Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Chae

Default Re: Chae

Sad to see Chae close, but that certainly was a bizarre rant at the end of his post. We just didn't go too often - probably mostly because I just don't do Korean food - but one time we called around 8:15 to see if they could hold us a table, and the person who answered the phone made it a point to tell us they were closing at 9. So we said no thanks, we'll go somewhere we won't feel forced out at closing time.

2. Default Re: Chae

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    Sad to see Chae close, but that certainly was a bizarre rant at the end of his post. We just didn't go too often - probably mostly because I just don't do Korean food - but one time we called around 8:15 to see if they could hold us a table, and the person who answered the phone made it a point to tell us they were closing at 9. So we said no thanks, we'll go somewhere we won't feel forced out at closing time.
    That is a thing that is often difficult to get across to service industry staff, speaking as someone in the industry. People (employees) are tired, they want to go home, they smell of food, likely have had some rude customers, the prospect of significant tip money is well past, whatever. They see that announced closing time and in their mind it becomes a hard cutoff. As a manager it's important to communicate clearly that if someone walks in before closing we're going to do everything in our power to serve them just as if they'd walked in right after opening time. It's tough, and it can make employees feel less valued. But I think it is important to serve fully up until advertised closings as much as possible, and be courteous as you break down the kitchen and bar or whatever as they finish, even if they go past a bit.

That said, someone who knowingly walks in five or ten minutes before closing time and expects a full sit-down service that might last an hour or more is a bit of a toolbag.

Daniel Chae just announced he has filed to run for OK County Treasurer.

https://danielychae.nationbuilder.com/

Wow. That's quite the other opportunity. He's got my vote.

Thought I saw a "For Sale" or "For Lease" sign in front a few weeks ago when we went by, and now it's gone, so I'm guessing the building has changed hands.

That is correct. JJWRE, LLC paid $450,000 for the property in August. JJWRE, LLC is registered to William Jordan Winteroth who appears to have ties to Republic Gatropub.

Quote Originally Posted by T. Jamison View Post
    That is correct. JJWRE, LLC paid $450,000 for the property in August. JJWRE, LLC is registered to William Jordan Winteroth who appears to have ties to Republic Gatropub.
    Great news!

Jordan Winteroth used to be the GM at Republic in Classen Curve but is no longer with Good Egg.

Going to be Social Deck + Dining and opening in December per their IG.

Social Deck + Dining, Social Capital (new park restaurant), Social Order Dining Collective (Jones & Fuzzys parent co.). I think I know what the new hot word in dining is.

They posted on Instagram last night that the All About Cha location on western will change into Chae cafe and eatery. It says dishes from chae's breakfast line-up.

Quote Originally Posted by LFordD40 View Post
    They posted on Instagram last night that the All About Cha location on western will change into Chae cafe and eatery. It says dishes from chae's breakfast line-up.
    I noticed the sign change today. I wonder if they are just changing names or what. I believe they have had the breakfast/brunch items at that location for a while now.

Basically, Daniel Chae is severing ties with All About Cha, so this location will be his alone and All About Cha will continue on elsewhere.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Basically, Daniel Chae is severing ties with All About Cha, so this location will be his alone and All About Cha will continue on elsewhere.
    Did he win his election?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Did he win his election?
    It isn't until November. County Treasurer.

HangryHippo Guest

It isn't until November. County Treasurer.
    Whoops! Thanks, Pete.

I gotta say that I love Ur/bun (sp?)! I always stop in when my wife and I are headed home after going downtown or anywhere remotely close to 23rd. We also enjoyed going to this All About Cha, probably because Chae knows how to operate a business. I am glad to see his own concept here as it is fairly close to my employer.

I created a new thread for Social Dining + Deck that is taking over the old Chae spot:

http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=44632&p=1051793

19. Default Re: Chae

Per Greg Horton and reposted by Rachel Cope.

"Rachel Cope's 84 Hospitality Group has signed a lease for 7300 N. Western -- the old Chae space -- for a brand new, yet-to-be-announced concept. It will be 84's first upscale dining concept, and it's slated for a fall '24 opening. Architecture and interior design work is being handled by Chris Pardo Design: Elemental Architecture, known for his boutique hospitality designs throughout the U.S. Cope said, "It’s really focused on slowing down and getting to focus on the finer points of service, food, and atmosphere that we don’t often get to employ in our fast-casual spots. Everything is governed by the idea of 'intentional.'" The name and focus will be announced in the next few weeks. Luxiere Western Avenue"

^

Chris Pardo is the designer behind all the Arrive Hotels. Very high-style stuff.

21. Default Re: Chae

^

Chris Pardo is the designer behind all the Arrive Hotels. Very high-style stuff.
    I just realized this might be the wrong thread to post this considering the location is on Western and not the old 23rd Spot. I am sure you will be able to fix that. Thanks Pete.

Thread Information