Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1907 Burgers & Brews

Default Re: 1907 Burgers & Brews

I give this place half a year before it either changes the theme or shuts down. On one hand I like how it's very neat and upscale inside, but the food and the service aren't even meeting the level of Chili's or Applebees. This is Oklahoma -- you don't serve burgers and require a separate order for a side of fries!

If burgers not coming with sides, requiring you to order them if you want them, is the only thing wrong with this place I predict it will be open until the end of time, plus another day or two. A quick glance at their menu shows fries are $1.95, with the most expensive burger being $7.95. That's $10 for a burger and fries. Pretty much the same at Applebee's and Chili's. The difference being if you don't want fries at 1907, you're not paying for them. There is literally no downside here.

Again, this is with the most expensive burger on the menu. If you just want a bacon cheeseburger, that's $6.95. Bacon cheeseburger + fries for less than a Hamilton, WITH TAX. Can't get that at Applebee's or Chili's.

I'm totally fine with sides being separate. Not sure why that's such a big deal...

Quote Originally Posted by skwillz View Post
    I give this place half a year before it either changes the theme or shuts down. On one hand I like how it's very neat and upscale inside, but the food and the service aren't even meeting the level of Chili's or Applebees. This is Oklahoma -- you don't serve burgers and require a separate order for a side of fries!
    Hasn't hurt all the other places that do that...

You could adopt the red robin model and price bump for endless baskets of fries that are so awful you never want a second basket.

I don't mind RR fries (steak fries, not sure why they're called that).

Still haven't been. Haven't heard much chatter about this place and as a somewhat connected resident of Moore that's rather telling.

Skipped an opportunity to go on Sunday as we'd already decided we were going to Juan Del Fuegos and it sounds like we made the right decision as our friends that went were met with extremely slow service and apparently untrained/educated staff. Not sure about the food, I keep hearing the food is good but until I hear somebody say they finally fixed the service I'll continue to avoid this spot.

Quote Originally Posted by skwillz View Post
    Our burgers at 1907 were served WITH fries when we went. Apparently they changed this since I've been? We were surprised and commented about how we were excited it came with fries, because we are used to S&B which doesn't serve their burgers with fries. And S&B seems to be doing just fine despite that.

I believe they have closed the doors. No sign on the outside.

Google says permanently closed on it's listing.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_M View Post
    Google says permanently closed on it's listing.
    Been closed for a few months, at least in Moore.

Thread Information