Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Businesses you would like to see in Mid-Del Area?

Default Re: Businesses you would like to see in Mid-Del Area?

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    JesStang,
    I have never been to Del Taco, so I shouldn't judge them, but isn't it just another Taco Bell/Taco Bueno/Taco Mayo type store? And by the way, have you tried Mid Del Taco? Not gourmet food, but fairly inexpensive ($.89 to $1.59 per taco depending on options), and pretty decent tacos. I can't speak for any of their other choices, I haven't tried them.
    C. T.
    It's a little different because it's more authentic but I don't really care about that, they just have a chicken burrito that I love lol. Some of their burritos are $6+ but they're huge. Kind of like Qdoba's.
    Even though I grew up in MWC, I've never had Mid Del Taco. I've heard it's good so I'll have to try it!

I've heard Revolve Pizza is good and quick. That'd be perfect for lunch!

Quote Originally Posted by JesStang View Post
    It's a little different because it's more authentic but I don't really care about that, they just have a chicken burrito that I love lol. Some of their burritos are $6+ but they're huge. Kind of like Qdoba's.
    Even though I grew up in MWC, I've never had Mid Del Taco. I've heard it's good so I'll have to try it!

I've heard Revolve Pizza is good and quick. That'd be perfect for lunch!
    Jes Stang,
    Thanks for the info, I will have to give them a try. Did you know that Mid Del Taco originally was Del Taco and the chain was going to take them to court over the name, so they changed it. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that they had the name first, but failed to register/copyright it. It seemed pretty silly at the time since there wasn't a Del Taco place in Oklahoma, but now they are here.
    C. T.

3. Default Re: Businesses you would like to see in Mid-Del Area?

JDid you know that Mid Del Taco originally was Del Taco and the chain was going to take them to court over the name, so they changed it. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that they had the name first, but failed to register/copyright it. It seemed pretty silly at the time since there wasn't a Del Taco place in Oklahoma,
    That is the story I have always heard about the name change too.

Quaker Steak and Lube and a crest like the one in Norman.

5. Default Re: Businesses you would like to see in Mid-Del Area?

Earl's isn't terrible...My wife loves it. I much, MUCH prefer Spencer's. I've been meaning to try the place at 29th and Douglas called Judge's.

Del Taco is...Okay. But I lived in SoCal for a decade and they're everywhere. They're drunk food at 3 am because the real restaurants aren't open. Which is fine, they're great for the niche they're in.

I'd love a GOOD Chinese restaurant. But I've not found that anywhere in OKC, so I won't hold my breath for MWC to get one.

Pizza...I ain't picky about. I love it all. I even love the low-calorie diet frozen pizza. If you could make your shoe look like a slice of pizza, my brain will tell my tongue that it tastes good and I'd eat it all.

I'd love to have a theater. That's my biggest want, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    Baja Jacks

Goldie's

Cafe 7
    Are there any Goldies left in OKC? I think there is still one in Tulsa.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Are there any Goldies left in OKC? I think there is still one in Tulsa.
    Jeepnokc,
    No, but there are nine Goldie's, four of them in Tulsa, and the others are in Owasso, Claremore, Pryor, Broken Arrow, and Bartlesville.
    C. T.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    I've been meaning to try the place at 29th and Douglas called Judge's.
    I haven't heard anything about Judge's, I'm looking forward to trying it.
    C. T.

9. Default Re: Businesses you would like to see in Mid-Del Area?

I haven't heard anything about Judge's, I'm looking forward to trying it.
    C. T.
    It's basically a Johnnie's knock-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    I'd love a GOOD Chinese restaurant. But I've not found that anywhere in OKC, so I won't hold my breath for MWC to get one.
    I won't speak personally, but several people say that Pei Wei is pretty good. They are building a new location just East of Old Chicago. I looked at their menu and don't see anything that I would order.
    C. T.

I'm not sure where this belongs, but I noticed in this morning's DOK that On the Border has bought property between Air Depot and I-40. Not sure what that means, it doesn't look like an ideal place for a restaurant.
    C. T.

12. Default Re: Businesses you would like to see in Mid-Del Area?

I'm not sure where this belongs, but I noticed in this morning's DOK that On the Border has bought property between Air Depot and I-40. Not sure what that means, it doesn't look like an ideal place for a restaurant.
    C. T.
    I believe it's the property where the Bamboo Room was located

13. Default Re: Businesses you would like to see in Mid-Del Area?

I won't speak personally, but several people say that Pei Wei is pretty good. They are building a new location just East of Old Chicago. I looked at their menu and don't see anything that I would order.
    C. T.
    I've had it. It's passable and would do in a pinch. Some things are really good, some...Not so much.

