should be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I'm not sure what they BBB development is but I added the new 44 Walmart and the law firm thing should be there.
    Better Business Bureau at California and Dewey. NW corner. Complete gut and redevelopment.

Just wanted to say a huge thanks for this!!! This is helping me visualize new projects so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by tfvc.org View Post
    I added the WM in Norman being built (the walls are up) and the 77 widening in Slaughterville.
    Is that really gonna be a SC? or a NM?

12. Default Re: OKC Development on Google Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya61 View Post
    Is that really gonna be a SC? or a NM?
    http://www.okctalk.com/norman/38548-...n-walmart.html

I added some Stillwater stuff and one project in Chickisha, though that is probably as far as it should go or maybe it's too far.. idk. Anyhow, very impressive to see all that happening!

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/ed...0.k6VwEG_cmKNg

Stillwater stuff? You added 1 grocery store. Apparently Stillwater has a new craft brewery in downtown that I never heard of.

I always say if you're going to report on a geography, do it well, or don't do it at all.

Yeah. And an additional development called Bourbon St. I don't really care about Stillwater and as such I don't read their paper everyday or waste my time searching for building permits. So if there is anything you are aware of that I missed, please feel free to add to it. It is an open edit map for a reason.

Edit: There are a couple Zaxby's but I spent the better part of maybe 1-2 minutes before I decided I no longer wanted to pursue finding the exact locations where they are going, so I simply didn't add them.

You missed my point. If you don't really care about Stillwater, then why start with a grocery store and leave it at that?

Stick to what ya do well PluPan! Best advice I've ever gotten.

I have been trying to keep this updated. I also noticed others are as well so thank you. This is super exciting seeing everything that is going around the OKC metro!

- https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/ed...0.k6VwEG_cmKNg

Thanks for doing this.

I'm long overdue to update the Urban Projects list and then it would be good to make sure all of them are on the map.

Are you guys going to change projects over to on-hold?

I also think as stuff gets canceled its REALLY valuable to retain on these lists. I have a theory that all of this stuff eventually comes around, someone else is likely to have the same idea, etc.

We have a 'dead' project list.

What do you think should be moved to 'on-hold'?

For starters I would include AICC, OGE Tower, Gold Dome, since those things have some uncertainty.

OG&E is dead, not stalled and the other two are progressing.

Oh. So what does on-hold mean then? It literally just sits there with no talk or anything about it?

I guess what I'm saying is I don't see a need for designating anything as on hold.

I'm almost thinking this thread might deserve to be marked sticky. Very valuable resource. I've been helping out where I can too.

Thread Information