Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Kong's Tavern (formerly Gigglez)

Default Re: Gigglez Bar and Grill

Apparently even they think the Z on the end is silly.

I went again last night, and Marty and his wife told me that they are going to have Pho on Thursdays. They also installed some games in the dining area, including karaoke, which was a hit last weekend. The patio looks to be complete, and brunch is now served on Saturdays and Sundays from 10-2.

I would probably go if it weren't called gigglez...

I ate here for lunch earlier this week. I'll echo some of the other comments about the name of the menu items being a little cheesy, but the food and service was actually pretty good. I'll probably eat there again.

I'll try and give it a go next week. Trust in Vuong.

6. Default Re: Gigglez Bar and Grill

I went there again yesterday afternoon. They have updated the menu and are now using diner book covers. The item names have not changed and are still a little cheesy.

The food was great along with the service. The place was relatively full with people eating and watching baseball/basketball/hockey. Once again I was really pleased with my experience. I just wish the name wasn't Gigglez.

Quote Originally Posted by John Knight View Post
    I went there again yesterday afternoon. They have updated the menu and are now using diner book covers. The item names have not changed and are still a little cheesy.

The food was great along with the service. The place was relatively full with people eating and watching baseball/basketball/hockey. Once again I was really pleased with my experience. I just wish the name wasn't Gigglez.
    Cheezy*

8. Default Re: Gigglez Bar and Grill

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Cheezy*
    Lol, good call Teo9969!

Blog Entries

I mean, I GUESS it could be ironically cheezy...

This is a super cool thing they are doing:

Wednesday, November 23rd

Free Thanksgiving Dinner for all active duty and veteran military personnel with valid ID.

We will start at 11:00 am and serve until the food runs out. Donations will be accepted for the Special Operations Foundation. Gigglez Bar and Grill is veteran owned and operated.

1016 N Walker Ave, OKC 73102 On the East side of St. Anthony Hospital.

Please spread the word and post wherever possible. I hope some media or periodicals will get this and help our veterans get a meal on us. They deserve it.

I have been back a few times. They have started having Pho Thursdays and it is great. A lot of Asian food daily. Worth a try. And... There wings with the buffalo sauce are some of the best I have ever had.

Made it in tonight for the 1st time. Had a nice conversation with the owners. Very nice people. Everything we had was very good and we will definitely go back. Great beer selection too!

Quote Originally Posted by tsou89 View Post
    Made it in tonight for the 1st time. Had a nice conversation with the owners. Very nice people. Everything we had was very good and we will definitely go back. Great beer selection too!
    I stopped there a month or two ago with a friend. The food really was excellent and the service was very good too. I enjoyed chatting it up with some people at the bar. But, there's just no way around it, this place will likely struggle without a name change.

I agree dankrutka. This place has good food and a good layout. The name is off-putting and prevents people from even trying it.

I personally have never stepped foot inside due to the name and lack of identity.

I've heard good things about the food but hard for me to imagine going to a sports bar and getting Pho or Boba Tea. Hopefully they find themselves soon.

HangryHippo Guest

Gigglez is just such a stupid/weird name.

Complete turn-off of a name. I am always game to check out the newest bar or food in town. However, I just can't bring myself spend time at a bar called "Gigglez." Even if it was a comedy club with stand-up every night of the week it is still an off-putting name. And that spelling, woof.

I question the owner's vision if he did not run the proposed name by people before moving forward. Just my 2 cents!

Blog Entries

Those who choose not to go because of the name are missing out. I love getting boba tea and watching the Thunder (really I just love having a place that has it downtown). Sorry, but I do. Don't get me wrong, I hate the name. But I'm not missing out on the good stuff because of it.

The pho is just a weekly special made by the owner's wife. and it's *fantastic*.

Otherwise, the menu is pretty standard and they have a good beer selection in a very friendly setting.

I really like the place.

Maybe I will give it a try one day. All I know is I cant even look at their menu online without getting distracted by the terrible names and spelling(z).

I just find it odd to have burgers, pizza, and wings alongside Pho and Lo Mein. The same can be said about being a "bar" with a smoothie and tea station inside.

Once again, the food may be great but the concept and branding is so bad its turning away many more people than its attracting. I wouldn't dare ask my group of friend to meet me at Gigglez for happy hour, I'd be laughed away.

Quote Originally Posted by JarrodH View Post
    Maybe I will give it a try one day. All I know is I cant even look at their menu online without getting distracted by the terrible names and spelling(z).

I just find it odd to have burgers, pizza, and wings alongside Pho and Lo Mein. The same can be said about being a "bar" with a smoothie and tea station inside.

Once again, the food may be great but the concept and branding is so bad its turning away many more people than its attracting. I wouldn't dare ask my group of friend to meet me at Gigglez for happy hour, I'd be giggled away.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Those who choose not to go because of the name are missing out. I love getting boba tea and watching the Thunder (really I just love having a place that has it downtown). Sorry, but I do. Don't get me wrong, I hate the name. But I'm not missing out on the good stuff because of it.
    ^

Vuong had a hand in the menu so the American stuff is good, and they're Viet so the Viet stuff is good.

23. Default Re: Gigglez Bar and Grill

I went here yesterday with a big group. Several people that were with us had not been yet.

The service, beer selection and TV selection were on point as always. However, I noticed a difference in the food.

We ordered the chips, queso, salsa and guacamole as well as the Hot Nuts. The salsa was clearly Picante and the queso was just heated up Velveeta. The Hot Nuts now consist of mostly all peanuts. These are only two items, but the quality in these two items have clearly taken a dip.

Has anyone noticed this? I have been here several times and the food has always been good.

Blog Entries

last time I went the food was as good as the first time, but that's not been since the world series...

25. Default Re: Gigglez Bar and Grill

That's good news. Well hopefully I ordered the only things on the menu that have decreased in quality.

Thread Information