Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Saj Lebanese (formerly Cultivar)

1. Default Re: Cultivar

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    Does anyone know what time? I haven't been able to find it anywhere.
    Haven't seen that handy piece of info available anywhere yet... FB still says they open at 11 AM and their website doesn't have the breakfast menu added yet.

Default Re: Cultivar

I'm sure they'll be open by 7; maybe a bit earlier.

3. Default Re: Cultivar

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm sure they'll be open by 7; maybe a bit earlier.
    I would hope so... I was surprised when Fit Pig and Organic Squeeze came in, they both opened at 8 which is too late for the normal work crowd.

4. Default Re: Cultivar

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    I would hope so... I was surprised when Fit Pig and Organic Squeeze came in, they both opened at 8 which is too late for the normal work crowd.
    Yeah, I don't understand opening for breakfast at 8 AM on a weekday.... All the taquerias that serve breakfast do it too and it frustrates me because there are mornings I just want a chorizo, egg, & potato burrito for breakfast..... So hopefully Pete is right about them opening at 7 AM or earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Yeah, I don't understand opening for breakfast at 8 AM on a weekday.... All the taquerias that serve breakfast do it too and it frustrates me because there are mornings I just want a chorizo, egg, & potato burrito for breakfast..... So hopefully Pete is right about them opening at 7 AM or earlier.
    I n
    Know not what you are talking about. Bug big truck opens at 730

6. Default Re: Cultivar

True, and I get that once or twice a month. It's always interesting to see to relatively brisk bar business they do in the morning from the people from OUHSC and St Anthony getting off their night shift.

7. Default Re: Cultivar

They open at 7:30 am, think that's too late really for the work week.

Even Belle Kitchen in DD doesn't open until 8am! Which is insane, considering pastries and donuts are usually consumed in the morning. There is literally dozens of people walking past their store from 7-8am who can't grab something. I have personally pointed this out to them and they said they may fine-tune the hours as they get settled in.

Breakfast places in OKC are weird, although in my experience anytime I am able to go to a breakfast place on a weekday post-8am, I am always shocked at the amount of people that are there... Maybe there is just a really large base of people either not working traditional 8/9-5 or maybe people just don't have traditional weekday jobs.

Ozzie's at the airport in Norman opens at 6 am. It's rarely really busy until after 7:30 on the weekday mornings that I am there, though it does get busy earlier on the weekends.

One of the nicer things in working for yourself - flexible hours.

11. Default Re: Cultivar

I tried their breakfast for the first time this morning. I was the only person in the there, but I also was there at 7:45 and they open at 7:30. Without knowing their hours, it looks closed from the outside as the garage doors are down and they have a relatively dark tint.

I got a egg, bean and cheese taco and a barbacoa taco. Both were good, but same as their lunch they were on the smaller size. I like to eat a big breakfast, so I would need to order 3 next time. I might try the burrito instead. Overall it was good, but I prefer Big Truck's breakfast for the price.

Finally got around to trying this place. I finally get what people mean when they're talking about the lines.

Got 4 craft tacos: shrimp, carnitas, barbacoa, and asada. Found it weird that fried chicken was considered seasonal. Also had the queso and guac. Chips were good, guac was good, and I liked that they used white cheese, but wish something was combined with it.

The fire sauce had a nice kick to it, and my favorite taco out of the 4 was the shrimp. The rest were topped with so many ingredients it over powered the meat. Could see myself visiting once a month or so.

The food is good but I've given up on this concept. It's just too weird and disjointed to order there, and the food is rather expensive for the quality. At this point, I prefer Revolucion.

Blog Entries

I've never had an issue ordering, but maybe because I've only ordered burritos there? it's my big truck alternative for downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    The food is good but I've given up on this concept. It's just too weird and disjointed to order there, and the food is rather expensive for the quality. At this point, I prefer Revolucion.
    I'm glad you mentioned that. I've been told that Revolucion is actually a big truck alternative as well.

16. Default Re: Cultivar

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    My exact thoughts. Took a group of 8 to Revolucion yesterday and they all loved it. Thought it was some of the best street tacos they'd had recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    I'm glad you mentioned that. I've been told that Revolucion is actually a big truck alternative as well.
    It's like Big Truck with booze. It's different, obviously, but in the same territory and the prices are reasonable.

2Lanez Guest

I wonder how business is. No one seems very impressed, though I'm sure the location helps.

Blog Entries

It's always seemed brisk when I've been in there.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Lanez View Post
    I wonder how business is. No one seems very impressed, though I'm sure the location helps.
    Calling it a big truck like place isn't a bad thing. They get a lot of business from casuals (I think?).

personally, i prefer cultivar over revolucion.

Happy Cinco de Mayo! (yes, that is today)

those food prices are crazy

the best tamales in the metro Tamales el Patio they are 10 bucks for 6 20 for a dozen (and they just went up in prices to start this year )

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post

the best tamales in the metro Tamales el Patio they are 10 bucks for 6 20 for a dozen (and they just went up in prices to start this year )
    Both points, +100

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post

Beat me to the punch. I've been recently converted to a tamale believer cause of Tamales el Patio.

Thread Information