Widgets Magazine
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213

Thread: Saj Lebanese (formerly Cultivar)

Default Re: Saj Lebanese (formerly Cultivar)

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    Here are a couple of pics Attachment 17567

Attachment 17568
    Looks like some good baked kibbeh, hashweh and yebra.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Yeah, not sure why they can't just take a pic of the board (or create an electronic version, since most days are probably the same-ish) and post it on their website/FB page daily, we're almost 1/4 of the way into the 21st century...
    I had sent them a message asking if there was a link to menu with prices. Fast response that they should have it on the website this week. Looks like this will be a great place to add into our rotation,

Quote Originally Posted by Mantison View Post
    Pete, not exactly on topic, but kind of... As I approach 11 years of visiting this site, I have to say thank you for all you have done and continue to do for this area. Not sure how long you had been doing this before I stumbled upon this site, but my life is certainly better for having this resource.

Thank you sir.
    +1000

We don't want to take threads off topic, but I hope Pete knows how appreciated he is in this community. I moved out of OKC over a decade ago, but love keeping up with everything as I still visit regularly. I really love knowing what's going on. I feel more connected to OKC than any other place, even my hometown of Tulsa and Norman where I lived longer. Thanks, Pete!

I stopped by recently when there was the freak thunderstorm that took electricity out for half an hour or so. I had the grape leaves and they were some of the better ones I've had. I dont' get them often, and having said that it was top 3 for sure. Sides were fatoosh salad and tabouli. The salad was a little bland, but the tabouli I will definitely get again.

My roommate had the chicken shawarma. We went in closer to closing and it was a little dry.

learned that saj was the name of a cooking device and usually used for bread, which is what they hang their hat on and also sell separately.

Blog Entries

My weekend chicken shwarma was also dry, unfortunately

I'll hand the feedback over when I go back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by soonergolfer View Post
    Looks like some good baked kibbeh, hashweh and yebra.
    They also do kibbeh nayeh on Saturdays.

Saj now has their full menu posted, along with drinks.

Really extensive and they have been getting great reviews on Yelp:

https://sajokc.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Saj now has their full menu posted, along with drinks.

Really extensive and they have been getting great reviews on Yelp:

https://sajokc.com/
    Menu looks delicious.

Maybe it was because it's Labor Day weekend and a lot of people could be out of town, but Saj was pretty dead when my friend and I tried it out Friday night... which is unfortunate because the food was delicious. We tried the beef shawarma and the kaftka(sp) entees and both were fantastic. So go out and support these guys.

Weekends and the fair coming up. SHould be tough on everybody for a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    Maybe it was because it's Labor Day weekend and a lot of people could be out of town, but Saj was pretty dead when my friend and I tried it out Friday night... which is unfortunate because the food was delicious. We tried the beef shawarma and the kaftka(sp) entees and both were fantastic. So go out and support these guys.
    We went on a Friday night a few weeks ago and it was the same. Totally dead, just a few other people there. The food was great, though. Maybe they're doing most of their business during lunch? Or now that the newness wore off people aren't going out of their way?

^

Cultivar always did much more business at lunch than dinner.

Blog Entries

Wife just reported downtown Y closed, account power down, she said there’s a fire in the building housing Saj.

I believe the fire was in a dumpster behind Saj and they crews accidentally hit/took down some power lines.

Thread Information