Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pink Parrot

Default Re: Pink Parrot

How about anyone convicted of alcohol related crimes (DUI, drunk in public, domestic violence while intoxicated, disorderly conduct while intoxicated, underage drinking, etc...) have an identifier on their drivers license that prevents them from ever buying alcohol or entering any establishment that requires identification.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    How about anyone convicted of alcohol related crimes (DUI, drunk in public, domestic violence while intoxicated, disorderly conduct while intoxicated, underage drinking, etc...) have an identifier on their drivers license that prevents them from ever buying alcohol or entering any establishment that requires identification.
    Because rehabilitation?

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Yes, that doesn't make the past crimes go away. Plus, the owner probably knows its over for him financially.
    As it should be. The owner profited from illegal behavior and, at the very least, tacitly encouraged the illegal behavior, knowingly creating an environment ripe for violence. If there are no repercussions for this, it merely encourages others to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Because rehabilitation?
    I have no problem with one and done but in the spirit of compromise it could have time limits depending on the severity of the crime.

The Oklahoman just reported that at least one of the 8 victims was only 19.

So at least two of 9 involved were underage; given there had to have been at least a hundred people in there, simple extrapolation tells you there were likely 20+ underage people in that bar when this went down at 1:30 AM.

Now multiply that number over many years of management by the same people and in the same manner, and you are talking about a massive amount of underage drinking at a single establishment that had yielded violence several times. An ABLE official said that he wasn't aware of previous citations which only demonstrates how poorly they enforce liquor laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    How about any place that serves minors and has violent incidents the owners be barred from owning or have an interest in any establishment that sells liquor, beer, or wine.

It shouldn't be that shocking that underage people get into bars. I know I got into many before I turned 21.

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    It shouldn't be that shocking that underage people get into bars. I know I got into many before I turned 21.
    There are some pretty realistic looking fake IDs available from foreign sources. You can't lay this entirely at the feet of the bars. These were adults, all over 18, who came in here and committed violent acts. They're not without blame for their own actions. As far as the venue's liability, I don't think that's an open and shut case at all--and whether the owner is personally liable is definitely going to be a question. I'm sure he has some sort of corporate structure in place.

^

We don't know if they had fake ID's or if they were realistic.

We only know at least two of the 9 involved were underage.

10. Default Re: Pink Parrot

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    When I was 18 you only had to be 18. But three guys I hung out with from school and I went in bars at 16. The 4 of us also had a running tab at a liquor store.

Quote Originally Posted by dheinz44 View Post
    Is Fassler actually part of the problem or are they just in a poor spot that's sandwiched between Kong's and Sunset? I always thought McNellies group had a great reputation (at least in the Tulsa area). I haven't been over there since sunset opened but my experiences before were all pleasant.
    I go to Fassler Hall quite a bit, usually for lunch and a beer or later in the afternoon, we've had a local running club buy out the restaurant for an early Sunday brunch several times, never a problem. Except ... There were a few times that I was there, later in the evening and dressed casually, maybe a polo and khakis and the vibe I got was not a good one, kinda' like walking into a drunken frat house party, one where I wasn't invited. Really strange, I got the strong feeling that I was being sized up for a fight. I really enjoy Fassler Hall, just not after 9pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    How about any place that serves minors and has violent incidents the owners be barred from owning or have an interest in any establishment that sells liquor, beer, or wine.
    Yeah - I'm good with that also. I don't have a lot of tolerance for these types of shenanigans. As mentioned earlier, some people get violent when they get drunk and as soon as that type of person self-identifies they get taken out of the game. Same with management. Once they prove they can't manage their establishment they can't play anymore either.

Went to the Thunder game tonight, and I don’t think I‘ve ever seen so many cop cars down there. They were rolling deep as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    There are some pretty realistic looking fake IDs available from foreign sources. You can't lay this entirely at the feet of the bars. These were adults, all over 18, who came in here and committed violent acts. They're not without blame for their own actions. As far as the venue's liability, I don't think that's an open and shut case at all--and whether the owner is personally liable is definitely going to be a question. I'm sure he has some sort of corporate structure in place.
    No doubt. Back when I was at OU practically everyone would get fake ID's from a place called CopyCats in Dallas every OU/TX. Just pick the state you'd like to be from from and get 2 ID's. I got one confiscated and the other worked for me all the way up until 21. Proud Colorado native here

Got mine at CopyCats in Dallas! Memories.....

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    Got mine at CopyCats in Dallas! Memories.....
    Was just curious so I googled them and they are still open. Lol. I'm not sure how!

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRealtor View Post
    No doubt. Back when I was at OU practically everyone would get fake ID's from a place called CopyCats in Dallas every OU/TX. Just pick the state you'd like to be from from and get 2 ID's. I got one confiscated and the other worked for me all the way up until 21. Proud Colorado native here
    Choosing Colorado was clever choice because if memory serves, they were one of the very last states to increase the drinking age to 21.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    Choosing Colorado was clever choice because if memory serves, they were one of the very last states to increase the drinking age to 21.
    the last was Louisiana in the 90's

I noticed today they have already taken the sign down.

It will be interesting to watch the criminal and civil fallout from all this.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvaflav View Post
    I go to Fassler Hall quite a bit, usually for lunch and a beer or later in the afternoon, we've had a local running club buy out the restaurant for an early Sunday brunch several times, never a problem. Except ... There were a few times that I was there, later in the evening and dressed casually, maybe a polo and khakis and the vibe I got was not a good one, kinda' like walking into a drunken frat house party, one where I wasn't invited. Really strange, I got the strong feeling that I was being sized up for a fight. I really enjoy Fassler Hall, just not after 9pm.
    i used to live close by and this matches my Fassler experience as well

we used to go a lot during the day and friday/saturday afternoons .... but it was not a place i wanted to be on thursday/Friday/Saturday night after about 8pm

Quote Originally Posted by rayvaflav View Post
    I was at Fassler a few years ago when a fight broke out right next to me in the bathroom. A guy threw his beer at the guy next to me at the urinal, that guy then turned around to try to defend himself, then the guy that started it broke his empty beer glass on the other guy's face and took off running out the door. The broken glass cut the guy's face pretty bad. If i remember right, someone caught part of it on video and it ended up on the local news. Not sure if they every caught the guy though.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC B-Man View Post
    I was at Fassler a few years ago when a fight broke out right next to me in the bathroom. A guy threw his beer at the guy next to me at the urinal, that guy then turned around to try to defend himself, then the guy that started it broke his empty beer glass on the other guy's face and took off running out the door. The broken glass cut the guy's face pretty bad. If i remember right, someone caught part of it on video and it ended up on the local news. Not sure if they every caught the guy though.
    I feel like you are talking about this and it was 8 years ago.

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...t/60758107007/

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I feel like you are talking about this and it was 8 years ago.

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...t/60758107007/
    Yep, that was definitely it. Can’t believe it was 8 years ago. In my mind I was thinking 4 or 5 years.

Thread Information