Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hibdon Tires

Mustang Hibdon Tires

It looks as though Discount Tires will be building at the location just north of Arby's, close to the corner of SH152 and Mustang Rd. This is the vacant lot that previously was the municipal building.

There was also a previous rumor that Dairy Queen was going to be built there, but this seems to have never been the case or anything come of it.

Project is still probably 7 to 8 months out.

Default Re: Discount Tires

Hibdon?

No the store is called Discount Tire. It's a chain store so nothing special.

Tires & Wheels | Car Tires & Wheels | SUV/Truck Tires & Wheels | Discount Tire

Big O's needs the competition. Wouldn't mind a Hibdons either. At the rate they are putting in neighborhoods around here there is a lot of rubber hitting the road.

Been a Sams club and dad's been a Hibdon guy for a long time, but just bought by newest tires from Discount and they're really great. Free tire maintenance on ALL of your vehicles (including friends and family, though I haven't tested that out yet) for life when you buy even one set from them. Saves me a drive to Westgate for tire stuff now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_M View Post
    Been a Sams club and dad's been a Hibdon guy for a long time, but just bought by newest tires from Discount and they're really great. Free tire maintenance on ALL of your vehicles (including friends and family, though I haven't tested that out yet) for life when you buy even one set from them. Saves me a drive to Westgate for tire stuff now.
    It's all true. I've been a Discount Tire customer since the day they entered the OKC market. They are truly the best tire option in town. Period. They ONLY do wheels and tires. But, they do it better than anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
    It's all true. I've been a Discount Tire customer since the day they entered the OKC market. They are truly the best tire option in town. Period. They ONLY do wheels and tires. But, they do it better than anyone.
    This x1,000.

Since they opened a location at Memorial/Macarthur I have been hooked on their quality/service/customer service. I buy/trade cars quite a few times throughout the year and also restore classic cars. I use to call around, and find someone who would offer the best deal, and head that way. But now, I don't even bother. I know Discount will take care of me. A lot of times, I'm looking for an odd ball size, or specialty tire...and they typically order it, and have it at the location within 48 hours. I cant see myself ever doing business anywhere other than Discount Tire.

Per the Mustang city manager report this will be a Hibdon Tires Plus. They are waiting on the city to grant a setback variance to begin construction.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    This x1,000.

Since they opened a location at Memorial/Macarthur I have been hooked on their quality/service/customer service. I buy/trade cars quite a few times throughout the year and also restore classic cars. I use to call around, and find someone who would offer the best deal, and head that way. But now, I don't even bother. I know Discount will take care of me. A lot of times, I'm looking for an odd ball size, or specialty tire...and they typically order it, and have it at the location within 48 hours. I cant see myself ever doing business anywhere other than Discount Tire.
    +2. Was in Houston with my dad a few years ago. I hit a sharp curb and blew out a tire on his car. Since he'd bought them thru the Discount Tire on NW Hwy west of Council, they could look him up in their system. 3 hours later, we were ready to roll.

10. Default Re: Discount Tires

Discount is the only place I'll ever buy tires again. Service is way better than Hibdon. Prices are good. And they go the extra mile. For instance, last year I bought a set of wheels from Discount Tire online. When I took them to the local Discount Tire to be installed the manager said he could have beat the online price. He mounted and balanced them for free to make the cost the same for me as it would have been if he ordered them. He didn't have to do that. But it solidified my loyalty if that was his intention.

I also take most of the facility vehicle's flats in for repair. At Hibdon I would wait for hours sometimes. At Discount they work the repair in with the tires being changed instead of just putting it in the back of the line.

Well I had an experience at Discount tire , that was less than lack luster.took my daughters Honda Civic down for a new set of tires (Moore location) in the process of reinstalling the lug nuts the tech twisted off one of the studs. Okay no problem let's fix it, well it's not that easy, because they only install tires, period. They had to call a tow truck and take my car to Hibdons to have the stud replaced ,this was a Saturday so what was suppose to take 45 mins turned into about an 6 hour ordeal. They would not let me drive the car away it really put a bad taste in my mouth. I think I'll pay a little more and use a full service place on the next go around.

Did they cover the cost of the stud replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by bradh View Post
    Did they cover the cost of the stud replacement?
    They did, but the whole thing was a huge hassle , I didn't ask for any extra discount, nor did they offer which in my opinion would have been the right thing to do... I'm just not the type to make a big stink. But had I known their policy of not being able to work on the car, I would have went somewhere else to begin with.

14. Default Re: Discount Tires

I only buy from Discount Tire. I used to be a Hibdon's customer before they sold out years ago.

They'll match any price and their service is usually very fast. I don't like full service places because it often takes longer to get in and out because of other customers with other needs.

