Widgets Magazine

Thread: Meridian between I-40 and Reno

Default Meridian between I-40 and Reno

There is a "construction financed by" sign in the lot that used to be occupied by Outback Steakhouse--on the east side of Meridian between I-40 and Reno. Anyone know what is supposed to go in there?

Default Re: Meridian between I-40 and Reno

Does no one know about this?

I was purchased by the group that developed the Hampton Inn on Meridian and SW 15th.

No building permit yet but I suspect a small hotel.

Isn't that the area where there was supposedly going to be a 10 story hotel right along I-40?

Noticed last week there was some minor dirt work on this old Outback location

The city needs to stop issuing permits for that area. The traffic is already unbearable, plenty of land elsewhere to spread things out.

Quote Originally Posted by bchandler02 View Post
    The city needs to stop issuing permits for that area. The traffic is already unbearable, plenty of land elsewhere to spread things out.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by bchandler02 View Post
    One problem with the traffic there is that they do not have the lights between the intersections working in concert. Like, the lights at one intersection cause traffic flow that interferes with traffic flow from the next set of lights. This problem is even more amplified on MacArthur between Reno and I-40. (For some reason, the AADT is about the same for both though (~25k).

They really need a(nother) traffic engineer to help plan / program these things better. Like, we have a State Traffic Engineer but we don't even have an Assistant State Traffic Engineer - the position is unfilled.

Quote Originally Posted by fortpatches View Post
    One problem with the traffic there is that they do not have the lights between the intersections working in concert. Like, the lights at one intersection cause traffic flow that interferes with traffic flow from the next set of lights. This problem is even more amplified on MacArthur between Reno and I-40. (For some reason, the AADT is about the same for both though (~25k).

They really need a(nother) traffic engineer to help plan / program these things better. Like, we have a State Traffic Engineer but we don't even have an Assistant State Traffic Engineer - the position is unfilled.
    Wouldn't that be OKC's responsibility, not the state? Unless Reno, MacArthur, etc. are state roads, which I'm not sure about, but don't think they are.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Wouldn't that be OKC's responsibility, not the state? Unless Reno, MacArthur, etc. are state roads, which I'm not sure about, but don't think they are.
    Yes, I would assume so. I couldn't find info on who we actually have for the city. I just thought it was interesting that we don't even have the state position filled. If the state can't fill the position, I figured the City would have a harder time too since they would be pulling from the same well.

Quote Originally Posted by fortpatches View Post
    Yes, I would assume so. I couldn't find info on who we actually have for the city. I just thought it was interesting that we don't even have the state position filled. If the state can't fill the position, I figured the City would have a harder time too since they would be pulling from the same well.
    Stuart Chai? His name used to get thrown around a lot, not sure if he's still there. And I believe he's horrible at his job, IIRC.

Thread Information