Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Saj Lebanese (formerly Cultivar)

Default Re: Cultivar

What if we removed another lane from Broadway and widened the sidewalks even more? How awesome would that be? 2 lanes are more than enough for Broadway 99% of the time IMO. More accessible patios for all!

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    What if we removed another lane from Broadway and widened the sidewalks even more? How awesome would that be? 2 lanes are more than enough for Broadway 99% of the time IMO. More accessible patios for all!
    I dunno about that.. I have to say I am surprised at how busy Broadway has been when I am over there these days. I always comment of how lively it is as compared to before when it was a wide road with no traffic or life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    I dunno about that.. I have to say I am surprised at how busy Broadway has been when I am over there these days. I always comment of how lively it is as compared to before when it was a wide road with no traffic or life.
    Isn't that cool though? There are a lot more places to go now, and a lot more places that are fun to walk to or between. And a LOT more people who now live within walking distance. SO. MUCH. POTENTIAL. Broadway is the perfect place to see what kind of impact the streetcar can have. Can't wait!

Wife and I got some takeout here last night from the "build-your-own" line. I dunno if they were going for a local version of Chipotle, but that's basically what it is, and what I feel people will likely compare it to. That being said, the space is awesome. I love when restaurants make the indoor and patio space connect. And it has very comfortable design. Would be a cool place to catch a game or grab a bite with friends

I agree with the other posters in saying that the assembly line experience is pretty overwhelming. It really feels like there are too many ingredients. Imagine if all of Chipotle's add-ins were separated out instead of mixed together. For example, the red and green bell peppers are separate ingredients and count as 2 of your 3 included ingredients. Also I remember raw mushrooms and dill pickles. I mean to each his own, but these things seemed very out of place.

It might have just been the person that helped me, but she really offered me no guidance. I had to guess and ask what every single thing was. They have 2 kinds of rice and 3 (maybe 4?) kinds of beans, and I had to ask about each instead of her leading the way. Then she just kind of stared at me as I just went "deer in the headlights" over the multitude of add-ins. I just blindly picked stuff, and after 2, she just said "one more". Like I didn't even realize I only got 3. I know there is some signage, but it's kind of all over the place so it's really difficult to focus when you're in line.

By the way, no pico, guac, or lettuce in the regular line. I didn't see lettuce at all, and the pico and guac are off to the side almost out of sight. By that time I saw any of it, she had already snapped the lid shut and handed it to me to pay, so I kind of gave up from there.

All that said, the food is very good. I had the Barbacoa beef bowl and my wife got the carne asada bowl. Both were super tasty, but I definitely missed the fresh ingredients like pico or lettuce. The containers are kind of weird to me. I like that they are big enough that my food won't spill, but compared to the amount of food you get, they seem way oversized.

Overall, This is a perfect concept for downtown if done right. The food is very good, and I'm sure the sit-down experience is probably a great experience. Considering that I have a point of reference in Chipotle, which is cheaper with larger portions of food, I unfortunately can't co-sign on the 'build-your-own' line at this point. But like Pete said, they've only been open a few weeks, I'm sure they'll work this stuff out.

There are lots of Add-Ins that might not make sense for a Bowl. however keep in mind that is the same line that you build a salad and all those go great in the Salad. Ad for the lettuce there are 6 huge bins behind the person filling your order, you have many choices as to type of lettuce you want for salads. I am sure they would add it to your bowl as well but who knows.

They are adding a curb-side pickup in the alley behind for carry out orders:

hmmm... this is relevant to my interests. -M

Cultivar planning to sponsor a Cinco de Mayo fest by closing off 7th between Broadway and Oklahoma and having live music, games and of course food, drinks and beer.

9. Default Re: Cultivar

So...will this be going on simultaneous to the longstanding Cinco de Mayo activities two blocks away at Iguana?

This place has a quality problem, with both service and food. It's a real shame - it seems like such a bulletproof concept and it's an awesome space and I want it to be good whenever I go. It just isn't though.

