Widgets Magazine

Thread: Taco Mayo

Default Taco Mayo

Has anyone noticed that the Taco Mayo on Broadway has closed? Looks like it's being remodeled for something.............

Default Re: Taco Mayo

I noticed it was gone a couple of months back. Then I drove by it last week and saw that someone was doing something to,it. Not sure what. It looked like they were painting the building black maybe.

Has anything been done with the one at Danforth and Santa Fe? It's been closed for quite a while. Don't get over to that part of Edmond too often. I was driving through the parking lot of the Kohls next door to it back in the winter and I saw a truck parked at the back of restaurant and a guy was loading a ladder into the back of the truck. I wondered at the time if something else was going there or if it was just someone doing,building maintenance or something.

The Taco Mayo at SW 59th & May was closed at one time and now it's reopened as a "Fresh Mex", which I assume is the chiptole/qdoba model. The Danforth location had already converted to that before they closed.

The Taco Mayo on Broadway is going to be a Klemm's Smoke Haus(food truck). I guess they are going "brick and mortar". https://twitter.com/KlemmsSmokeHaus/...17346182561792

Noticed yesterday that the Mayo on Santa Fe had a "Sold" sign on the realtors sign

Taco Mayo Guthrie is very much alive. Recently remodeled. People there love it, don't like Taco Bell. I think it (TM) smells weird, like Bueno at 2nd & Blvd.

7. Default Re: Taco Mayo

The old Taco Mayo on Santa Fe and Danforth is going to be a City Bites

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Given that you can't swing a dead cat around OK without hitting a taco place, I'm surprised Mayo held on as long as it did among the bigger name places.

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Interesting. My wife and I used to frequent that Taco Mayo several times a month and were disappointed when it closed. She just discovered City Bites and liked it and my last experience with City Bites (about a year ago) was pretty good, so having one close by will be nice. I ate at City Bites on a weekly basis back in the late 90's but then I moved and the location near my home at the time (NW Expressway near McCarthur) was awful so I quit eating City Bites altogether.

nm...
    Last edited by SoonerFP; 10-14-2015 at 03:14 PM. Reason: already answered

Quote Originally Posted by paz2203 View Post
    The Taco Mayo on Broadway is going to be a Klemm's Smoke Haus(food truck). I guess they are going "brick and mortar". https://twitter.com/KlemmsSmokeHaus/...17346182561792
    I guess someone likes them, but I swear the time I had them it was the grossest food with the word "smoke" in it I've ever eaten. Pretty bad for cheese fries with brisket.

I lived on Taco Mayo in college, but never eat mexican anymore, especially not fast food mexican. Still sad to see them go. I might actually go to that City Bite's from time to time though.

Thread Information