Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hopscotch

Northwest OKC Hopscotch

Plans are underway to renovate the old Dugout Bar & Grill location into a new restaurant and bar to be called Hopscotch.

The operation will be piloted by Joe Jungmann, the owner of Sauced on Paseo and the Paseo Grill. Jungmann also worked with the Hal Smith Restaurant Group to help open KD's Southern Cuisine and Wes Welker's Sports Bar. Local attorney Dale Cazes is also a partner.

The existing building at 10909 N. May will be thoroughly remodeled and expanded, with a substantial patio and fireplace facing May. An entirely new facade will be added as well.

The menu will feature various varieties of grilled cheese and burgers. The large, full bar will feature 30 beers on tap.

Upon completion later this year, the restaurant will seat 160 inside.

The restaurant is yet another project near the May & Hefner intersection, as OnCue Express readies the southeast corner for another location and 7 Eleven is set to commence a significant remodel on the northwest corner.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hopscotch

Is that the location of the former sports bar (don't recall name)?

Yes, It's the former Dugout.

Hey this is cool and unexpected, always love seeing new local concepts on this side of town!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JarrodH View Post
    Yes, It's the former Dugout.
    Thanks...could not think of the name! Might be a good addition to this area.

I really think we're going to see other operators catch on to the under-served nature of May Avenue.

And Joe Jungmann brings a ton of good experience here, so you know it will be done right.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I really think we're going to see other operators catch on to the under-served nature of May Avenue.

And Joe Jungmann brings a ton of good experience here, so you know it will be done right.
    I like the idea of this being on May and South of the craziness of Memorial. Sometimes just don't wanna fight all that. Easier access, etc and sounds like really good concept and food! Look forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    I like the idea of this being on May and South of the craziness of Memorial. Sometimes just don't wanna fight all that. Easier access, etc and sounds like really good concept and food! Look forward to it!
    Tons of people live south of Memorial, most with a lot of disposable income.

This is why I said from the beginning I thought the Meat Market Refectory will likely kick ass at 63rd & May.

But really, most of N. May is vastly under-served and there seems to be plenty of room for more quality bars and restaurants.

Seems like everyone forgot about this area in the rush to Memorial and downtown, but along May is still one of the best commercial corridors in town, and that will never change.

North May is very underserved, especially where this space is. Everyone seems to forget that Quail Creek is in this area and that that market has disposable income and no where to spend it outside of memorial. I think this place will do well.

An Across The Street restaurant occupied that building in the early 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by harp23 View Post
    An Across The Street restaurant occupied that building in the early 70's.
    Right!

Completely forgot about that.

BTW, I always post these news articles on Twitter and Facebook.

On the latter, there have been tons of comments by people in the area who are clearly very desirous of nearby restaurant and bar options.

And I'm hearing more are in the works.

On the latter, there have been tons of comments by people in the area who are clearly very desirous of nearby restaurant and bar options.

Isnt there a Vegas style club going into Northpark? is there a thread yet for that place?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCretro View Post
    Isnt there a Vegas style club going into Northpark? is there a thread yet for that place?
    Northpark Mall - OKCTalk

15. Default Re: Hopscotch

I retweeted on Twitter to my father. He went crazy with joy. Lots of people in that area that want new places to eat and drink

We really are in need of a nice non-smoking bar in the area. I really liked Sean Cummings, but that bar is teeny tiny. Usually my wife and I have to drive over to Bin 73 on Western to just have a drink in a nice, quiet place.

I'm not familiar with Hopscotch, but it sounds like a good addition to the area.

Got a tour today and they have finally started work after months of delays due to plan approval.

They should start kicking tail now and I think this place is going to be a big hit. Big bar area, large patio, reasonably priced food and great location.

Plus, the new facade is going to look a million times better than what is there now, the remnants of the old Dugout.

This is great news! My wife and I live in the Village and we love going to places like Guyutes, and Tamashii. But honestly some Friday nights we are just so spent, that driving down to 23rd or The Plaza just isn't appealing. And now with Uptown Grocery getting ready to open and hearing about new restaurants coming in, we are both very excited.

19. Default Re: Hopscotch

FYI Joe was also the longtime manager/proprietor of Red Rock, during the height of its popularity.

Didn't get a photo but the entire front and south side of this building has been torn off and they are really going to town.

This is going to be a huge upgrade in appearance and offerings from the old Dugout bar.

what's the word with this place? ever going to open?

Quote Originally Posted by bradh View Post
    what's the word with this place? ever going to open?
    It's interesting how many things started construction at the same time or later and have already opened in the space of time this project is dragging along. The only thing I can think is they tried to use whatever systems the Dugout had in place, only to realize very late in the game they had to re-do a lot. A few weeks ago it looked like they ran a trench from the back to the street, maybe sewage? I have no idea. I'm still very interested in it, though.

Took this over the weekend:

Thread Information