Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hopscotch

Default Re: Hopscotch

Thanks Pete!

My lunch crew decided to check it out and we left pretty happy. Prices were in line with the other local burger spots. I still think 2.75 for a side of fries is expensive but everyone else is charging the same and I guess people are paying for it (myself included). I had an Egg Your Pardon with a side of fries. The egg was a runny which makes for a messy burger. This should probably be served with a knife as it's pretty large. The beef was standard but it was hand pattied, tasted pretty good by itself.

This will for sure be included in our lunch rotation. The staff were very friendly and attentive. We sat at a high top in the bar area which is the only full service area. The booths are all walk up order like The Garage.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0127.HEIC.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	175.4 KB 
ID:	14190 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0129.HEIC.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	246.2 KB 
ID:	14191

With what seemed like was a forever construction process here, I was mad that they opened a month after I moved to Minneapolis this year. I was able to try it out while back this past weekend. This place is fantastic and has a really cool layout inside. Highly recommend checking it out. They've moved away from the Garage-like counter service and are now full service.

Quote Originally Posted by bradh View Post
    With what seemed like was a forever construction process here, I was mad that they opened a month after I moved to Minneapolis this year. I was able to try it out while back this past weekend. This place is fantastic and has a really cool layout inside. Highly recommend checking it out. They've moved away from the Garage-like counter service and are now full service.
    That's probably smart. I'm not a fan of the garage/Johnnie's type service. When I go out to eat for other than fast food, I kind of like to have a waitperson.

Yes, they did change it and I agree that's a good move.

I never understand these places where (like Hopscotch when it first opened) you can order directly in the bar area but everyone else has to go to the counter.

The Garage does that as well as does Torchy's. Even if you don't want an alcoholic beverage, why not just always go to the bar area and and skip the line?

5. Default Re: Hopscotch

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

I never understand these places where (like Hopscotch when it first opened) you can order directly in the bar area but everyone else has to go to the counter.

The Garage does that as well as does Torchy's. Even if you don't want an alcoholic beverage, why not just always go to the bar area and and skip the line?
    Dont tell the people my secrets!

wait a minute? you can order food at the bar at The Garage? GTFO!

Quote Originally Posted by bradh View Post
    wait a minute? you can order food at the bar at The Garage? GTFO!
    I might be wrong about the Garage.

I might be wrong about the Garage.
    AT the GARAGE in Norman you may order food directly at the bar.

9. Default Re: Hopscotch

^^^^^^^^^
    Also true in midtown with some time exceptions

I'm pretty sure it's true at the Britton Rd. location. I seem to remember having ordered food there, but I was also drinking, so...

Definitely can at Midtown... I'm sure Hal and co. have done plenty of research on it but it always seems a little derivative to be sitting at a table with a waiter / waitress, but you have to get up and go stand in line to place a food order.

I thought you could at the Garage but wasn't 100% sure.

What is particularly nonsensical IMO is when you are sitting at a table in the bar area (not at the bar itself) and have the benefit of full table service then 10 feet away the area considered as standard dining requires going to the counter.

So, glad to see Hopscotch go to a full table-service model because otherwise it was just confusing.

Seems that the transition didn’t go that smoothly. Some friends reported that over the weekend that the service was really bad and the staff blamed it on the transition from counter to table service. Today they posted that they are closed for a bit after listening to their customers.

https://www.facebook.com/HopscotchOK...68426040176356

really strange, service was awesome last month when we were there.

Tried to go on Friday night and their parking lot was completely full. So much so that we had to go somewhere else, there were literally zero spots.

Quote Originally Posted by GoThunder View Post
    Tried to go on Friday night and their parking lot was completely full. So much so that we had to go somewhere else, there were literally zero spots.
    I’m sorry but I have to say this post is just so stereotypical of OKC. Not the poster. Just this post. I love it man.

Yes, they are closed for a few days and hope to reopen by Friday, but they have lots to do and will be working nearly around the clock.

Taking out the service counter, closing off the kitchen and going all table service, Taking out about 1/3 of the booths and tables adding some games, new artwork, new tables and new lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I’m sorry but I have to say this post is just so stereotypical of OKC. Not the poster. Just this post. I love it man.
    (S)he's right. Should totally just park at another business and walk there.

I’d never noticed Hopscotch was there until recently. The one time I visited, the service was good and we enjoyed our burgers. Glad to hear this is only temporary.

You'd think there wasn't a multiple-hundreds-of-empty-spaces lot literally right across the street........

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    You'd think there wasn't a multiple-hundreds-of-empty-spaces lot literally right across the street........
    Yikes, you guys are brutal. My wife was under the weather but wanted to get out of the house for a quick bite, not interested in walking in the cold. I was trying to make a point about the apparent popularity of this place, guess I missed the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by GoThunder View Post
    Yikes, you guys are brutal. My wife was under the weather but wanted to get out of the house for a quick bite, not interested in walking in the cold. I was trying to make a point about the apparent popularity of this place, guess I missed the mark.
    No worries. I know that feeling where sometimes you just don't want the hassle, especially when there are so many places to go.

Just FYI, there is a dental office directly west that has a huge lot.

They are re-opening today at 6.

Resurrecting this thread to say this place is still amazing and still always packed. The brussel sprout appetizer with chili lime sauce is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    Resurrecting this thread to say this place is still amazing and still always packed. The brussel sprout appetizer with chili lime sauce is a must.
    We've been there a handful of times and it has always been excellent! I agree with Dustin on the brussel sprouts appetizer. I wasn't crazy about the fish & chips, but the meatloaf dinner with mashed potatoes and glazed carrots was amazing, as was the pasta dish (I think the only one on the menu) my wife ordered.

Thread Information