Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Sunnyside Diner

Default Re: Sunnyside Diner

Someone shared in another post that this would be going in the old Swadley's location at SW 89th and Western....

2. Default Re: Sunnyside DIner New Location

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    that's great news... still miss jim's, though.
    Miss the original Jim’s. Never cared much for Swadley’s version of Jim’s.

Very happy to be getting the Sunnyside on the south side though I was hoping it was going in the former Peking buffet at 12th & Broadway. Heard another diner is going in it though. Heard the name would be PJ’s.

Default Re: Sunnyside DIner New Location

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Miss the original Jim’s. Never cared much for Swadley’s version of Jim’s.
    i never made it out that way for the original but never had a bad experience with the current version... but maybe i liked it since i didn't have anything to compare it against.

I was hoping it was going in the former Peking buffet at 12th & Broadway. Heard another diner is going in it though.
    is that the old harry bear's on the north side of 12th? if so, didn't realize that place went out of business.

The "for lease" signs on that old Swadley's were conspicuously taken down about two or three weeks ago. Figured something was up.

5. Default Re: Sunnyside DIner New Location

Considering Sunnyside’s ownership connection to S&B/Coach’s I wonder if they will add the Denco Darlin’ to the Norman menu.

Awesome! That's about a mile from my home.

7. Default Re: Sunnyside DIner New Location

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    is that the old harry bear's on the north side of 12th? if so, didn't realize that place went out of business.
    Yes. Went out of business over the summer.... Around Labor Day.

I'm very excited for this! Since I live on the southside, and am not often on the west side of downtown, I've only gotten to eat there once, despite having some gift certificates. I'll be able to enjoy their food much more often with one closer by!

This new location at SW 89th and Western should he open by the end of the month per their FB page.

I wonder if this will help with the crowd/wait time at the other location...

Drove by late this morning, sign said OPEN!! Has anyone tried out this location yet??

DIned at the southside location today. Went at 11:00AM and the placed was packed with a 20 minute wait. Food and service were both good.

The location on MacArthur just south of Britton is now open.

Went to the original location this morning. No wait, five or six tables/booths open, for context. Ordered Steak and Eggs off the menu plus toast. Got cold eggs and a lukewarm steak; no fruit, hash browns or toast. Pointing that out to the food runner, she returned with the fruit cup on the fly. Never saw anyone at my table again until I flagged down my server to pay. When I pointed out the missing items, he pointed to the perfectly clean saucer the fruit cup came on and shrugged. He charged me full price. Tried to contact a manager, but none appeared, nor could I identify one. I gave up after several minutes Seems they have their plate full with expansion, or not... Bye Felicia.

I ate at both locations last week and had a great experience. Their breakfast burritos are outstanding.

I'll give the burritos a go when I visit the NW location. Only thing I've really liked so far is the hillbilly hash.

The 2nd and Broadway location for this is very close to opening. From https://twitter.com/eriechtapia/stat...09737942839297

April 15th: 🥞🥓🍳 @EatAtSunnyside

I have been told Sunnyside Diner is moving into the former Chelino's space in Quail Plaza. At the NE corner of Hefner Road and North May Avenue, it is the north end of the building fronting May Avenue.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    I have been told Sunnyside Diner is moving into the former Chelino's space in Quail Plaza. At the NE corner of Hefner Road and North May Avenue, it is the north end of the building fronting May Avenue.
    Are they moving the MacArthur location or just opening a new location?

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    Are they moving the MacArthur location or just opening a new location?
    No idea. I got the info from an adjoining business and I gotta admit I don’t pay attention to their business structure.

Popular Oklahoma City restaurant closed Friday after overnight fire

https://www.koco.com/article/oklahom...riday/45732106

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    Popular Oklahoma City restaurant closed Friday after overnight fire

https://www.koco.com/article/oklahom...riday/45732106
    Drove by yesterday. The damage did not seem too bad, although I am certain the smoke inside will keep it closed for a while while they decontaminate. The fire was mostly isolated to the patio area between them and Revolucion Tacos, but the wall/window nearest the patio on the Sunnyside side was badly damaged. And the fire seemed to have completely encompassed the lockbox where they store the propane for their space heaters. It seems to me a miracle there wasn't an explosion of some kind. Maybe those LP canisters are safer than I imagined!

Thread Information