Widgets Magazine

Thread: S&B Burger and Jimmy's Egg coming to Mustang

Mustang S&B Burger and Jimmy's Egg coming to Mustang

Looks like they are building a free standing building in the parking lot and open space in front of the newly remodeled Stage/Hibbett building. Also says Orange Leaf will be moving into this new building.

This is great additions, but there is a lot of empty space still in the recently renovated building and not sure that these projects wouldn't have been better suited elsewhere. Regardless, I'll take variety.

New Mustang Restaurants 1.jpg

New Mustang Restaurants 2.jpg

Default Re: S&B Burger and Jimmy's Egg coming to Mustang

Awesome! Love S&B's, now I don't have to go downtown for a great burger.

Agreed been waiting for a good burger place to come to Mustang. Interesting that Jimmys Egg is coming with Ihop about to open.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_M View Post
    Awesome! Love S&B's, now I don't have to go downtown for a great burger.
    There is a S&B's at I-240 and Walker, much closer than downtown. Personally, I will not eat at a burger place that charges .35 if I wanted to add pickles, or any other ingredient to a hamburger. There are much better burgers anyway. I would like to see a Garage Burger or Tuckers or even 5 Guys before I have an S&B. They do have good burgers, I just don't like them charging extra for whatever you want on it....nobody does that.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. pepper View Post
    There is a S&B's at I-240 and Walker, much closer than downtown. Personally, I will not eat at a burger place that charges .35 if I wanted to add pickles, or any other ingredient to a hamburger. There are much better burgers anyway. I would like to see a Garage Burger or Tuckers or even 5 Guys before I have an S&B. They do have good burgers, I just don't like them charging extra for whatever you want on it....nobody does that.
    They are putting in a Garage Burgers by the outlet mall, so getting closer. I agree I'd have rather had a 5 guys on this side of town.

Well my Wife says no fried burgers so can anyone tell me which places cook them on a grill? (I know Johnnys, Interurban and (I shudder to say) Burger King). Who else of thse newer chains? Thks

I know 5 guys does cause you can watch them. Other than that I really don't know.

Wow 35 cents is a pretty fine line for writing off an entire establishment. Personally I don't think Five Guys burgers have near the flavor of the locals. My wife is from the east coast where they're everywhere so they might've been overhyped in my head before I ever tried them. I'll take S&B's and the Garage over Five Guys anytime.

Mike M, it is not the 35 cents, the reason for writing off the establishment is the reason I gave in my statement. That is just plain stupid in my opinion. I like their food, but their are many good hamburger joints....... who does not charge extra for a cryin pickle..... that I will give my money to. One of the things I like about five guys is how you order your burger, just tell them what you want on it. No asking to take this off and add that.....very simple and the burgers are always delicious.....and free peanuts!

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. pepper View Post
    I disagree. The burgers are phenomenally good to start with, but if you want to modify them, it's worth a slight upcharge to get them tweaked just right for your own taste. You can't even mail a letter for .35. Mustang is in desperate need of restaurants without drive thrus and this addition is a step in the right direction.

I see The Garage is going in by the new Ted's at the Outlet mall. I much prefer it to S&B's and they are both about the same distance from me.

I will be surprised if the S&B makes it over 2 years. There just is not enough traffic in Mustang on the weekends to sustain it IMO.

Sure seems to be a significant increase in traffic nowadays in comparison to 5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by dalelakin View Post
    I will be surprised if the S&B makes it over 2 years. There just is not enough traffic in Mustang on the weekends to sustain it IMO.
    I hope you're being sarcastic. Not enough traffic on the weekends... Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by dalelakin View Post
    LMAO. nice joke.

Took these photos yesterday.

First photo is the east elevation which will be the S&B entrance; there will also be a small patio.

2nd is the west elevation which will be Jimmy's Egg.

Inside photo is the S&B space and then the floor plan for that restaurant. They hope to open in 45 days and are really jamming now.

Love having more options in Mustang!

Wow 45 days is really pushing it. But hey I'm ready for the new options.

Looks like the 4th spot in this 4-plex is now filled. It is going to be a phone repair shop known as Jumptronics.

S&B getting very close to opening... Next week or two.

I think they are aiming for the 18th for the official opening. Wish I could snag an invite to the soft opening, that would be cool.

They open tomorrow, Saturday April 16th.

Thread Information