14. Default Re: Businesses you would like to see in Mid-Del Area?

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    I believe it's the property where the Bamboo Room was located
    I noticed that the Bamboo Room was moving, and was wondering why. It's actually a VERY good location for a restaurant. It's on 29th (with everything else), faces I-40, won't have to be in the middle of the Town Center traffic, and has access to onramps to the highway in both directions. I don't personally like On the Border, and can't say I think it will last with Ted's so close, but I'd take that over the Bamboo Room. LOL

Jeepnokc,
    No, but there are nine Goldie's, four of them in Tulsa, and the others are in Owasso, Claremore, Pryor, Broken Arrow, and Bartlesville.
    C. T.
    And they are so good, I don't understand why the closed everywhere else. I think they had poor management for awhile, but that seems to have gotten better lately. Still haven't found a burger around here that holds a candle to Goldie's (except mine, of course).

Pei Wei opens today according to an article in the business section of today's DOK.
    C. T.

17. Default Re: Businesses you would like to see in Mid-Del Area?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    And they are so good, I don't understand why the closed everywhere else. I think they had poor management for awhile, but that seems to have gotten better lately. Still haven't found a burger around here that holds a candle to Goldie's (except mine, of course).
    Look at Interurban. No matter where they go, they always seemed to stay busy, but they also always seemed to close....then rebuild nearby, then close...the cycle never ended. Only recently when they stopped and focused on the existing locations, did they get some stability.

GOLDIE'S!!! YUM!!!! They ask "Mayo or mustard?" I say "Neither, it doesn't need anything!"

Quote Originally Posted by Head View Post
    GOLDIE'S!!! YUM!!!! They ask "Mayo or mustard?" I say "Neither, it doesn't need anything!"
    Head,
    My order is "lettuce, tomato, and onion, no mustard or mayonnaise (or "dry")". I used to eat burgers with nothing but salt and pepper, but I learned to enjoy the vegetables and of course, cheese. We always enjoyed Goldie's. They have been around for a long time, but just can't seem to make it in the OKC metro area.
    C. T.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    I noticed that the Bamboo Room was moving, and was wondering why. It's actually a VERY good location for a restaurant. It's on 29th (with everything else), faces I-40, won't have to be in the middle of the Town Center traffic, and has access to onramps to the highway in both directions. I don't personally like On the Border, and can't say I think it will last with Ted's so close, but I'd take that over the Bamboo Room. LOL
    I'm so excited for On the Border! They're by-far my favorite franchise Mexican food. Their flour tortillas are homemade (which is few and far between, sadly) and their empanadas and queso are delicious. This is a great addition to MWC, IMO!

21. Default Re: Businesses you would like to see in Mid-Del Area?

Sprouts would be awesome. Just sayin...

What is about at S.E 15th and S.Sooner Rd. There were empty land and last of May 2015 were torn down Sooner Rose School. So now what have a planning to a new building next year in 2016? So do you have any idea of this planning?

23. Default Re: Businesses you would like to see in Mid-Del Area?

It was purely speculative purchasing by the bank that bought out Sooner Rose. That huge chunk of land has been vacant for 60+ years. The couple of other shops, like the auto auction, that got destroyed in the may 3rd tornado thankfully never came back. It's near the highway, but not visible from it. It's quite large too. So I wouldn't hold my breath that anything is in the pipes, and honestly, I don't know how much of it is contiguously owned.....check the assessor's website for that info. If the ownership is divided, then you wont see much happen.

MW City is having a planning hearing on Feb 2 at 6pm to create a PUD for retail at that location. This will be combining the school property with several other pieces.
    Sooner development has the development contract with MW City to put this together.

I'd love for more Entertainment, (whether it be movie theater, mini golf, bowling etc) , I want a Michaels back & a Jo-Ann's (i'm a crafter) , I've had Del Taco & they were ok imo, a lil cheaper than Taco Bueno but their meat was a bit spicy for my liking , I'm excited abt getting an oncue at 23rd & Douglas & wish there more more food options on the north side of Reno lol (I live off ne10th), , maybe Mardel could come back to mwc in the space that Hobby Lobby is going to vacate.. , I'd also love to see some smaller independent bakeries so if I want a special BD Cake , I don't have to go out of my way or just settle for Walmart/ Crest etc..

Thread Information