Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meatball House

Default Meatball House

It appears that the old Café Plaid location will be the home for a new eatery and a new concept come September. This sounds like it has the potential to be a success based on the ownership and uniqueness of the offering.

Wall to wall meatballs: Meatball House coming to Campus Corner - Norman Transcript: NTown

2. Default Re: Meatball House

Sounds like something I would drive down there to try... Definitely would when I'm down there for basketball games.

Default Re: Meatball House

The title itself has my stomach rumbling. Now, at 11:30 p.m. in small-town Oklahoma, there's nowhere to go for meatballs.

This is making me happy. That part of Boyd has seen a lot of me recently, though only occasionally for meals. This could be a game changer on that regard.

I'm telling you now.....this is going to be the spot!!! In my monthly travels to NYC...."The Meatball Shop" in Brooklyn/Williamsburg is always a MUST. I don't know, that you can really call it a food "concept," as its just meatballs served 79 different ways...but there are so many different options/varieties of meats, that you can use. I am so excited about this one! In the past few years, after the Fat Sandwich company closed down, Fuzzys had become my new favorite drunken gameday stop. But, I can see this place being near and dear to me on GameDays!!!!

I posted a link below. (Yes......I know that the link below, is NOT for the "Meatball House" mentioned in this theread......but, I'm confident that it will give you a realistic idea of what to expect in regards to food options from "Meatball House.") My mouth is already watering!!!!

Food - The Meatball Shop

Hey everyone - I'm working with Andrew and Rudy on Meatball House and wanted to post our menu for you. You can see it on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4752188&type=3

We don't have a 100% on the opening date - but are aiming for mid-September. Gotta get that liquor license first! We're hiring, too, so if you know anyone that's into slingin' balls, send 'em our way!

Uh oh. Early reports not very good. Heard from 3 entirely different groups that portions were small (even for sliders), and prices were high for what you get. I asked about food quality and the response was "it's fine". Sorry, but I don't know specifically what the different people ordered.

Any positive reports? I would love this place to be successful. Hopefully the early reports are just growing pains.

8. Default Re: Meatball House

Quote Originally Posted by positano View Post
    Uh oh. Early reports not very good. Heard from 3 entirely different groups that portions were small (even for sliders), and prices were high for what you get. I asked about food quality and the response was "it's fine". Sorry, but I don't know specifically what the different people ordered.

Any positive reports? I would love this place to be successful. Hopefully the early reports are just growing pains.
    Ya I am giving it a couple of weeks before I try. I haven't had anyone from campus tell me they have gone yet.

I find the menu a bit limited?

9. Default Re: Meatball House

I went for a practice night a little over a week ago and thought it was pretty excellent. I also felt like the prices were pretty good; in fact we all tried to analyze the menu from a college student's perspective and felt like it was pretty well-priced for that market, much less for those of us who aren't students any more.

There are two parts to this post: a review and a question.

Review: My wife and I tried this place out for the first time several months ago, not knowing what to expect. I've never been a huge fan of meatballs, but she loves them. I ordered whatever the menu item is that's essentially spaghetti with meatballs, in meat sauce. It was only okay. My wife ate one of their custom order options, though and loved it. About a month later, we went back and I also tried one of the custom orders. It was amazing. The custom orders give about five stages with several options at each stage--(1) how many balls (1, 2, or 3), (2) what kind of balls (beef, pork, beef + pork, lamb, turkey, fish-tato, veggie), (3) what kind of sauce (tomato, mushroom, gorgonzola, BBQ, meat, chimichurri), (4) cheese (parmesan, gorgonzola, provolone), and (5) how it's served (sandwhich, with salad, with focaccia). I didn't feel like I was that hungry when we went back (mostly because I still had the mediocre first experience in mind), so I only ordered one beef + pork ball with tomato sauce and parmesan, served with the salad. It was really good, and the salad especially was good. I can't place what their house dressing is, but it complemented the meat perfectly. What's more, just one ball and the salad was enough food to satisfy my hunger (for $3.50, btw). We go back regularly now, and I've tried the lamb and turkey balls, mushroom and BBQ sauces, but always get my meatballs served with the salad. The best combo I've had thus far are turkey meatballs with mushroom sauce and provolone. Anyway, I highly recommend this place. Not a highball-type restaurant and not a hole-in-the-wall, either, but for that in-between niche with fast-food-like prices, it's become one of my favorite restaurants in the metro.

Question: Meatball House posted a photo on Twitter recently indicating that they were expanding with a new location in Deep Deuce somewhere (which will be much more convenient for us, since we live in Gatewood), but I couldn't tell from the photo where the location was. Does anyone here have any info on where Meatball House's Deep Deuce location will be?

It will be in Maywood II.

12. Default Re: Meatball House

Ok they are redoing the menu and name (House 333). Got a sneak peak on Friday last week:

The deletion of pork and beef n pork is not a positive. I think they may be getting a little far afield here. I really enjoyed the beef and beef and pork whenever I went to eat there. When going with a group it seems the fish balls or veggie balls were not being ordered.

That is probably true. As a vegetarian I appreciate the veggie options and there appear to be plenty on this menu.

15. Default Re: Meatball House

Quote Originally Posted by CCOKC View Post
    That is probably true. As a vegetarian I appreciate the veggie options and there appear to be plenty on this menu.
    I had the veggie and fishtato meatballs the last time I was there and they were 10/10.

If they are as good as the aforementioned pork n beef they were scrumptious. However deleting the pork option from a place that specializes in meatballs and offering pita rolls, jerk chicken, and honey chicken wraps seems to me to be a restaurant that is trying to figure out what it is.

Unless I missed something the Deep Deuce location never opened. Does anyone know why?

18. Default Re: Meatball House

Quote Originally Posted by Timshel View Post
    Unless I missed something the Deep Deuce location never opened. Does anyone know why?
    Nope. You didn't miss anything.... In fact I had totally forgot they were looking at Deep Deuce until you mentioned it.... Don't know why though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    If they are as good as the aforementioned pork n beef they were scrumptious. However deleting the pork option from a place that specializes in meatballs and offering pita rolls, jerk chicken, and honey chicken wraps seems to me to be a restaurant that is trying to figure out what it is.
    Possibly why they changed the name.

Blog Entries

I guess "Ball House" was out of the question....

Quote Originally Posted by Timshel View Post
    Just been delayed.

I've been assured it is still happening.

Blog Entries

See my post in the Maywood thread. All the signage that's up is for places not named Meatball House or House 333. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.ph...89#post1021989

23. Default Re: Meatball House

That’s correct. Black Walnut, Grey Sweater, La Baguette.

I've been told the one on Boyd is closed now.

25. Default Re: Meatball House

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    I've been told the one on Boyd is closed now.
    No social media activity since November and no new reviews in last two months.... Just guessing here but I'd guess you were told correctly.

Last time I was there was for the TCU/OU game in October.

Thread Information