I've had several tires replaced by Discount Tire (free under warranty) without any hassle at all.

Over the years have I ever had a less than stellar experience? Sure. But they always make it right.

A few months ago I replaced all four tires on one of our cars. I literally had to go back three times in 24hrs after getting the tires on; Pressure sensor broken during instal, a balancing weight installed wrong (on the outside of the rim) and something else. They ended up basically giving me all four new tires for FREE for the hassle.

I also really like the fact the have so many locations. Makes tire fixes and rotating a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    I only buy from Discount Tire. I used to be a Hibdon's customer before they sold out years ago.

They'll match any price and their service is usually very fast. .
    Same here. While it's worth mentioning they do price match, I tried PM'ing vs tire rack and having them shipped a few years ago and all of these hidden charges started coming up.

Blog Entries

another thumbs up here. Never really price shopped em but service is excellent. Have their tires on 3 cars and always top notch experience

I beat Discount Tires price by over $9 a tire by ordering from Tire Rack, paying for shpg and the mount & balance at Walmart.

18. Default Re: Discount Tires

Quote Originally Posted by stick47 View Post
    I beat Discount Tires price by over $9 a tire by ordering from Tire Rack, paying for shpg and the mount & balance at Walmart.
    Sorry, but I wouldn't risk any of my vehicles in a Walmart service bay just to save $9 a tire. I always give Discount Tire an online price, plus installation and they always match or beat it - and I leave with tires that day. Not to mention the satisfaction of knowing I can get a tire, warranty replaced at locations all over the country anytime.

When I'm spending $200+ per tire I want a brick and mortar store I can walk into if I have an issue.

Its the Wife car and I feel she'll be more in her comfort zone dealing with an easy to locate walmart store than a tire store that's only in major cities. Simple as that. (My Wife is Korean) FWIW I used to be a tire salesman as asst mgr at Otasco. I'm familiar with the local WM and am confident in their ability to do good work.

20. Default Re: Discount Tires

Its the Wife car and I feel she'll be more in her comfort zone dealing with an easy to locate walmart store than a tire store that's only in major cities. Simple as that. (My Wife is Korean) FWIW I used to be a tire salesman as asst mgr at Otasco. I'm familiar with the local WM and am confident in their ability to do good work.
    To each their own, but for me, beyond the hassle of ordering your tires and then having a 3rd party install them, you also have the hassle of being 'reimbursed' if you have to enforce the warranty for repairs or replacement.

I've had to use my Discount tire warranty for everything from simple nail repairs to completely blown tires - and most recently, tires that wore down too fast. Just pull in, they fix it and you leave. No reimbursement necessary.

I know several people who use tire rack. I just never really understood the reasoning if a local brick and mortar will sell you the same tire that day and install it as long as you bring the price difference to their attention. In fact, when I buy my more expensive tires they often give me the best warranty for free.

discount tire doesn't stock these run flat tires we use on the Wifes car so ordering them would also have been required had I bought from them.
    Personally I don't buy from chains when other equal options are available. I'd recommend Freddies Discount Tires or Express Tire & Wheel, both on W. Reno where I had a tire replaced on the motorhome would at the top of my list.

Very pleased with Discount Tire. I put some new tires on before my drive to Portland. Was hesitant about purchasing the warranty. I'm glad I did. Not a month in Portland and some road debris destroyed one of my tires. I pumped enough air in to get myself a mile down the road to the nearest location. Showed my warranty, walked across the street to Burger King. I wasn't more than halfway through my burger when they called to tell me I was all buttoned up and ready to go. I was thinking it would be a 1 hour event. It was done in 15-- had I known it would be that quick I wouldn't have even went to the burger shop.

Count me as another satisfied customer of DT. I used to patronize HIBDONS as well prior to FIRESTONE buying the name. Totally endorse the brick and mortar concept of purchasing tires from a local outlet as well as buying from the source of the warranty.

LOL! I think it's funny how some of you like DT now but I'm pretty sure you'll be dissing DT like you do Walmart one of these days after they run off the little guys. Just seems hypocritical or plain naive IMO. YMMV so if that doesn't apply to you don't get all riled up.

25. Default Re: Discount Tires

LOL! I think it's funny how some of you like DT now but I'm pretty sure you'll be dissing DT like you do Walmart one of these days after they run off the little guys. Just seems hypocritical or plain naive IMO. YMMV so if that doesn't apply to you don't get all riled up.
    That makes no sense.

FYI - Love WalMart (for the purpose it serves). Shop there a few times a week. I like their selection, prices and convenience. That said, I'd never let one of their employees touch any of my vehicles.... EVER!

Thread Information