11. Default Re: Cultivar

I went twice in the first few weeks that they opened. While I didn't have a horrible experience, I haven't really been excited about going back with all the other options right around there, and around OKC. I haven't written it off completely, it has a great feel inside, the chips / salsa / queso are great and some of the tacos I've had are good. I need to give it another chance, however I've continued to hear underwhelming reviews from friends / coworkers, etc.

I went yesterday for lunch.

I got the chips/salsa, carne asada taco, & pork taco. The taco's were small. Felt overpriced for the quantity. They were pretty good though and I especially liked the hot sauce on the table.

The salsa was good, but I wasn't that big of a fan on the chips. They were a little thick/hard for my liking.

we have enjoyed it every time we have went.. the one thing I keep hearing from people is they think its a bit over priced for what it is. but they seem to be doing great business.

I've also had good, consistent food on every visit.

They are certainly doing great business.

I also understand they are moving forward on their plans for the rooftop deck, which should be amazing. As in, one of the best and most unique spots in all of OKC.

I've been about five times and each was a very good experience. One time I didn't like the taco I got, but that was just a personal preference and me trying something new. They've consistently been good, in my opinion.

16. Default Re: Cultivar

I've been 4 or 5 times and the food was great every time. However, the staff have been consistently unfriendly and sometimes (like the other day) just flat our rude. I'm a big fan of the food, but I don't know if I'll be going again anytime soon simply due to the staff, which is a shame.

17. Default Re: Cultivar

I've become a little annoyed at showing up during the lunch hour to see the same table (directly across from a TV) with a sign on it saying the table is "out of service." Obviously the boss is saving this table for himself or someone else. Its happened a couple of times and it's off-putting to say the least. I've also seen the owner preferring to sit at this table at other times - so, I assume he's doing it for himself. Not a good idea during busy times.

Blog Entries

had a good first experience this past weekend

I went yesterday and really enjoyed everything. We sat outside at the bar and it's just a great atmosphere. The cheeseburger taco in particular was fantastic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	131 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	12604

21. Default Re: Cultivar

I went this Saturday around 5:00, and it wasn't very crowded... but we didn't expect it to be at an off time. It was my first time in a few months, as my experience was good the first 2 times, but it wasn't something that I was going to add to my regular rotation due to the price point for my appetite. They have a happy hour discount for food and drinks, and we got a large queso, large salsa and small guac for a total of $16 (for the amount of food we got, I don't think it was unreasonable). We sat at the bar, but it didn't look like they had changed their ordering system at the taco/burrito line from the first time I went. The space is very large, and I think that Larry did a great job. Our experience was good enough that we may go back and try ordering a full meal at the bar. I hope they do well, because I think the concept is needed and the space is very cool (especially if they add a rooftop bar). I haven't been, but I imagine that they do a steady lunch business.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    I went this Saturday around 5:00, and it wasn't very crowded... but we didn't expect it to be at an off time. It was my first time in a few months, as my experience was good the first 2 times, but it wasn't something that I was going to add to my regular rotation due to the price point for my appetite. They have a happy hour discount for food and drinks, and we got a large queso, large salsa and small guac for a total of $16 (for the amount of food we got, I don't think it was unreasonable). We sat at the bar, but it didn't look like they had changed their ordering system at the taco/burrito line from the first time I went. The space is very large, and I think that Larry did a great job. Our experience was good enough that we may go back and try ordering a full meal at the bar. I hope they do well, because I think the concept is needed and the space is very cool (especially if they add a rooftop bar). I haven't been, but I imagine that they do a steady lunch business.
    I go for lunch about once a week, sometimes more. It's always 90% full, so I think they're doing well.

Went last night about 8PM and there were 20-30 people there.

24. Default Re: Cultivar

As per their FB page.... Cultivar began serving breakfast this morning.

25. Default Re: Cultivar

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    As per their FB page.... Cultivar began serving breakfast this morning.
    Does anyone know what time? I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Thread Information