Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who has the best burgers in town?

Default Re: Who has the best burgers in town?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    If I remember correctly, it was Irma's a few years ago that started a mandatory added gratuity on their orders? I am curious if they are they still doing that?
    I visited the Midtown location recently and no such gratuity was added to my bill. However, the burger was still pretty average, imo. So I'm probably done with Irmas. Will stick with the Garage or S&B

I don't know if there is a "best" burger in town, but I sure have my favorites at just about every establishment that's been listed. (Although I usually only go to Ron's for chili, not burgers). The Huevos Ranchero burger at Garage is likely my favorite in the metro.

3. Default Re: Who has the best burgers in town?

Quote Originally Posted by TexanOkie View Post
    The Huevos Ranchero burger at Garage is likely my favorite in the metro.
    That is my goto burger at The Garage... I usually get an additional patty and add grilled onions and jalapenos to it.

I don't know if there is a "best" burger in town, but I sure have my favorites at just about every establishment that's been listed. (Although I usually only go to Ron's for chili, not burgers). The Huevos Ranchero burger at Garage is likely my favorite in the metro.
    A more relative question (and follow up): Whats your favorite burger in town and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    If I remember correctly, it was Irma's a few years ago that started a mandatory added gratuity on their orders? I am curious if they are they still doing that?
    I don't think so, I did not notice that on my bill.

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    A more relative question (and follow up): Whats your favorite burger in town and why?
    My only experience at The Garage is the one in Midtown, so I suppose I'm sticking with their Huevos Ranchero burger as my favorite in town. Burger, tortillas, egg, green chiles--what more could you ask for?

My only experience at The Garage is the one in Midtown, so I suppose I'm sticking with their Huevos Ranchero burger as my favorite in town. Burger, tortillas, egg, green chiles--what more could you ask for?
    What more could I ask for? Cheese, jalapenos, and salsa. I've not had that burger but I do enjoy the Garage and I'll bet for a little more, they will add those three items.
    C. T.

The egg-o-nater (The Garage)... Mmmmm

I tried the Garage on 240 and it is very tasty. I like the Spicy Sriracho Bleu Burger. As a bonus, it is next to Omerta Cigar Lounge so I can follow up with a good cigar and great scotch.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    What more could I ask for? Cheese, jalapenos, and salsa. I've not had that burger but I do enjoy the Garage and I'll bet for a little more, they will add those three items.
    C. T.
    The menu's description of the Huevos Ranchero Burger is as follows:
    This one takes a fork and a knife! A flour tortilla topped with choice of protein, fried egg, queso, chipotle ranch, fire roasted salsa, pico de gallo, sour cream, tortilla strips.
    It really does require a knife and fork.

The menu's description of the Huevos Ranchero Burger is as follows:

It really does require a knife and fork.
    Yes, but I noticed it said a "choice of protein" which makes me think, I get one of them. But I am more than willing to pay for what I want.
    C. T.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    Yes, but I noticed it said a "choice of protein" which makes me think, I get one of them. But I am more than willing to pay for what I want.
    C. T.
    Choice of protein is either a beef, turkey, veggie or buffalo burger (I think buffalo has a slight upcharge)

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    Choice of protein is either a beef, turkey, veggie or buffalo burger (I think buffalo has a slight upcharge)
    Well, egg is protein, but the name of the burger says it is included, and cheese is protein but it doesn't mention it so I suspect there is a charge for adding cheese.
    C. T.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica N View Post
    Patty Wagon is my fave burger. Located at N May and NW 35th St in an old Whataburger building.
    Yes, this place is on the money.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    Yes, this place is on the money.
    do they serve beer? been wondering if this place was good before Energy games

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    do they serve beer? been wondering if this place was good before Energy games
    The last time I was in they didn't.

I'm glad we've progressed as a city. 15-20 years ago, you probably would have gotten Johnnie's as an answer. But it's also been about that long since Johnnies was worth a damn either.

Thread Information