Widgets Magazine

Thread: World of Beer

1. Norman World of Beer

I didn't see a thread for this. World of Beer is being built in front of Academy in the TIF district in Norman.

World of Beer - Home

https://www.facebook.com/World-of-Be...5415666806274/

550 beers. Tavern food.

Default Re: World of Beer

Came here looking for a thread, hoping somebody would know when they are opening. IM'd their FB page but haven't received a response. I'm beyond excited at the possibility of a bar nearby that takes craft beer seriously. Hopefully they'll fill that void!

3. Default Re: World of Beer

Quote Originally Posted by bille View Post
    Came here looking for a thread, hoping somebody would know when they are opening. IM'd their FB page but haven't received a response. I'm beyond excited at the possibility of a bar nearby that takes craft beer seriously. Hopefully they'll fill that void!
    Looking at the structure. It could be a another six months. Nothing official though.

Does anybody have an update on this project? Seems to be in the works for quite some time now.

Seriously, this and Corner Bakery...what gives? It felt like it took Chili's 2 weeks to build. Same with the new Metro Shoe Warehouse.

When I was in OKC last month, I stopped at Corner Bakery on Memorial. I spoke with the manager and she stated the deal fell through for both the Norman location and the NW 122 & McArthur location.

Quote Originally Posted by OK_Astro View Post
    Does anybody have an update on this project? Seems to be in the works for quite some time now.
    I was at Torchy's this morning and noticed there are for lease signs up in the windows of the spot where WOB was supposed to go and the interior is completely empty. Guess it is dead.

The passage of s.q. 792 may have been the final straw in making WOB unique in a high cost area to do business.

my friend was the health inspector for the area in norman, and she says that while they were able to get the plans approved for the food permit, she said that everytime she talked to them, they still had hoops to go through with ABLE, and that it was that they kept fighting with ABLE till they just gave up... if anything the passage of 792, might be enough to get them to try again...

Thread Information