Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: General Weather Discussion - September 2015

Default Re: General Weather Discussion - September 2015

WOW, part of rural Payne County apparently got up to 3 in. of rain in two hours during Friday evening. Stillwater got bypassed by it, despite Mike Morgan acting excited about it. The biggest amount I've seen was .09" on the east side, otherwise zero. Meanwhile, the scattered storms to the north might make it to the OKC area as well as Stillwater, if there is enough of south direction to their movement.

PAYNE COUNTY FLOOD ADVISORY
    Message summary: The national weather service in norman has issued a
    * urban and small stream flood advisory for...
    Southeastern payne county in central oklahoma...
    * until 1030 pm cdt
    * at 732 pm cdt...national weather service radar indicated heavy rain that will cause urban and small stream flooding in the advisory area. Up to 3 inches of rain has fallen in the two hours...mainly from the eastern side of ripley to just north of cushing.
    * some locations that will experience minor flooding include ripley and cushing.

All major models develop showers and thunderstorms late tonight somewhere in the central parts of the state and slides them south and east.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    WOW, part of rural Payne County apparently got up to 3 in. of rain in two hours during Friday evening. Stillwater got bypassed by it, despite Mike Morgan acting excited about it. The biggest amount I've seen was .09" on the east side, otherwise zero. Meanwhile, the scattered storms to the north might make it to the OKC area as well as Stillwater, if there is enough of south direction to their movement.

PAYNE COUNTY FLOOD ADVISORY
    Message summary: The national weather service in norman has issued a
    * urban and small stream flood advisory for...
    Southeastern payne county in central oklahoma...
    * until 1030 pm cdt
    * at 732 pm cdt...national weather service radar indicated heavy rain that will cause urban and small stream flooding in the advisory area. Up to 3 inches of rain has fallen in the two hours...mainly from the eastern side of ripley to just north of cushing.
    * some locations that will experience minor flooding include ripley and cushing.
    From Facebook, how the rain wall from that storm looked like as it passed just to the south of Stillwater as viewed from the campus of OSU.

Too much dodging of the rain walls is making the drought come back in Oklahoma, unfortunately. I'm barely remaining in the white zone. Having had 3.04" of rain, so far, out of the average 4.13" for September must have helped.

Quote Originally Posted by venture View Post
    Haha...of course I will. Plus I'll actually miss the TV mets that are down there compared to up here. Ugh. Never thought I would miss Payne and Morgan's style.
    That's what I noticed as well from my move. Living in Nebraska, TV mets here aren't just the same. There was a tornado warning in my town a few weeks ago and the polygonal warning area was over the southeastern edge of the town, and yet no sirens. My weather radio kept me informed. At least there are some storms here, nights are super dark here.

Snapped this from some storms the other night.

Happy first day of Autumn!! Err..uhh.. Fall!! Whatever you wanna call it.

Consistent weather will continue over the next few days.

Slight chance for some rain very early Saturday morning as the low that is currently over Nebraska will fall apart as it heads S/SW. Best chances at this time look to be in W OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Consistent weather will continue over the next few days.

Slight chance for some rain very early Saturday morning as the low that is currently over Nebraska will fall apart as it heads S/SW. Best chances at this time look to be in W OK.
    So if I am planning an outdoor community event for 10 a.m. Saturday morning in south OKC, do I need to rent a tent? Will I need to pull the plug? How far out will we get an idea of exactly "when" and "where" the rain will hit?

*biting finger nails*

That post was in reference to the previous Saturday that we just had.

I will look at timing for this weekend this afternoon and see what we have, although Wednesday is much too early for an hourly timing of precip.

Quote Originally Posted by FritterGirl View Post
    So if I am planning an outdoor community event for 10 a.m. Saturday morning in south OKC, do I need to rent a tent? Will I need to pull the plug? How far out will we get an idea of exactly "when" and "where" the rain will hit?

*biting finger nails*
    Follow meteoroligist Shelby Hays from KOCO on Twitter (https://twitter.com/KOCOShelby). Her wedding is Saturday so she's been posting updates. 8 hours ago she tweeted "Rain chances Saturday lowering.... thank you, thank you!"

GFS gives us shot of morning rain tomorrow morning much like today, but further west. Mostly dry except far western OK, Saturday.

NAM gives rain tomorrow morning and Saturday morning.

Time for a new thread, isn't it?

True.

Thread Information